Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

I dont know what happened but my tower went off today:-( we have had 4g for almost 3 weeks and today Its back to 3g

My lte is still off I don't know what happened nor does sprint but they won't report it as an outage because their maps were never updated that my area was lte :-( what is going on

So LTE in Miami is now officially turned on? I just saw the Sprint Press Release and I'm disappointed that they launched without decent service in Miami Beach. I wonder if Fort Lauderdale is being considered a separate market, because there are so many holes in coverage, particularly in East Fort Lauderdale

I dont know what happened but my tower went off today:-( we have had 4g for almost 3 weeks and today Its back to 3g

Anyone know what happened out here ?

So LTE in Miami is now officially turned on? I just saw the Sprint Press Release and I'm disappointed that they launched without decent service in Miami Beach. I wonder if Fort Lauderdale is being considered a separate market, because there are so many holes in coverage, particularly in East Fort Lauderdale

I don't believe so as they don't show the area on their 4G LTE coverage maps only Miami Dade County areas are shown.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

• 3 weeks later...

Things got really quiet here recently! I have a question: for over a week my signal in downtown Fort Lauderdale keeps dropping to EDGE. Internet usage and even iMessage transmission has been impossible. I went to the Sprint Store on the corner of Broward and US1 and the representative there said it's the network, not the phone - and that I need to be patient, it's a know issue. Inside the store there was no 3G!! The signal in this area has never been great, but this is the worst it's been since I switched from ATT last September. Is this a sign that they are about to turn on an LTE tower in the area, or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

Things got really quiet here recently! I have a question: for over a week my signal in downtown Fort Lauderdale keeps dropping to EDGE. Internet usage and even iMessage transmission has been impossible. I went to the Sprint Store on the corner of Broward and US1 and the representative there said it's the network, not the phone - and that I need to be patient, it's a know issue. Inside the store there was no 3G!! The signal in this area has never been great, but this is the worst it's been since I switched from ATT last September. Is this a sign that they are about to turn on an LTE tower in the area, or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

Are you on Sprint? If so, how can you be running on Edge?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

Well it's the really slow thing that preceded 3G. On my wife's iPhone it has an O where the 3G or LTE icon normally shows up. I'm running iOS 7 and it shows 1x on mine. The guy at the Sprint store said it meant that it was using EDGE. All I know is that it sucks!!!

Well it's the really slow thing that preceded 3G. On my wife's iPhone it has an O where the 3G or LTE icon normally shows up. I'm running iOS 7 and it shows 1x on mine. The guy at the Sprint store said it meant that it was using EDGE. All I know is that it sucks!!!

I hear ya bro. So many places I go to around south florida and I get speeds slower than dialup. Im sure you know how it quickly frustrates you. In the places I do get LTE it is awesome fast but its spotty at best.

The guy at the sprint store told you the phone was running on edge? Dude, that should be the last time you visit that store lol. I heard some stories about how some of these sprint store reps are stupid...but this takes it to another level heheh.

• Like 1

Parents are in Florida on the ocean in west Palm and they have 4G. Told my dad to do a speed test, call quality was great when I spoke to him

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Until an area is fully converted or close , lte coverage may seem spotty. Especially if someone has the evo lte

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

You know what? You make a really good point about the evo lte. I almost forgot that the evo lte kinda has a primitive lte radio which may explain why it doesnt pick up lte everywhere. A co worker of mine has the htc one and he gets lte signal standing right next to me in the office...but my evo lte stays on 3g. Also, my wife has the s4 and gets slightly better lte signal. I guess most people that complain about poor lte signal reception are people like me...who bought the first gen lte enabled phones a year ago. Once people start upgrading in the next few months or so to phones that have better lte antenas (i hope) then maybe more people will get better lte signal. Would that be correct or is it more of a Sprint network thing?

Edited by weatheremperor
  • Like 1

almost any other device at this point is better then the evo lte. Note 2 is a RF beast. the S3 AND S4 are good as well

Except for the Galaxy Nexus of course.. Another horrible device.

• Like 2

It appears that they have activated LTE on the 800 MHz band in Delray Beach, Fl. (Linton Blvd and Dixie Hwy). I am now able to pick up a strong LTE signal INSIDE of the Publix Supermarket. Keep in mind that I do own the 1st gen HTC Evo LTE, so there is a possibility that other phones could've been getting LTE signal befor

It appears that they have activated LTE on the 800 MHz band in Delray Beach, Fl. (Linton Blvd and Dixie Hwy). I am now able to pick up a strong LTE signal INSIDE of the Publix Supermarket. Keep in mind that I do own the 1st gen HTC Evo LTE, so there is a possibility that other phones could've been getting LTE signal befor

Not possible. Sprint has yet to release any LTE devices that can utilize LTE on 800 MHz.

That tower has been broadcasting an LTE signal for months but I couldn't pick up any LTE signal indoors until now. I'm also experiencing the same issue at my house where I can now get a strong LTE signal indoors.

Oh well, what ever they did made me a happy camper.

Seems like there's more 4G's converting to 3G/4G changing over.. I guess once they get enough, they'd activate 800mhz clusters. 

I just hope Key Biscayne gets on that soon™ =D lol.. would be nice when I am on the poop deep inside the building to get signal instead of roaming

Seems like there's more 4G's converting to 3G/4G changing over.. I guess once they get enough, they'd activate 800mhz clusters.

I just hope Key Biscayne gets on that soon =D lol.. would be nice when I am on the poop deep inside the building to get signal instead of roaming

Yeah same here. Currently working at downtown. As soon as you step inside, you roam.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yeah same here. Currently working at downtown. As soon as you step inside, you roam.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

If I'm not mistaken that is there current slogan, "Sprint, once your in, you roam" :D

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Edited by icethegreat69
  • Like 1

Hi Everyone,

I discovered a strong 4G LTE signal down here in Key West this morning. What a wonderful surprise. Speedtest shows 27Mpbs Up and 7Mbps Down.

If you are in the area, check it out. it has been a long time coming.

• Like 2

Hi Everyone,

I discovered a strong 4G LTE signal down here in Key West this morning. What a wonderful surprise. Speedtest shows 27Mpbs Up and 7Mbps Down.

If you are in the area, check it out. it has been a long time coming.

Good news!

Sensorly or it didn't happen. :tu:

Sent from my HTC ONE