Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

I also just saw that the two small squares on the antenna tower (can't remember the technical name... RRU?) have green lights flashing on them. Can't recall seeing those before on others but I may not have noticed.

Green lights are solid and aren't flashing anymore.... could it be broadcasting a blocked signal? Does Sprint still do that with newly deployed towers?

Why is "my" tower still 3G only after having 4G for a week?

It happens. Could be that it's awaiting inspection, and/or there's work left to be done. Don't be surprised if it acts goofy and goes on/off at odd times, until one day it stabilizes at a good speed.

I'm not sure if here is the right area to ask this question. Sprint leases space on each tower for their antennas. I'm assuming they are replacing the old existing antennas with the new LTE ones. So does Sprint rent another section on the tower to put the new antennas on before they take down the old antennas?

The site I mentioned is already live! A week and a half from installation to live seems like a great turnaround time to me! Got about 15mbps down on a speed test too.

Edited by Jaggrey
  • Like 1

LTE live on site MI60XC221 in Homestead as of yesterday. From installation to activation in the less than 4 weeks is fast! Hope they continue this across all of the sites in Miami. Speedtest of 27.03 mbps on the down, and 6 on the up is not bad...

LTEspeedtest.jpgLTEspeedtest2.jpg

• Like 1

I guess they were just testing.  A few hours later I was back in that area and nothing.  Still not on this morning either.

It was back on again when I was on my way home.  Either they test it during the day or my phone is slow to pick it up (entirely possible).

• Like 1

It was back on again when I was on my way home.  Either they test it during the day or my phone is slow to pick it up (entirely possible).

Still on this morning!  One thing I noticed is the coverage isn't nearly as wide as other sites.  If I travel half a mile away from the tower it drops to 3g.  With many other towers the range is at least a mile.  I'm guessing since it just came online there's still some tweaking to do.

• Like 1

really want 3g 800 mhz to start rolling out faster. Nextel demise cant come any sooner.

It will within the next 3 months the South FL area is schedule for quite a few 800 MHz upgrades..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen quite a bit of movement.  There's a tower near where I live that went from no panels to LTE live in 1.5 weeks.  Also in the area between Miami Gardens Drive and 826 on Red Road (NW 57th Ave) has LTE now... that happened within the last week.  I haven't tracked down which tower is serving that area.  It's encouraging to see the movement!

They finally turned up towers in Coral springs north of southgate on university. monday morning I awoke to a LTE signal with 10 down/4 up. Its been shaky  a little but it reaches in to the house so im pretty happy.  I thought for sure we would be left out.