Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

Stupid question...but does the miami area at least have 2500/2600 mhz??

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

Yes, there are already hundreds of Band 41 (LTE 2600) sites live throughout Miami/Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties.  These are accessible to Triband LTE devices.  More and more will go live throughout the next year or two.

Robert

• Like 3

I was googling and I found this FCC document. 

http://www.fcc.gov/document/sprint-corp-waiver-permit-800-mhz-wideband-operations-florida

So does this mean we won't be seeing 800mhz voice, or lte for a long time? 

This article was brought up a few months ago. Basically if I remember correctly, it was stating that if you are in the miami-dade county area or 80 miles distance from it you will not have 800 mhz for a while. I believe the earliest you will see it down there is around June or July. All other cities in Florida are probably currently working on deploying 800 mhz. 

Edit: so not forever, but what probably feels like forever.

• Like 1

I got some awesome speeds down in the Davie/Hollywood/Pembroke Pines area on my LG G2. I didn't look at the bands at the time though. I usually average anywhere from 20-25mbps in real time usage, but these peak speeds are awesome!

Another note, I've been a Sprint user since the beginning and have had very few calls dropped over that entire time. Data connectivity may not be great, but as a cell phone service I have been absolutely happy. I guess I just have good luck? 

nNfhwbn.jpg

Edited by footyfanatic
  • Like 3

I got some awesome speeds down in the Davie/Hollywood/Pembroke Pines area on my LG G2. I didn't look at the bands at the time though. I usually average anywhere from 20-25mbps in real time usage, but these peak speeds are awesome!

Another note, I've been a Sprint user since the beginning and have had very few calls dropped over that entire time. Data connectivity may not be great, but as a cell phone service I have been absolutely happy. I guess I just have good luck?

Posted Image

Wow Sprint Spark is awesome! Those are great speeds. Im waiting to get the Galaxy S5 or the new HTC One. South Florida coverage just keeps getting better and better. Cant wait. Thanks for posting!

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

Im at work and just got these speeds not bad at all.{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif uploadfromtaptalk1394120772386.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

seriously cannot wait for the Nexus 5 update. If I can even get half of that at work I would die happy

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 4

• 3 weeks later...

Ill be in Delray Beach next week, looking forward to seeing what kind of LTE experience the SE Florida market experiences on the core B25.  Coming from Chicago to a less dense area, though still quite urban, my assumption is I will see better throughput speeds both on/off peak hours on B25 LTE.  I will be over by Atlantic Ave and Ocean Drive, I see the closest couple of towers are 3G/4G for some time.  Anyone have any experience in this area they can share?

I will also be in Boca for a day or so, unfortunately the sites on Yamato and Client Moore show legacy so that stretch along Military Tr. doesn't look like its going offer a good data experience.

Ill be in Delray Beach next week, looking forward to seeing what kind of LTE experience the SE Florida market experiences on the core B25. Coming from Chicago to a less dense area, though still quite urban, my assumption is I will see better throughput speeds both on/off peak hours on B25 LTE. I will be over by Atlantic Ave and Ocean Drive, I see the closest couple of towers are 3G/4G for some time. Anyone have any experience in this area they can share?

I will also be in Boca for a day or so, unfortunately the sites on Yamato and Client Moore show legacy so that stretch along Military Tr. doesn't look like its going offer a good data experience.

it's best to come with really low expectations that way it can only be better when you get here. ????????

it's best to come with really low expectations that way it can only be better when you get here.

When I was down there I had a pretty consistent and reliable data connection. It did bog down though in Miami. Hollywood was nice though

When I was down there I had a pretty consistent and reliable data connection. It did bog down though in Miami. Hollywood was nice though

Yeah, unfortunately Sprint works in mysterious ways with pockets of gold data connections (as with other tel companies). In Hialeah, I have 80-90% LTE but with Sprints weak penetration my home is a blanket of nothingness... Outside solid in Hialeah and in alot of parts of Miami.

Yeah, unfortunately Sprint works in mysterious ways with pockets of gold data connections (as with other tel companies). In Hialeah, I have 80-90% LTE but with Sprints weak penetration my home is a blanket of nothingness... Outside solid in Hialeah and in alot of parts of Miami.

Similar issues in Chicago.  Our city gets a good rep widely noted as an advanced LTE market for Sprint.  The data experience (on B25) has never been that great, In building coverage in the Loop has always been hit or miss at best, and I have yet to have a positive experience at crowded events and venues.  But even here all the suburbs people have 100x better experiences, that's why I assumed things would be better in SE Florida becuase the urban landscape of Broward and West Palm counties is closer to that of our suburbs here like DuPage and Lake Counties, where people have much better LTE experiences with Sprint. 

Wow, you guys weren't lying, service was very hit or miss.  Unfortunately for me I experienced a significant amount of miss with my stay in Delray Beach.  Even though there is a 3G/4G complete tower just about a 1/4 mile away from my location, I was unable to get any signal indoors at the Seagate Hotel where I stayed, nor at any adjacent locations along Atlantic Ave or A1A (bars, restaurants, shops).  My phone was literally No Service once I stepped indoors, with the occasional blip of weak 1XRTT or 3G Roam.  Essentially useless.  As soon as I stepped outside LTE went strong and connectivity was fine.  I was flabbergasted by this.

Wow, you guys weren't lying, service was very hit or miss. Unfortunately for me I experienced a significant amount of miss with my stay in Delray Beach. Even though there is a 3G/4G complete tower just about a 1/4 mile away from my location, I was unable to get any signal indoors at the Seagate Hotel where I stayed, nor at any adjacent locations along Atlantic Ave or A1A (bars, restaurants, shops). My phone was literally No Service once I stepped indoors, with the occasional blip of weak 1XRTT or 3G Roam. Essentially useless. As soon as I stepped outside LTE went strong and connectivity was fine. I was flabbergasted by this.

hehe welcome to Florida. Next stop for me will be T-Mobile, with a possible last stop at the evil blue telecom

hehe welcome to Florida. Next stop for me will be T-Mobile, with a possible last stop at the evil blue telecom

Bud, Tmobile isn't going to be much better. Their indoor signal penetration is about the same as sprints. Trust me. I have friends who have Tmobile and their service is comparable indoors to mine. Before you leave, I would just like to say there are some big things happening for 800 mhz in the upcoming months (especially in Florida.) It might be worth sticking around ,upgrading to a triband device, or 5c/5s. 

Bud, Tmobile isn't going to be much better. Their indoor signal penetration is about the same as sprints. Trust me. I have friends who have Tmobile and their service is comparable indoors to mine. Before you leave, I would just like to say there are some big things happening for 800 mhz in the upcoming months (especially in Florida.) It might be worth sticking around ,upgrading to a triband device, or 5c/5s.

my Nexus 5 has been waiting for spark activation for who knows how long now... No word in when this is happening. I know tmobile not be whole lot better but sprint has til September til show me otherwise. Just so tired of it, really. Hopefully these big changes are real, unlike the big change with my EVO and wimax and the big change with my EVO 4g lte and LTE...

[...]

. . . I know tmobile not be whole lot better . . .

[...]

Depending on where you go, T-Mobile may be worse.

For example, my wife works in an office building near Coral Way and 12th Ave. Her IT guy has tried to convert her to the Note 3 and T-Mobile. She stopped listening when she learned that he rarely gets a signal inside the building, while she gets reliable voice and LTE with Sprint. FWIW, she gave up on WiFi at work -- most of her coworkers, maybe in an effort to stay within their data plans, or they use T-Mobile, hog the WiFi, rendering it nearly useless.

Her phone is nothing magical -- just a Motorola Photon Q.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

T-Mobile is much better than Sprint in South Florida at this moment. I have both service and you wont be disappointed with T-Mobile's data speeds and LTE coverage. But try it out for yourself. Sprint will likely have the upper hand once it gets 800 voice and LTE deployed.  

• Like 1

T-Mobile is much better than Sprint in South Florida at this moment. I have both service and you wont be disappointed with T-Mobile's data speeds and LTE coverage. But try it out for yourself. Sprint will likely have the upper hand once it gets 800 voice and LTE deployed.

Yea my contract expires in late May, I will test it out til September (when my wife's lines expires) and then decide what I'll do from there. With past experiences with Sprints "gimmicks", I don't have have much faith in Spark alleviating my issues. 800 voice and data is nice but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Edit: I'm also hoping I can test spark on my n5 before I switch. The 4.4.3 rollout can't come soon enough

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

my Nexus 5 has been waiting for spark activation for who knows how long now... No word in when this is happening. I know tmobile not be whole lot better but sprint has til September til show me otherwise. Just so tired of it, really. Hopefully these big changes are real, unlike the big change with my EVO and wimax and the big change with my EVO 4g lte and LTE...

Yea my contract expires in late May, I will test it out til September (when my wife's lines expires) and then decide what I'll do from there. With past experiences with Sprints "gimmicks", I don't have have much faith in Spark alleviating my issues. 800 voice and data is nice but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Edit: I'm also hoping I can test spark on my n5 before I switch. The 4.4.3 rollout can't come soon enough

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

800 WILL be live by September. There are going to be a few bumps in the road over the next couple of months as B26 LTE and 1x800 Voice are rolled out. In fact, you may lose LTE for a few days as they are rolled out, but once everything is configured, it will blow your mind how much better it is. Not to mention when the Spark update (eventually) arrives for the N5, B41 LTE is widely available, and will be added to many more towers to improve coverage and add more capacity. 

Spark is making a nice difference in South Florida. For example, I just returned from Big Dawgs 2 in Davie, where just a few weeks ago, data connections were near useless. This time I got LTE on band 41 indoors, with an Ookla test showing a ping of 49 ms, 48.66 Mbps download and 2.84 Mbps upload. Glad I stuck it out.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...