Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

In my aunt's house in Hialeah (around W 60th St and W 18th Ave) Sprint service has been atrocious (no bars and around -103 dbm) for the past year, making the 3G unusable to pull up even the simplest of webpages and calls dropping etc........So it looks that Sprint service has improved SIGNIFICANTLY and it seems its going to stay. Now my question is, what could have made such a significant increase in signal strength? There haven't been any 3G/4G towers accepted near this place that would provide an increase to the signal.......

Do you know if new panels were installed at the tower that serves her location?

They may have the "tilt" adjusted differently as well.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk.

First thing comes to my mind with such a huge improvement is whether or not a new cell site was built but I checked on network.sprint.com to see if a new cell site was displayed on the map but didn't see anything. I do see that two of the closest towers have had work completed in the last six months. Data Speed Upgrades. It's possible NV work could have been completed on either of those sites and just not reported to Robert as yet. But that is a huge increase in coverage. Was the signal recorded 1x or EVDO? If it was just 1x maybe your site is broadcasting 800 MHz CDMA??

Yeah the only new tower on the Miami market showing on the coverage.sprint.com is by the airport. No new towers in Hialeah.

The signal I was talking about is the one from the "status" window so I guess 1x.

I hadn't thought of it being 800 MHz CDMA which probably is the only thing that justifies the sudden improvement in the signal. Next time I go there I will use the "LTE Discovery" app which supposedly has 800 detection to see if indeed I'm connecting to 800.

What signal app is that you're using to show lte & 1x? Thx

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

SignalCheck Pro.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Which ones? I'm close to 441 and Glades but barely get any signal.

There is 3. One is by shadowood. An another one is by the post office off boca rio an the other one is on glades behind a party city or office depot. That one is real close the one by the post office I did some mapping.

http://db.tt/5xienYOk

Here are some speed tests.

http://db.tt/cVQVlg2Y

http://db.tt/OosdFYKR

There is 3. One is by shadowood. An another one is by the post office off boca rio an the other one is on glades behind a party city or office depot. That one is real close the one by the post office I did some mapping.

http://db.tt/5xienYOk

Here are some speed tests.

http://db.tt/cVQVlg2Y

http://db.tt/OosdFYKR

Cool! Thanks!

I drove along 441 and did get great coverage and speed but as soon as I turn towards Lyons Road it dropped. I live very close to Shadowood but it doesn't reach here.

Cool! Thanks!

I drove along 441 and did get great coverage and speed but as soon as I turn towards Lyons Road it dropped. I live very close to Shadowood but it doesn't reach here.

I live jus down the street in a neighborhood called south wind lakes an I get 2 bars an about 5mbps dl. I work at sports authority an I get 27 mbps lol

Any info on 183 and 57 ave? At the intersection of 183 and 47 the 4g is nice. Pull about 18 to 20. Downtown Miami Has no towers around anything about this?

Having 4G there would be nice. My phone gets it at that intersection from time to time, but barely cuz it's pulling from that tower on 47th. I'll get it sometimes in that Target there also. I'm surprised you only pull down about 18 to 20 mbps when you're at 183rd and 47th; when i went there with my phone I consistently got around 28-30. But that was a few months ago.

Having 4G there would be nice. My phone gets it at that intersection from time to time, but barely cuz it's pulling from that tower on 47th. I'll get it sometimes in that Target there also. I'm surprised you only pull down about 18 to 20 mbps when you're at 183rd and 47th; when i went there with my phone I consistently got around 28-30. But that was a few months ago.

Well yes I was being modest when I said 18 to 20 you are right its alot more.

Im starting to wonder how far is the Spectrum of these Towers. Because the signal decrease less then half a mile. I'm still monitoring in my area.

Well yes I was being modest when I said 18 to 20 you are right its alot more.

Im starting to wonder how far is the Spectrum of these Towers. Because the signal decrease less then half a mile. I'm still monitoring in my area.

I remember Robert mentioning that the LTE signal is very dependent on signal strength. It'll be better and hopefully less of an issue when more adjacent towers come online.

I wonder how VZW and AT&T fare in this area. I'm guessing since it's a lower frequency and it can travel further distances it doesn't affect the speed as much?

Movement in Miami! 4g signal at Palmetto and 57th Ave! As soo. As I turned north I lost the signal about a quarter mile north of there (if that) but I've never gotten 4g there before. Must be relatively new since I couldn't get online at all yet, which seems to be the trend with the newer sites.

i'm noticing the same this I'm new to sprint. I see a light at the end of the tunnel with this new Vison. The first Month was hard coming from Verizon. In my area I'm now picking up the 4g but the speeds isn't that high can be due to still tuning for more is becoming live. My phone calls are alot better. Just with I can find something about Downtown Miami around the court houses and AAA. That area is really in need.

Jaggery remember i was talking about spectrum I read that the 1900MHZ doesnt go that far. Which is what sprint is building on. But when they come around to the 800MHZ the specturm of the signal and the speed will come farther. Which I guess they are building on to the nextel Spectrum which they have. Can't wait Cant wait to tell the Verizon People to Shut Up. lol

Jaggery remember i was talking about spectrum I read that the 1900MHZ doesnt go that far. Which is what sprint is building on. But when they come around to the 800MHZ the specturm of the signal and the speed will come farther. Which I guess they are building on to the nextel Spectrum which they have. Can't wait Cant wait to tell the Verizon People to Shut Up. lol

Yea that'll be nice once Sprint gets to that part of Network Vision. Baby steps!

Just came across 4G in another new area.... Miramar Parkway and Flamingo. First time I'm seeing 4g in that area. Glad to see some movement down here!

Got a 4g signal yesterday by us1 and 152nd St just by the fire station. Speeds were slow and it switched back to 3g after a bit so they were probably just testing a new tower close by. I threw up a dot on sensorly.