Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

Even though it's raining and I am loving it. (My A/C is weak when it's hot) I forgot that the rain will slow things down when it comes to NV upgrades :[ Though it does look like a lot of the 4G towers are getting their 3G upgrades. That only means 800mhz should popping up in clusters soon™

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for posting so late...but I got 4+ mbps down in the Grand Palms area of Pembroke Pines at my parents' house. It looks like every time I come into the Pines area, I get better LTE coverage. Not the fastest speeds I have experienced but it is nice to see the coverage expanding in south florida

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

post-21227-13750535041649_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Well Fort Lauderdale / Pompano Beach / Deerfield Beach, Fla. all launched today so we can officially call in any issues we see with towers here in Broward. I have a tower near my home that's marked 3G/4G complete but doesn't even look as if it has been upgraded and is definitely not broadcasting 4G LTE Signal.

I'm in Lauderdale and my data service is still horrible - particularly in the downtown area where I can no longer get 3G. There is a new LTE tower somewhere near Searstown, but the signal is gone by the time you get to Broward Blvd. Sprint won't run any tests for me because I'm using iOS 7 which they say is unsupported, but friends who are using other phones all seem to be experiencing similar problems.

Has anyone else noticed the gap of LTE service around West Boynton Beach?  I'm specifically thinking along Boynton Beach Boulevard from 441 to Congress.  I go slightly north of here and get LTE.  I go to Delray Beach and get LTE.  However, there seems to be a swath of West Boynton that is shown as being covered on Sprint's 4G LTE coverage map but it's not there in reality.  Has anyone heard anything from Sprint (or others) on when this area will get coverage?

• Like 1

Sprints LTE covergae map is just showing were you should get coverage when the whole market is complete. Right now sprints coverage map is not in reality. Since your a sponsor though, you should look at the sites complete map.

I hope this is right place to ask this : I'm thinking of coming over to sprint. I work in West Palm Beach and live in Palm Beach Gardens west of the turnpike, can anyone give insight on LTE coverage in these areas?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

Finally getting consistent LTE in the Victoria Park area, just east of downtown Fort Lauderdale. Sorry I can't map on Sensorly since I have an iPhone, but the signal is strong from the Gateway Theater on Sunrise, all the way along Victoria Park Road to Broward Blvd. Was able to stream Sirius uninterrupted on my drive to work from Victoria Park to 595/University where I lost the signal. That is a first for me!!

Sprints LTE covergae map is just showing were you should get coverage when the whole market is complete. Right now sprints coverage map is not in reality. Since your a sponsor though, you should look at the sites complete map.

I've been following along with the sponsor maps.  However, I just thought it was peculiar that West Boynton has been generally devoid of LTE.  That's in stark contrast to my experience in places like Delray and Lake Worth where coverage is already more widespread.  Of course I'm dead center in that area which makes it even more annoying!  :)

• 4 weeks later...

If I wasn't speeding south on US-1 going home to get laundry started so i can knock out early [i have to work 12 hours tonight starting at 8pm] I would've taken pictures of contractors unloading with a crane off a truck a sprint cabinet.. 

They are working on the US-1 / 144 ST building tower. So I expect the tower to light up in 1-2 weeks. Hopefully by the time the galaxy note is in my possession. 

I looked over at the building today. They have the cabinets still wrapped up on the roof. Though I am sure they'd install it sometime this week unless they are just dropping off the supplies at each tower ahead of work that would be awesome =] I still want some CDMA 800 love :[  i'd be happy with some basic data/text/voice penetration at key biscayne.

Finally seeing tons of LTE on South Beach along Washington Avenue, as well as along A1A in Fort Lauderdale. My neighborhood in Victoria Park now has pretty good coverage on the east side, the west along US1 is still a bit spotty and Broward Blvd to 95 is obviously still being worked on because most of the time I just show 1x. The Sensorly maps still aren't showing most of these updates yet (I've been getting solid LTE there for about 3 weeks) and most of my friends on Sprint are also using iPhones so sorry we can't report this progress. I'm really glad that I stuck it out with Sprint, this last year has been pretty frustrating, but I think in the long run it will be worth it.

• Like 2

I managed to snag a good condition Boost Force for only $40 and with their $3/day plan I figure I can map LTE in my immediate area once a week on my bike rides or runs.  I covered quite a few miles this morning so hopefully it will show up fairly soon.  

I've dropped more calls in the past few weeks than I have in years having Sprint. That in addition to my phone not working in some places for calls and texts (never mind data). I know they're working on it but I hope it's not like this for much longer. On the plus side I am seeing more 4g. I can't wait to get my upgrade so I can use a triband device. Since 2600 already live down here.

Edited by Jaggrey

i'll say this, its up in most of coral springs however just recently 2 weeks ish  there have been a lot of issues with both the 3g/LTE signal and roaming.  I know its not an isolated incident.  It seems that I can stand in the same spot and in the matter of 2 minutes switch from lte to 3g to 1x  and from 5 bars to no bars.  Its constantly disrupting my calls. Sprint is sending out an airwave so my calls should be good to go. I just hope they get this signal issue resolved soon. I know they just put up a new tower and replaced some equipment on another. When it does work i'm getting some crazy fast connections,

i'll say this, its up in most of coral springs however just recently 2 weeks ish  there have been a lot of issues with both the 3g/LTE signal and roaming.  I know its not an isolated incident.  It seems that I can stand in the same spot and in the matter of 2 minutes switch from lte to 3g to 1x  and from 5 bars to no bars.  Its constantly disrupting my calls. Sprint is sending out an airwave so my calls should be good to go. I just hope they get this signal issue resolved soon. I know they just put up a new tower and replaced some equipment on another. When it does work i'm getting some crazy fast connections,

Are they covering the taxes and whatever on that airave? When they were going to send it out to me long ago with wimax. They claimed that i would have to cover some sort of tax on it. I declined their airave. 

I have an Airave that works well but it's still annoying. Mine will never sync up with my local tower so when I leave my house I drop every call (Airave is meant to connect to nearest tower to hand-off the call although it cannot take a hand-off from a tower EG: Coming home and having the tower transfer to in-home Airave). It works well and they have worked out the text message issues which plagued it for what seemed like years. You don't want to use data through it even though it will do 3G (although limited to approx 2-2.5MB/sec down and 0.5MB/sec up but high pings either way) but you'll want to have WiFi on in your home (don't skirt a router thinking your Airave will do the trick as you're wasting your internet speed and connection!

Any news on Sprint in South Florida lately? Percentage complete? ETA to 100% completion?

I talked to tech the other day and the tower below is scheduled for the Network Vision update in the next week. I'll post more when I get a signal.

MI54XC061

26.179725759909218, -80.221108118318,
5288-5324 Northwest 44th Street, Tamarac, FL 33319, USA

mm2kay I have an Airave and here is a list of my taxes (Sprint gives me the device for free due to crappy service):

Sprint Surcharges Total = $4.95

Federal-Univ Serv Assess Non-LD = $1.15    

Administrative Charge = $3.00       

Regulatory Charge = $0.80

Government Fees & Taxes Total = $6.63

Florida State-Comm Service Tax = $3.88       

Broward County-911 Tax = $0.50       

CENSORED City-Comm Service Tax = $2.25

Regards,

5th :)

• 2 weeks later...

If I wasn't speeding south on US-1 going home to get laundry started so i can knock out early [i have to work 12 hours tonight starting at 8pm] I would've taken pictures of contractors unloading with a crane off a truck a sprint cabinet.. 

They are working on the US-1 / 144 ST building tower. So I expect the tower to light up in 1-2 weeks. Hopefully by the time the galaxy note is in my possession. 

3 weeks from parts to acceptance that is pretty quick i think.