Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

I have a nexus 5 but last I heard the phone would get a update pushed by sprint to activate spark and two, I haven't seen/heard spark being active anywhere yet... Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 4

I see that's weird thought I saw that they did on XDA but well I know some folks that bypass the waiting and just did it themselves enabled both bands easy if you can get your msl number.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I see that's weird thought I saw that they did on XDA but well I know some folks that bypass the waiting and just did it themselves enabled both bands easy if you can get your msl number.

will definitely look into that. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 4

Coverage maps on sprint.com says I'm covered in spark, still have not been able to connect though. On a side note, I've been experiencing data problems in certain parts of Broward County every since I bought the One Max. Seems like there's some sort of software upgrade needed. It happens when my phone hands off from 3G or 4G or vice versa, I lose signal completely for 30 seconds or so until it can reconnect again. Called sprint and opened a trouble ticket, if I put my phone in CDMA mode only it works absolutely fine. See below..

Screenshot_2014-01-25-01-41-41.png

will definitely look into that. Thanks

I enabled band 41 (required for spark) but as I went home from work in Miami Shores all the way to Hialeah Gardens, I could not get spark. Even though Sprint says I'm covered in "Turbo Spark Speed". Either the Nexus 5 still needs that update or the towers aren't flipped yet or Idk...

Edited by icethegreat69

I have a nexus 5 but last I heard the phone would get a update pushed by sprint to activate spark and two, I haven't seen/heard spark being active anywhere yet...

The update contains more than just enabled bands, as any LG G2 owner with an updated device can tell you. The word around the web is we will be receiving this update within the next couple of weeks or even sooner.
  • Like 1

There has been some wacky stuff in coral springs lately. I was getting great speeds from LTE  up until approximately 3 weeks ago. Now i squeak by with 700k down but 2 to 3 mb up.  Checked with my inlaws 2 blocks away and they have the same issue. Except my wife using an older moto handset is getting great speeds.  go figure...   :dead:

I don't get it, what did I say? O.O?

-Luis

Mondays In Flames, on 23 Aug 2012 - 12:35 PM, said:snapback.png

That's true. When I'm driving down the Turnpike I am able to watch YouTube videos with no problem lol.    

-Luis

HAHAHAAHHAH....    nice...

Rule #1 don't believe Sprints coverage maps. The person in charge of mapping should be fired and sent to the eye doctor immediately. The spark coverage map is even worse than the LTE coverage map. It will say your covered in Spark when the nearest wimax tower is 30 miles away. I would love to see how they come up with the data they claim it can reach.

Coverage maps on sprint.com says I'm covered in spark, still have not been able to connect though. On a side note, I've been experiencing data problems in certain parts of Broward County every since I bought the One Max. Seems like there's some sort of software upgrade needed. It happens when my phone hands off from 3G or 4G or vice versa, I lose signal completely for 30 seconds or so until it can reconnect again. Called sprint and opened a trouble ticket, if I put my phone in CDMA mode only it works absolutely fine. See below..

• Like 1

Well guys I made the switch to the LG G Flex phone from the Note 2 and spark is active in Miami. While I was waiting for me phone I did some speed test at the sprint store using their demo and It was getting 37~41mpbs which is good enough now inside my apartment I'm getting 16~19mbps which is good enough for me compare to my note 2 on a single band getting about 2mbps but I'm very happy that sprint is actually improving their network.

• Like 2

Well guys I made the switch to the LG G Flex phone from the Note 2 and spark is active in Miami. While I was waiting for me phone I did some speed test at the sprint store using their demo and It was getting 37~41mpbs which is good enough now inside my apartment I'm getting 16~19mbps which is good enough for me compare to my note 2 on a single band getting about 2mbps but I'm very happy that sprint is actually improving their network.

Wow that is awesome. Where in Miami did you do those speedtests?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

I randomly get those speed tests in different areas of Miami. I just can't wait for the nexus 5 to get the spark update and LTE 800 to be activated on key Biscayne where I work. Building penetration is horrible here. Tho Verizon and att both have an internal cell network in the building to help their customers. :(

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Wow that is awesome. Where in Miami did you do those speedtests?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

Well the 40mbps was at a sprint store on biscayne and 22st near the publix. Today i had disable band 26 and 25 and left band 41 as my priority and i was getting 40mbps at work which is only about 10 minutes from my house which is lovely lol i live around 7th ave and like 28th st not sure how close is a tower around there.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Curious about the Boca Raton area.  I will be traveling there soon.  I see from NV sites complete its a mix of LTE active towers, but also quite a few legacy sites still; Yamato Road, Clint Moore, near FAU, Hillsboro Blvd in Deerfield, etc.  So is the South Florida area saturated with LTE?  How are your speeds on B25 (Im not Tri band). Are you guys still seeing daily and weekly LTE activations on the legacy towers or has the slowed?

Curious about the Boca Raton area. I will be traveling there soon. I see from NV sites complete its a mix of LTE active towers, but also quite a few legacy sites still; Yamato Road, Clint Moore, near FAU, Hillsboro Blvd in Deerfield, etc. So is the South Florida area saturated with LTE? How are your speeds on B25 (Im not Tri band). Are you guys still seeing daily and weekly LTE activations on the legacy towers or has the slowed?

Not sure about deep down south but im at work right now and just took this speedtest and did confirm that im connected to band 41.post-6959-139230811616_thumb.jpg

I thought I saw Ft Lauderdale was a Spark Market.   No 800 coverage and GPS on my phone couldn't even place me on my street.  However, It's nice to see my friend on US Cellular suffering with me.  I would figure that they would have more LTE before they start throwing Spark on.  I'm not sure 800 will be able to fix all the problem areas. 

Curious about the Boca Raton area. I will be traveling there soon. I see from NV sites complete its a mix of LTE active towers, but also quite a few legacy sites still; Yamato Road, Clint Moore, near FAU, Hillsboro Blvd in Deerfield, etc. So is the South Florida area saturated with LTE? How are your speeds on B25 (Im not Tri band). Are you guys still seeing daily and weekly LTE activations on the legacy towers or has the slowed?

I can tell you that Band 25 activations have slowed way down in this market. Only a handful since the first of the year. All the easy to upgrade sites are done. The difficult ones will happen one at time over a long period of time.

If you have a Triband device, that's your best bet for cohesive LTE coverage. They already have a lot and a lot more scheduled this half of the year.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I can tell you that Band 25 activations have slowed way down in this market. Only a handful since the first of the year. All the easy to upgrade sites are done. The difficult ones will happen one at time over a long period of time.

If you have a Triband device, that's your best bet for cohesive LTE coverage. They already have a lot and a lot more scheduled this half of the year.

Robert how bout band 26? Is that the 800mhz and is some sites active in this market?

Robert how bout band 26? Is that the 800mhz and is some sites active in this market?

No. Miami/Metro Dade has not cleared out of the way of Sprint's 800 spectrum yet. The FCC has given them an extension. Probably will not be able to begin until Summer.

• Like 2