Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

Got a 4g signal yesterday by us1 and 152nd St just by the fire station. Speeds were slow and it switched back to 3g after a bit so they were probably just testing a new tower close by. I threw up a dot on sensorly.

Got a 4g signal yesterday by us1 and 152nd St just by the fire station. Speeds were slow and it switched back to 3g after a bit so they were probably just testing a new tower close by. I threw up a dot on sensorly.

Yesterday I went to the Chicken Kitchen right there on 152nd St but I didnt feel like going in the car and thought I would enjoy some walking. So I walked from 124th St all the way to 152nd St via US1 and all the while I held a 4G signal mapping it on Sensorly and basically connecting all that section of US1 which was unmapped before.

As you said, all the way there the signal stayed between -105 and -110 and was basically useless. Websites wouldnt load etc. I switched to CDMA mode only for a sec and did a speedtest on 3G and got 1.8/1 which is very fast for 3G. It was just the 4G that was useless.

Yesterday I went to the Chicken Kitchen right there on 152nd St but I didnt feel like going in the car and thought I would enjoy some walking. So I walked from 124th St all the way to 152nd St via US1 and all the while I held a 4G signal mapping it on Sensorly and basically connecting all that section of US1 which was unmapped before.

As you said, all the way there the signal stayed between -105 and -110 and was basically useless. Websites wouldnt load etc. I switched to CDMA mode only for a sec and did a speedtest on 3G and got 1.8/1 which is very fast for 3G. It was just the 4G that was useless.

Same thing is going on North Dade and Miramar area. 4g is being broadcasting from the towers. But the speed is so low.

183 and 47 ave that tower puts out 25+ Mbps

183 and 57 ave tower.1.5 to 3.0 if you lucky.

Miramar Red Rd and miramar parkway. 0.2kbps

Note Signal to all these tower are good. Within -80 or so but the bandwidth is slow. Such a Tease.

Same thing is going on North Dade and Miramar area. 4g is being broadcasting from the towers. But the speed is so low.

183 and 47 ave that tower puts out 25+ Mbps

183 and 57 ave tower.1.5 to 3.0 if you lucky.

Miramar Red Rd and miramar parkway. 0.2kbps

Note Signal to all these tower are good. Within -80 or so but the bandwidth is slow. Such a Tease.

When did the 183rd and 57th Ave tower start broadcasting 4g?

When did the 183rd and 57th Ave tower start broadcasting 4g?

For about 2 weeks. In my house I can my phone says 4g. I used a app call Netmonitor. It shows me a map of the tower i'm connected to . But that tower is slow. Sprint need to do something.

I've never gotten 4G in that area. The times that I have I believe it was pulling from the 47th Ave. tower; as soon as I would move a little further west it would drop. Even at my church (IBB... big blue building across from Burger King) or at the Walmart there it's all 3G.

I've never gotten 4G in that area. The times that I have I believe it was pulling from the 47th Ave. tower; as soon as I would move a little further west it would drop. Even at my church (IBB... big blue building across from Burger King) or at the Walmart there it's all 3G.

^this

The tower at 183 and 57 is not accepted yet. If you get a signal there it will be from the tower at 183 and 47 and the signal will be weak and hence extremely slow speeds etc.

• Like 1

I see this is mapped on Sensorly already (unless that was me) but just south of Opa Locka airport there's 4G now. There wasn't last time I was there about a month ago. Glad to see continued progress!

I was just looking at Sensorly on a desktop and comparing the Sprint 4G mapped areas to Verizon and AT&T. I was really surprised to see how many areas have not been mapped by either of the other two carriers and Verizon, who started rolling out ages ago, still don't have any coverage on the turnpike 821 east of 75 up to University! If you zoom out so that the map shows the area from 595 down to 195/112 and toggle between AT&T, Verizon and Sprint, it is amazing how much more coverage Sprint seems to have in areas away from the highways. Can this possibly be correct?

I starting to believe its not correct. Cause My phone can say 4g and send a report to Sensorly that is has 4g in the area. But the speed of 4g is so slow. 4g logo on my phone doesn't mean I have for get. These towers are broadcasting LTE but not download or up loading. The Latency is crap.

• Like 1

I starting to believe its not correct. Cause My phone can say 4g and send a report to Sensorly that is has 4g in the area. But the speed of 4g is so slow. 4g logo on my phone doesn't mean I have for get. These towers are broadcasting LTE but not download or up loading. The Latency is crap.

What you have to realize is that if your phone latches onto a LTE signal that is poor the connection will be flaky or even nonexistent. The latest updates to my S3 now allows my phone to hold onto an LTE signal at -120dBm signal which for me, basically has no internet connectivity. Once coverage become more consistent these issues will go away. I honestly wished they had kept 4G threshold down to at least -105 dBm until our market is fully launched. That way your phone would jump back onto 3G. But this can all be avoided by just putting our phones to EVDO 3G Only mode.

What you have to realize is that if your phone latches onto a LTE signal that is poor the connection will be flaky or even nonexistent. The latest updates to my S3 now allows my phone to hold onto an LTE signal at -120dBm signal which for me, basically has no internet connectivity. Once coverage become more consistent these issues will go away. I honestly wished they had kept 4G threshold down to at least -105 dBm until our market is fully launched. That way your phone would jump back onto 3G. But this can all be avoided by just putting our phones to EVDO 3G Only mode.

I started putting my phone on just CDMA 3g to avoid the no data connection. I just wonder is Sprint going to come back and make those 4G connection active. Seem like a waste of money to send a tech out to put the connection up and send another one to complete the actions. But so far the 3G is working pretty good now.

I don't think they put Miami in this project. Can wait for Miami to be a part of something

Yea I know, which is weird that they would announce a soft launch in wpb when I think Miami is a lot more ahead... (I assume)

Sent from my Deck'd EVO 4G LTE

Regardless it seems everywhere I go now I'm finding LTE on my iPhone 5. In Kendall is constant now. My office area 37 ave NW 50th st is all constant LTE. My drive home on 836/826 turnpike to Kendall is all constant LTE. The market has gotten better. Can't complain. When the new iPhone drops...hence 5S...I have a decision to make. Don't know if I'm gonna stay put with sprint. Depending on how the market is then we will see.

Sent from iPhone5 via Tapatalk

Only West Palm Beach market shows coverage as it was soft launched earlier this month. You won't see any 4g LTE Sprint map for Broward or Miami Dade.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2