Network Vision/LTE - Philadelphia Metro Market (including Lehigh Valley/Reading)

HappyHappy

seems this was just testing stage. So glad to see LTE popping up around the area cheers to everyone one working their hearts out through all sorts of weather to bring us our LTE.

Also, given the speeds posted, backhaul is clearly in place and ready to go.

I just picked up a weak 4G signal in Willow Grove close to Huntingdon Valley Country Club. I didn't even realize it at first, but once I did, I drove around the neighborhood for a good 15 minutes trying to find it again. Luckily I had Sensorly running so it mapped it.

This spot is the highest point in the area so it's probably picking up the signal from the tower one of the earlier posts mentioned in the Huntingdon Valley area. This is great news!

Saw it first kick on today in center city around 2 and had it continuously high up in a building on 19th and market. At street level there was nothing. On the way to the northeast I saw it again around the sprint store on Roosevelt Blvd and Whitaker but lost it soon after. Seems like they are testing the towers.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

post-12193-13631493934907_thumb.jpg

Saw it first kick on today in center city around 2 and had it continuously high up in a building on 19th and market. At street level there was nothing. On the way to the northeast I saw it again around the sprint store on Roosevelt Blvd and Whitaker but lost it soon after. Seems like they are testing the towers.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Did you map it with sensorly? :)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Did you map it with sensorly? :)

I couldn't map with Sensorly. As a matter of fact it couldn't perform a speed test saying no connection available. This was near 56th Market St.

5y2arehy.jpg

This is great news. Hopefully we'll see it popping up here in Allentown soon!

3G in Allentown is absolutely blazing right now! Last week this exact location was completely bogged down. I would have full bars, but the backhaul seemed nonexistent. Network vision must be complete or nearing completion, I hope :-). Unfortunately I do not have an LTE device to test with.

5C1F4ECE-3147-49E7-A4AA-C3FD3245E718-1495-000000C0E6192806.jpg

Edited by burnout8488

3G in Allentown is absolutely blazing right now! Last week this exact location was completely bogged down. I would have full bars, but the backhaul seemed nonexistent. Network vision must be complete or nearing completion, I hope :-). Unfortunately I do not have an LTE device to test with.

5C1F4ECE-3147-49E7-A4AA-C3FD3245E718-1495-000000C0E6192806.jpg

Haha, 300k for Allentown is quite impressive.

I traveled right through the Bensalem interchange of the PA Turnpike, which is very close to where someone picked up a 4G signal in the lot of Neshaminy Mall. I cycled through airplane mode serveral times with no success. On my drive home, I usually loop around the Street Rd / US 1 interchange and get on US 1 at Rockhill Drive which will take me right past the mall. I will see what comes up.

I traveled right through the Bensalem interchange of the PA Turnpike, which is very close to where someone picked up a 4G signal in the lot of Neshaminy Mall. I cycled through airplane mode serveral times with no success. On my drive home, I usually loop around the Street Rd / US 1 interchange and get on US 1 at Rockhill Drive which will take me right past the mall. I will see what comes up.

That's like right by my house. I'm checking my wife's device for 4G now (mine isn't active as I have a working WiMAX device). If LTE is live, it might be time to activate.

I'm also frequently in Newtown (18940), so once LTE is on over there, then I'll probably make the switch. Right now I get WiMAX home and there.

EDIT: Not getting LTE in my house here in 19053, near Horizon Blvd. I'll have to go on an excursion for it later.

Edited by Captain_Throwback

I got the list of Philly accepted LTE sites this morning. I will try to post later this morning in the Sponsor section and update the maps.

In reading the Allentown 3G comments, my mind went to Billy Joel, "And we're living here in Allentown, for the Sprint 3G that we never found. Down in Philly-town they're surfing online, buying LTE phones, watching Sensorly lines..."

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I got the list of Philly accepted LTE sites this morning. I will try to post later this morning in the Sponsor section and update the maps.

In reading the Allentown 3G comments, my mind went to Billy Joel, "And we're living here in Allentown, for the Sprint 3G that we never found. Down in Philly-town they're surfing online, buying LTE phones, watching Sensorly lines..."

LOL, from that I take it that all of the LTE accepted sites were in/near Philly and not the LV.

LOL, from that I take it that all of the LTE accepted sites were in/near Philly and not the LV.

At a glance, I didn't see any LV city names. All looked like Philly and suburbs from my recollection. I'm currently away from my computer. There were many more than I was expecting.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

At a glance, I didn't see any LV city names. All looked like Philly and suburbs from my recollection. I'm currently away from my computer. There were many more than I was expecting.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Man I'm dying for 1700 JFK Blvd to be accepted...that's the one that covers me at work and home*!

*Yes, you never know what tower you're connecting to...but this one would at least be in the mix very frequently!

Robert, with the markets that have launched already, what is the timeline like between the first sites going live with the rest? Is it normally done in clusters, or is it more a tower here, a tower there? Thanks!

Robert, with the markets that have launched already, what is the timeline like between the first sites going live with the rest? Is it normally done in clusters, or is it more a tower here, a tower there? Thanks!

It's a tower here and a tower there. Based on production rates in Philly, the earliest conceivable launch date would be in May. But I'd guess more like June. More sites will likely go live every week though until then.