Network Vision/LTE - Philadelphia Metro Market (including Lehigh Valley/Reading)

HappyHappy

For sure. I toggled that on and off, as well as cellular data entirely on and off. I also power cycled the phone, and did airplane mode a few times. In short, I did everything I could think of.

Today, I also reset network settings and did the ##UPDATE# thing, and while I'm not in manhattan, I am next to a tower in the Phila area that supposedly has LTE enabled already, though it does not show up in Sensorly. However, that could just be that it's not been tracked.

For sure. I toggled that on and off, as well as cellular data entirely on and off. I also power cycled the phone, and did airplane mode a few times. In short, I did everything I could think of.

Today, I also reset network settings and did the ##UPDATE# thing, and while I'm not in manhattan, I am next to a tower in the Phila area that supposedly has LTE enabled already, though it does not show up in Sensorly. However, that could just be that it's not been tracked.

Hmmm...that was my only thought...I know a lot of people with Sprint iPhones (and other LTE phones, I'm sure) turned off LTE to save on battery until the network was ready.

Steve

So, I was in manhattan on Wednesday, in an area that clearly showed up as LTE on Sensorly, and no matter what I did, I could not get my iPhone to switch to LTE! I tried at various times during the day, all over midtown, but nothing.

I powered the phone on and off, toggled airplane mode, toggled cellular data, toggled LTE...

Am I missing something? Now I'm wondering if the tower outside my office (which shows up on the s4gru maps as having had LTE enabled) is actually enabled and it's me. Should I be trying something else?

Any suggestions from the gallery? Thanks!

It's possible that the site was offline. It's kind of common in unlaunched markets to take a site offline to work on it.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

It's possible that the site was offline. It's kind of common in unlaunched markets to take a site offline to work on it.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

All of manhattan? I don't have a good sense of how much area is covered by one tower, though.

All of manhattan? I don't have a good sense of how much area is covered by one tower, though.

It's also common for a whole cluster or a whole market to take LTE offline when in prelaunch phase.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I think I was finally able to connect to one of the recently accepted 3G towers in center city! Yesterday I was eating at a restaurant on 15th between Walnut & Locust and noticed that my iMessages (which are sent as data) were sending MUCH more quickly than usual. So I fired up Speed Test and got 2.3Mb down/1.05 up! I was praying I'd see a 4G indicator show up, but hey I'll take these improved 3G speeds in the meantime :)

• Like 2

I think I was finally able to connect to one of the recently accepted 3G towers in center city! Yesterday I was eating at a restaurant on 15th between Walnut & Locust and noticed that my iMessages (which are sent as data) were sending MUCH more quickly than usual. So I fired up Speed Test and got 2.3Mb down/1.05 up! I was praying I'd see a 4G indicator show up, but hey I'll take these improved 3G speeds in the meantime :)

Yeah network vision 3G speeds are really good right up there with Verizon, but I am ready for LTE.

I GOTT LTE UP IN THIS!!!!!! Im dieing! RT 1 near neshaminy high school that was poppin LTE IS AMAZING WHEN YOU GET IT!!!!!! And apparently some other towers got it too cus im getting a pretty wide range of LTE coverage!!!!! Im dieing!!!!!

• Like 3

In regards to Sensorly reports, correct me if I'm wrong, but some of the reports could have been taken during a testing phase, and not discoverable. They do not "purge" reports do they?

I'm glad there are so many reports, unfortunately no LTE here still, 19120. Also I'm not seeing anything on sensorly, do more people have to report for them to mark an area as active?

Sensorly is slowly rendering. It can sometimes take several hours for it to show up. I am beginning to see blips showing up, but it's not on all the zoom levels yet. Zoom in and out over the metro and it should show up.

• Like 1

My experience with Sensorly is that the website map does not update in real time. Nobody mapped my work or home locations using Sprint prior to me, and after mapping drives I saw Sprint's 2G and 3G coverage for those locations by the following day on the website.

Sensorly is slowly rendering. It can sometimes take several hours for it to show up. I am beginning to see blips showing up, but it's not on all the zoom levels yet. Zoom in and out over the metro and it should show up.

Wow, good call, I just watched somebody map it on the train near my house, I zoomed in and out and watched blip crawl along the rail.