Network Vision/LTE - Philadelphia Metro Market (including Lehigh Valley/Reading)

HappyHappy

That post is very subjective. It will not be months until there is any LTE service in the market. In fact, there is already one live. And more will start coming live soon. AlcaLu is just about ton the threshold where they will start bringing LTE online at converted sites.

It will be many months before launch, though.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

" 2/14/2013

We are going to be upgrading 626 towers in the Philly market and we just started. So I thank you for your post and great point.

Victor

Sprint Social Care."

THEY JUST STARTED IN PHILADELPHIA..........

See: http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/541550

This is not accurate. The market started in the Fall. You can see real progress and maps in our Sponsor section. Do not post any more official Sprint messages on our board, they are not accurate. They are trying to under promise and over deliver. We deal with Network Vision facts, not marketing communique.

I noticed another crew outside of my job again today on the tower, immediately after noticing them, my internet was down, then the cell service went out and I was roaming. Both my cellular and data would pop on and off, but definitely wasn't working as they should have.My question, could this indicate 4g will be at this site in the next couple of days, or am I just overexcited and it means nothing at all?

I noticed another crew outside of my job again today on the tower, immediately after noticing them, my internet was down, then the cell service went out and I was roaming. Both my cellular and data would pop on and off, but definitely wasn't working as they should have.My question, could this indicate 4g will be at this site in the next couple of days, or am I just overexcited and it means nothing at all?

I was just on the phone with one of the manager for NV, she told me crews are here in Philly this week to backhaul some networks. It should just mean that they are doing some network maintenance and you should not be too over excited thinking that 4G LTE would arrive fast.

Another thing she said was that, 4G LTE is unpredicatable and a small error in network can delay the process. So she said no one knows for sure when it will be here in Philly. Although we were told by the forum that it should be here soon.

Edited by HappyHappy

I was just on the phone with one of the manager for NV, she told me crews are here in Philly this week to backhaul some networks. It should just mean that they are doing some network maintenance and you should not be too over excited thinking that 4G LTE would arrive fast.

Another thing she said was that, 4G LTE is unpredicatable and no one knows for sure when it will be here in Philly. Although we were told by the forum that it should be here soon.

There are dozens of sites already upgraded to Network Vision standards and dozens more In Progress. You can check them out in Sponsor maps. Every week, more and more are worked on and show up on maps. One site is already live. And in a few weeks, more LTE sites will come online with more being added every week thereafter.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I spoke with one of my friend's NV manager at Sprint this morning, Just wanted to let everyone know that alot of places in Philadelphia has been upgraded to 4G LTE standards as of Feb. 8th of 2013. They are not turned on for some reason. Apparently there are tons of 3G outrages in Philly. I cannot connect to 3G at all for 3 days now.

I guess 4G LTE is finally kicking in now.

• Like 1

Over in our Sponsor section, we have maps that show sites that have been completed in the Philly Metro market, as well as all markets nationwide. You guys don't need to depend on comments from members who say they've talked to someone. Become a sponsor and go check them out yourselves! :tu:

• Like 1

I, for one, thank our Sprint overlords for teaching us the value of patience :P

Hahahah..... That was a long wait for me. I joined Sprint because of the LTE and unlimited data...... But it was a long wait.

Was told to have LTE by October, then December, now it is almost there. ..

But hopefully LTE gets here soon, we can all enjoy it....

Over in our Sponsor section, we have maps that show sites that have been completed in the Philly Metro market, as well as all markets nationwide. You guys don't need to depend on comments from members who say they've talked to someone. Become a sponsor and go check them out yourselves! :tu:

With all respect, I believe it is really not necessary, because word spreads, why pay for free info. Just my thought, information should be free because this site is about Sprint NV.

• Like 1

With all respect, I believe it is really not necessary, because word spreads, why pay for free info. Just my thought, information should be free because this site is about Sprint NV.

It's nice to say things should be free. But nothing is free, someone has to pay for it, because things actually cost money. This website costs about $1200 - $1500 per month to keep operating. Our members chose to have those costs be paid by donations, rather then advertising. That is the revenue model of this site.

You are welcome to only use the public content of this site, and that's fine. Sponsorship is not for everyone. And it helps us to keep the riff-raff out our Sponsor forums.

We offer a NV Running List thread which shows market percentages complete for the public: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/ However, maps are located in our Sponsor sections.

It's nice to say things should be free. But nothing is free, someone has to pay for it, because things actually cost money. This website costs about $1200 - $1500 per month to keep operating. Our members chose to have those costs be paid by donations, rather then advertising. That is the revenue model of this site.

You are welcome to only use the public content of this site, and that's fine. Sponsorship is not for everyone. And it helps us to keep the riff-raff out our Sponsor forums.

We offer a NV Running List thread which shows market percentages complete for the public: http://s4gru.com/ind...t-running-list/ However, maps are located in our Sponsor sections.

Very true. Hosting alone can cost a pretty penny not to mention the man hours of having a Sys Admin actively monitor and maintain your site.

Plus there is benefit to being an active sponsor. The maps alone are a great resource.

Robert, I too have seen weird 3G outages in Philly Metro area. One of those outages at home (16th & Fitzwater in CC) last week was followed by dramatic improvement in 3G performance from at best .5Mbp/s download speed to a steady 1.5 to 2.0Mbp/s. I can actually stream netflix on my phone now without WiFi.

• Like 1

We offer a NV Running List thread which shows market percentages complete for the public: http://s4gru.com/ind...t-running-list/ However, maps are located in our Sponsor sections.

I forgot to factor in those costs. My bad. Hahaha...

Very true. Hosting alone can cost a pretty penny not to mention the man hours of having a Sys Admin actively monitor and maintain your site.

Plus there is benefit to being an active sponsor. The maps alone are a great resource.

Robert, I too have seen weird 3G outages in Philly Metro area. One of those outages at home (16th & Fitzwater in CC) last week was followed by dramatic improvement in 3G performance from at best .5Mbp/s download speed to a steady 1.5 to 2.0Mbp/s. I can actually stream netflix on my phone now without WiFi.

The speed is usually better when you get closer to center city.

Same here, in NEP. The other day, a few posts up actually, the tower at my work was down, when it came back online the first speed test was crazy. Now it's subsided a bit during the day and the speeds aren't great, but when I get i at 4 am I get close to 1-2 mbps up and as high as 3 down. I imagine I must be the only one using that tower at that time, so I'm sure that's the reason.

Same here, in NEP. The other day, a few posts up actually, the tower at my work was down, when it came back online the first speed test was crazy. Now it's subsided a bit during the day and the speeds aren't great, but when I get i at 4 am I get close to 1-2 mbps up and as high as 3 down. I imagine I must be the only one using that tower at that time, so I'm sure that's the reason.

I just picked up my 3G again, and the speed ranges from 0.5 MB to 1.3 MB down. I am in an area where I usually get 0.01 MB to 0.1MB.

Big improvement.

I just picked up my 3G again, and the speed ranges from 0.5 MB to 1.3 MB down. I am in an area where I usually get 0.01 MB to 0.1MB.

Big improvement.

Glad to hear it! Keep an eye on it and let me know if your speeds drop within the next few days, like mine.

I'm right there with you...I was up to a BLAZING .29 Mbps right after 3G became available...now we're back below .1 Mbps. At least the ping times aren't >500ms anymore!

Eh4ajTH.jpg

It just sucks..... I was waiting patiently for half a year to see some improvements in 3G but, I guess 3G is just what it is.

I just want the aXX-kicking LTE....

• Like 1

I'm right there with you...I was up to a BLAZING .29 Mbps right after 3G became available...now we're back below .1 Mbps. At least the ping times aren't >500ms anymore!

Eh4ajTH.jpg

Hhaha... Just funny that you said BLAZING FAST AT 0.29MB ahhahaa...... If i get that on a regular basis I guess it is BLAZING fast.

• Like 1