Network Vision/LTE - South Carolina Market (Columbia/Greenville/Spartanburg)

wyndd123

The accepted LTE site in Columbia (I-26/I-77) is ready hardware wise, but it hasn't been "switched" on for LTE at the Columbia MSC. Waiting for both this site, and the Darlington one to be "switched' on.

Doesn't look like that Darlington site was on the acceptance reports from Tuesday, as it still has an in progress white pin. I'm wondering if it will take a few days to get to Robert in the reports he receives? On another note, does anyone know how to figure out which sites were the latest accepted on the new maps? There used to be a search bar on the top right of the old maps, but I haven't seen one on the new maps. I love how fast the new maps are though!

Doesn't look like that Darlington site was on the acceptance reports from Tuesday, as it still has an in progress white pin. I'm wondering if it will take a few days to get to Robert in the reports he receives? On another note, does anyone know how to figure out which sites were the latest accepted on the new maps? There used to be a search bar on the top right of the old maps, but I haven't seen one on the new maps. I love how fast the new maps are though!

Yeah, I saw. However, rest assured the site is 3G/4G complete. Fiber is installed and all.

• Like 1

Where are these rumors originating? Locally or online somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Heard someone talking about it in a store and was thinking hes bsing with his friend. Don't know 100% but you never know...

Heard someone talking about it in a store and was thinking hes bsing with his friend. Don't know 100% but you never know...

Here, here! I'm with ya! Hope it was 100% accurate. Doubt it til we see it but it definitely coming! I say December so that if SC gets it before then, then it's a win lol

Question..... Obviously I am in the ALU area, my question is....if a tower is 3G NV complete, and I am getting 2.2 Mbps up and 1.1 Mbps down, does that mean that once they install the new panels will the LTE kick in? Or is there a big difference (tower work wise) between 3G complete and 4g complete? Just curious as too how long it takes for the LTE to go live after a tower is 3G complete? If work started on 4g Tom.

Question..... Obviously I am in the ALU area, my question is....if a tower is 3G NV complete, and I am getting 2.2 Mbps up and 1.1 Mbps down, does that mean that once they install the new panels will the LTE kick in? Or is there a big difference (tower work wise) between 3G complete and 4g complete? Just curious as too how long it takes for the LTE to go live after a tower is 3G complete? If work started on 4g Tom.

Look at the pictures in this thread.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2902-how-to-spot-sprint-panels-and-rrus-ericsson-style/

This is the type of antenna that Sprint and their vendors are deploying. Two sides with 1900mhz antennas and an 800 mhz antenna in the middle. These are capable of both FDD-LTE 1900/800 and EVDO 1900 & CDMA 1xA 1900/800.

Once the physical work is done, the setup is capable of broadcasting any of the supported technologies with the addition of carrier card which will enable the technology as the base stations are modular and the RRU's installed already support the frequencies.

Shot Answer -- additional work or testing may be needed for the 4g hardware.

Look at the pictures in this thread.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2902-how-to-spot-sprint-panels-and-rrus-ericsson-style/

This is the type of antenna that Sprint and their vendors are deploying. Two sides with 1900mhz antennas and an 800 mhz antenna in the middle. These are capable of both FDD-LTE 1900/800 and EVDO 1900 & CDMA 1xA 1900/800.

Once the physical work is done, the setup is capable of broadcasting any of the supported technologies with the addition of carrier card which will enable the technology as the base stations are modular and the RRU's installed already support the frequencies.

Shot Answer -- additional work or testing may be needed for the 4g hardware.

So if the 3G work is done then the majority of the work is complete? Is that how I should interpret it? Then it's just a matter of when sprints schedule dictates the 4g work to start?

And i am heading over to that thread now! Thank you :-)

So if the 3G work is done then the majority of the work is complete? Is that how I should interpret it? Then it's just a matter of when sprints schedule dictates the 4g work to start?

And i am heading over to that thread now! Thank you :-)

Actually installing the hardware is the majority of the work. There is still testing to make sure the parts are hooked up correctly and the broadcasting signal is correct and a plethora of other minor stuff. The part that is out of Sprints control is the backhaul provider which provides the internet connection.

So, I'm still a little confused.

Do NV Upgrades include upgrading a tower to 4G? Or is that totally separate?

Stuck on the Poor Man's HTC for now.

Yes. When a site is converted to Network Vision standards, they install 4G LTE and new 1x Voice/3G EVDO equipment at the same time. In most instances though, both the 4G LTE and 3G cannot be brought online at the same time.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Yes. When a site is converted to Network Vision standards, they install 4G LTE and new 1x Voice/3G EVDO equipment at the same time. In most instances though, both the 4G LTE and 3G cannot be brought online at the same time.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Robert,

Does Sprint leave legecy equiment in place and running in some or all cases after the NV equiment is installed, and accepte?   I keep getting a lot of back and forth with this, so sorry for a repeated question.  If NV equiment is live, can, and does it run on backhaul other than fiber, like T1s?  i'm guessing yes to this question after reading different post.   If it does run on other backhaul other than fiber is this the reason in NV complete areas data speeds are still the same speed before NV.        

Robert,

Does Sprint leave legecy equiment in place and running in some or all cases after the NV equiment is installed, and accepte?   I keep getting a lot of back and forth with this, so sorry for a repeated question.  If NV equiment is live, can, and does it run on backhaul other than fiber, like T1s?  i'm guessing yes to this question after reading different post.   If it does run on other backhaul other than fiber is this the reason in NV complete areas data speeds are still the same speed before NV.

The legacy equipment is left installed and online for several weeks, if not months after NV equipment is installed. If backhaul is available, they will switch on LTE right away, but they cannot switch on NV 3G until the whole cluster is ready. Until that happens, 3G stays on legacy, which cannot run on the new backhaul. So until the cluster of NV 3G is brought online, legacy equipment is left in place and operating.

Also, NV equipment cannot run on legacy backhaul. In most cases, they're not compatible.

• Like 1

In Charlotte flying out to Iowa today. I'm so jealous of these damn Yankees.

Not jealous of much when it comes to these major cities - but LTE coverage is one of them.

Stuck on the Poor Man's HTC for now.

Is something happening in Upstate SC right now? My 3G connection has been dropping a LOT the past 2 days and it's been down for about 15 min now. Hoping this means LTE is about to be turned on. 

Is something happening in Upstate SC right now? My 3G connection has been dropping a LOT the past 2 days and it's been down for about 15 min now. Hoping this means LTE is about to be turned on.

What part of the upstate? it could just be trouble with a single site.

What part of the upstate? it could just be trouble with a single site.

Spartanburg, I'm a mile away from one of the NV towers. It's been horrible the past 2 days here with Sprint. Last week I went to the tower and did a speed test and got 1.03 mbps download and .81 mbps download, went a mile down the street and I got .17 mbps download and .09 mbps upload. But for the past 2 days I've hardly been getting anything at all and I've had 5 dropped calls. 

Sweet, i hope its a good sign that NV is getting moved into Greenville. I've had up and down signal for the past few days but i kinda figured it was the random storms we have had. Hopefully the end of July rumor for Greenville getting 4G LTE, and hoping better signal. 

Anyone else having delayed outgoing calls in Greenville? The counter gets to 15 seconds or more before the call goes through.

My data and phone was almost cut in half from yesterday afternoon. Seems to be better now. First call to Sprint the rep said there was a problem and then she said there wasn't a problem! Second call to Sprint said there was no issues but she said that there was upgrades in progress in this area. She said that during the upgrades data and phone might slow down so that might be the issue because sometimes the people updating the towers don't always tell Sprint. I'm not sure what to believe.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using TapaTalk

• Like 1