Network Vision/LTE - South Carolina Market (Columbia/Greenville/Spartanburg)

wyndd123

Yeah she lives off state park rd, i was at the Chick Fil A at Cherrydale after work today for a spicy chicken sandwich(licks lips) and got a little over 1.0 mbps down and .8 up. I went to Hamricks off Whitehorse rd and got almost 2 down and 1.5 up but i was literally 300ft from the tower haha. I looked in my settings last night while at supper and my network type was eHRPD:13 and done a quick search while waiting for my food and some said that it means the tower that my phone is communicating with has been upgraded to lte? Is that true or just talk? Either way im hoping its not long until we see upgraded NV 3g and later 4g lte.

I pressed LIKE for your post just because you mentioned a Chickfila Spicy Chicken sandwich. A personal fave of mine. What were we talking about again???

Robert

• Like 3

I pressed LIKE for your post just because you mentioned a Chickfila Spicy Chicken sandwich. A personal fave of mine. What were we talking about again???

Robert

About the network lol, i love the spicy after i ate it the regular does not taste the same now. But anyway I seen the eHRPD: 13, what dose that mean as far as signal stuff? I done a quick search while at Fatz waiting for food and seen some results saying that the tower my phone is connected to has been upgraded to the new stuff and just dosent have lte turned on yet. True or not true, thanks.

P.S.

Sends a Chick Fil A Spicy Sandwich to Robert for lunch. :)

• Like 1

Anyone who spends any time at S4GRU knows I have a chicken problem. Especially a fried chicken problem. That might be why I'm closing in on 300 lbs. But I blame the steroids...

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Anyone who spends any time at S4GRU knows I have a chicken problem. Especially a fried chicken problem. That might be why I'm closing in on 300 lbs. But I blame the steroids...

The steroids you're shooting in your ass or the steroids in the chicken?

The steroids you're shooting in your ass or the steroids in the chicken?

Ummmmm...

The steroids are taken orally for severe allergies. However, I like the mental imagery you present. My ass! :rofl:

Robert

Ummmmm...

The steroids are taken orally for severe allergies. However, I like the mental imagery you present. My ass! :rofl:

Robert

I had steroid of the anabolic sort taken in large doses as a short cut to building muscle in my mind as to what you were referring to.

Although, it would SUCK to have allergies so severe you had to take steroids.

I had steroid of the anabolic sort taken in large doses as a short cut to building muscle in my mind as to what you were referring to.

Although, it would SUCK to have allergies so severe you had to take steroids.

Yeah, it sucks, but It is much better than drowning on snot, I've found. ;)

Having a severe juniper allergy and living in New Mexico is not a good combination.

Robert

As I sit by the pool, kicked back in my lounge chair.....watching the waves on the surface of the water in the deep end flicker from the dim glow of the pool lights under the water. I look up above the tree tops to the Sprint tower that reflects on the surface of the water, and say to myself...man, this would be a perfect setting if..if my 3G wasn't so slow that my Pandora won't even stream out here!! Shaking my head....useless iPhone..... Frustrated tonight! Hope Charleston gets some LTE love soon!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Based on reports, we banned the recent ranter. It was a blatant posting violation and not even accurate. It almost seemed like he was selling another service. His posts have been removed and he has been reported to IP Board as a potential spammer.

Everyone is free to use whatever service they want. We advocate people getting what is best for them. But posting still has to be within our posting guidelines. This guy obviously didn't know there is already one LTE site accepted in SC. Sheesh.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 3

As I sit by the pool, kicked back in my lounge chair.....watching the waves on the surface of the water in the deep end flicker from the dim glow of the pool lights under the water. I look up above the tree tops to the Sprint tower that reflects on the surface of the water, and say to myself...man, this would be a perfect setting if..if my 3G wasn't so slow that my Pandora won't even stream out here!! Shaking my head....useless iPhone..... Frustrated tonight! Hope Charleston gets some LTE love soon!!

iPhones are useless in general - LTE wouldn't fix that. Hahaha.

Stuck on the Poor Man's HTC for now.

• Like 1

Based on reports, we banned the recent ranter. It was a blatant posting violation and not even accurate. It almost seemed like he was selling another service. His posts have been removed and he has been reported to IP Board as a potential spammer.

Everyone is free to use whatever service they want. We advocate people getting what is best for them. But posting still has to be within our posting guidelines. This guy obviously didn't know there is already one LTE site accepted in SC. Sheesh.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I must have missed this? I would have tried to set him straight. Do you have chick fil a in New mexico? Bojangles makes some mean spicy chicken too. If you are ever in the south east need to try.
  • Like 2

iPhones are useless in general - LTE wouldn't fix that. Hahaha.

You hush yo mouf ;-) haha I love my iPhone! It was killer on Sprint LTE when I was in Charlotte! ;-)

• Like 2

I must have missed this? I would have tried to set him straight. Do you have chick fil a in New mexico? Bojangles makes some mean spicy chicken too. If you are ever in the south east need to try.

They have three Chickfilas in Albuquerque. So I frequent them when in ABQ. I will definitely keep my eyes open for Bojangles when in the road. Thanks for the tip!

There Chicken Biscuits are awesome, spicy yet good(i tried grape jelly on one and its not too bad try it) plus a Large sweet tea :) and their seasoned fries are good..... I think we turned this thread about SC market into a thread about who has good chicken haha but its worth it :)

Anything new happening in SC? Has that one approved tower in Columbia broadcasted LTE yet? Or anything anywhere else in the state?

Was at the LTE site in cola last week. No LTE.

Was at the LTE site in cola last week. No LTE.

Thanks for the update. Wonder what the deal is with that site lol :-) keep us posted.

I heard a rumor that upstate SC could be getting LTE by the end of this month. Taking it with a grain of salt. Any truth to the rumor or are we looking at more of a mid or late summer rollout?

The accepted LTE site in Columbia (I-26/I-77) is ready hardware wise, but it hasn't been "switched" on for LTE at the Columbia MSC. Waiting for both this site, and the Darlington one to be "switched' on.

• Like 1

I heard a rumor that upstate SC could be getting LTE by the end of this month. Taking it with a grain of salt. Any truth to the rumor or are we looking at more of a mid or late summer rollout?

Hope this is true for you guys! :-) seems we still have a ways to go down here in the Lowcountry. Haven't seen an NV equipment up or going up on the towers near me. Looking at the completed towers on the map they are all 3G. Do y'all have any NV panels up in the upstate? If y'all launch next month hope we aren't far behind in at least getting some 4G "in progress" sites down here.

The accepted LTE site in Columbia (I-26/I-77) is ready hardware wise, but it hasn't been "switched" on for LTE at the Columbia MSC. Waiting for both this site, and the Darlington one to be "switched' on.

And I figured Darlington would be one of the early ones in the state to go 4G, there is a racetrack there...lol can't have Sprint sponsoring the Races with no 4G lol

• Like 1

And I figured Darlington would be one of the early ones in the state to go 4G, there is a racetrack there...lol can't have Sprint sponsoring the Races with no 4G lol

Well, the Bojangles Southern 500 was last weekend and there was no LTE in Darlington. They did have a COW there however, and speeds were pretty good during the race. (0.80-1.5 Mbps up)

I missed going to that race because of work :/ but i hope the rumors of 4G LTE by the end of this month is true but like Darkenv2 said im going to take it with a , good sized, grain of salt.

Where are these rumors originating? Locally or online somewhere?