Network Vision/LTE - South Carolina Market (Columbia/Greenville/Spartanburg)

wyndd123

Hmm. Guess they brought it back online at some point - unless I was connected to another Sprint tower in the area.

I was at 4 bars + 3G at around 1030 am today.

I think you guys are at the wrong site.  The tower is next to the little church.  You have to turn by the Raceway and you will go under the interstate.  The drive is next to a little church. The site has Fiber, and new RRU's, but the fiber is not hooked up. The cabinet has been replaced. It is transmitting 1900 1x and DO

Hmm. Guess they brought it back online at some point - unless I was connected to another Sprint tower in the area.

I was at 4 bars + 3G at around 1030 am today.

I think you guys are at the wrong site. The tower is next to the little church. You have to turn by the Raceway and you will go under the interstate. The drive is next to a little church. The site has Fiber, and new RRU's, but the fiber is not hooked up. The cabinet has been replaced. It is transmitting 1900 1x and DO

Yeah, that's where I was. Down the dirt road where the churches parking lot meets the main road. I'm on a custom ROM sometimes it takes a while to display 1x and 3G correctly. Maybe I was only getting 1x - very real possibility.

Stuck on the Poor Man's HTC for now.

Spartanburg has been having more issues lately with Sprint coverage. I work about a mile away from one of the NV towers, the tower ID is CR03AW106 and data speeds have been slower than usual and call reception has dropped dramatically, I've had 12 dropped calls within the past 3 days and 5 were during the same conversation where I had to keep calling the person back. I also live not far from one of the NV towers, the tower ID is CR04AW385 and it's been even worse, we usually had full bars at home and now we're on extended network with about 2 bars. Not concerned about data speeds at home since I have wifi but the dropped calls are really bad there now as well and that didn't use to be the problem, my brother who is on the same plan as me has had, he says, about 20 dropped calls within this week alone, and he was having trouble last week as well. We called Sprint and they confirmed the towers were being worked on and it should be fixed by yesterday, and we're still on extended network. I'm hoping this means the towers are close to being complete but I don't want to get my hopes up. Anyone else in the upstate having these issues too?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone having up and down signal? Sunday before i left for KY i had little to none, even after i left work were i get nothing, still had little signal. My dad who has Boost Mobile(Galaxy S2) had the same problem, my brother-in-law tried to call him because he thought our corvette was gone but never got through, not even to voice mail. Today i have had pretty good signal all day, i have been listening to Pandora for 2 hours doing yard work (and if anyone needs a good Bluetooth headset get the LG tone plus its amazing) and it never skipped a beat, usually it will lag after 3 or so songs and take a minute or two to load a song but it was snappy. After i got in and took a shower i was curious and ran a speedtest, i pulled a 99 ping .93DL and .85UP, not bad but while i was on the way to and from KY and hit a few 4G LTE spots i pulled a avg of 10DL and maxed around 20! then i came home and was like :( but i know it will eventually get better, but when? Just checking to see if anyone has heard any new updates, info, or rumors. 

Ok, has anyone heard anything about LTE anywhere else in SC? Because this is starting to get ridiculous. My brother is about to drop Sprint now because where we are in the upstate we've had absolutely abysmal service for the past month now. Data speeds are terribly slower than usual (averaging around .08 mbps) dropped calls out the wazoo and text messages that take 3 minutes to send. My brother is on the phone a lot and he has about 10-15 dropped calls a day, not an exaggeration. We even called Sprint to complain and they verified the amount of dropped calls we've been having are very high. This wouldn't be so bad if Sprint hadn't kept telling us that all the issues would be resolved on certain days which definitely did not end up being the case. I'm honestly tempted to abandon ship too but I'm not going to. Any news updates would be much appreciated. 

Ok, has anyone heard anything about LTE anywhere else in SC? Because this is starting to get ridiculous. My brother is about to drop Sprint now because where we are in the upstate we've had absolutely abysmal service for the past month now. Data speeds are terribly slower than usual (averaging around .08 mbps) dropped calls out the wazoo and text messages that take 3 minutes to send. My brother is on the phone a lot and he has about 10-15 dropped calls a day, not an exaggeration. We even called Sprint to complain and they verified the amount of dropped calls we've been having are very high. This wouldn't be so bad if Sprint hadn't kept telling us that all the issues would be resolved on certain days which definitely did not end up being the case. I'm honestly tempted to abandon ship too but I'm not going to. Any news updates would be much appreciated. 

Just drove from Charlotte, NC to Greenville, SC.  Lots of towers are already upgraded with NV panels and RRU's.  Just about every one I saw along I-85 from the NC border through Spartanburg are done.  Just either waiting on fiber, base stations, combination of both or just simply Sprint choosing to wait to activate LTE all together.  Good thing is a lot of the work is done.

Just drove from Charlotte, NC to Greenville, SC. Lots of towers are already upgraded with NV panels and RRU's. Just about every one I saw along I-85 from the NC border through Spartanburg are done. Just either waiting on fiber, base stations, combination of both or just simply Sprint choosing to wait to activate LTE all together. Good thing is a lot of the work is done.

I loved lte when i went through KY, TN, and NC but coming home to slow data and +1 for the slow text, my dad and i have been having issues sending text (Galaxy S2 on boost and Galaxy Note 2 on sprint respectively) I know i don't get good signal at work because of its metal building but Verizon gets signal pretty decent inside, mostly 4G LTE and even when it drops to 3G they still have faster speeds than me. Yet when i walk outside weather its the front or back door, literally a few inches out i get good signal.  Im hoping that Sprint will (soon) announce cities that they will be lighting up LTE soon, and even better if they say Spartanburg and Greenville.

So I just got Sprint service here in Columbia SC. By looking on the coverage map on sprints website I should have outstanding service where I live but unfortunately I do not. I cannot even complete a phone call. I bought the Signal check Pro app and noticed that almost immediately after leaving my neighborhood I switch to another tower and my service goes back to what I would consider acceptable. Then when I pull in I switch back to the other tower it goes to crap again. Knowing the location of the tower that I am currently on is there anyway to check that particular site and be able to tell if there is a problem that may be resolved in the future? I am within the 14 day return period but if I know the tower is being worked on or is just temporarily jacked up, I will rest a little easier about my decision. Thanks!

So I just got Sprint service here in Columbia SC. By looking on the coverage map on sprints website I should have outstanding service where I live but unfortunately I do not. I cannot even complete a phone call. I bought the Signal check Pro app and noticed that almost immediately after leaving my neighborhood I switch to another tower and my service goes back to what I would consider acceptable. Then when I pull in I switch back to the other tower it goes to crap again. Knowing the location of the tower that I am currently on is there anyway to check that particular site and be able to tell if there is a problem that may be resolved in the future? I am within the 14 day return period but if I know the tower is being worked on or is just temporarily jacked up, I will rest a little easier about my decision. Thanks!

Hi man and welcome to the forum. All the info you are looking for is available in the sponsor area. It's well worth it my man. Consider becoming a sponsor, go here:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I had a horrible time connecting to 3G yesterday, had no internet connection for most of the day. When I got home I updated my PRL and it seemed to fix everything, in fact my data speeds were really good when I got to work today, averaged over 1mbps on download, but sadly it's gone back down to averaging just .07mbps again. I'm hoping that this means that the towers out here are about to be turned on because for a while I was pretty happy with the improved 3G. Anyone know if the time is upon us for LTE in the Upstate?!

Well Sprint announced new LTE cities the other day and some that were to get LTE in the "coming months" and still none in the SC market, even near the beach(vacation time). I'm hoping that when the issue with Dish and Clearwire gets settled sprint can focus on their LTE and Advanced LTE tower upgrades.

Well Sprint announced new LTE cities the other day and some that were to get LTE in the "coming months" and still none in the SC market, even near the beach(vacation time). I'm hoping that when the issue with Dish and Clearwire gets settled sprint can focus on their LTE and Advanced LTE tower upgrades.

Those announcements mean squat. There are cities announced last September as coming soon that still don't have one live LTE site, and there are some not even announced and have more than a dozen live sites. This is what happens when you have marketing folks making these kind of calls.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

Those announcements mean squat. There are cities announced last September as coming soon that still don't have one live LTE site, and there are some not even announced and have more than a dozen live sites. This is what happens when you have marketing folks making these kind of calls.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yep :/ also has anyone updated their prl? Before mine was 550?? something now its 2000 even, when i first did it i was like uh ok? but no real improvement to be honest. 

My i5 won't update at all. I did the whole ##update# thing and it says service update failed.......

On a side note my home tower that is now marked as 3G complete is now at 0.00 download and .09 upload with full bars for voice. (No roam) so I am hoping this is a good thing. Have seen trucks out there the past 2 days. Maybe they are testing. Still no sign of digging yet tho. The flags marking buried cables are still out there.

Interesting, for the first time my network type is eHRPD. It's been eVDO - A every other time I've checked at home.

I can't seem to find the tower number, but the closest Sprint tower is on the frontage road near the intersection of 378 and I-26 in West Columbia, 29169 zip code if that helps any. I'll head over there tomorrow to see if anyone is around doing some work.

Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come, soon.

post-15449-13722054465982_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Make sure you're connected to WiFi when you do the PRL update on your iPhone 5. I believe it's required, I've done and it's fixed most of my data problems for now, some areas I've been getting over 1mbps, others are still averaging .1mbps. Hope that helps. 

My i5 won't update at all. I did the whole ##update# thing and it says service update failed.......

On a side note my home tower that is now marked as 3G complete is now at 0.00 download and .09 upload with full bars for voice. (No roam) so I am hoping this is a good thing. Have seen trucks out there the past 2 days. Maybe they are testing. Still no sign of digging yet tho. The flags marking buried cables are still out there.

Make sure you're connected to WiFi when you do the PRL update on your iPhone 5. I believe it's required, I've done and it's fixed most of my data problems for now, some areas I've been getting over 1mbps, others are still averaging .1mbps. Hope that helps.

Just tried it connected to wifi.....and it worked like a charm! Thanks man!

Let me guess....there isn't an app for my iPhone 5 that can show me all that stuff?

I not sure, but knowing the Nazi like lockdown of the iOS and the Apple App Store - probably not. Hahahah

Do yourself a favor and just get an Android. :)

It's all good lol I stay where I'm at. When I see the little LTE market up top replace my 3G marker, none of those screens will matter anyway lol.

Seeing that 3G/4G accepted site in my marker feels good! Hope it spreads like wildfire from Hardeeville up north to Charleston!!

I not sure, but knowing the Nazi like lockdown of the iOS and the Apple App Store - probably not. HahahahDo yourself a favor and just get an Android. :)Stuck on the Poor Man's HTC for now.

Don't do it!!! Lol jk. They're both good platforms, I started on android, nothing wrong with it, I'm just suited more for Apple. Love my iPhone 5. If I went back to android it'd definitely be an HTC. I work with a lot of tech and help people find the right device that works for them. The arguments between Apple and Android really get on my nerves lol. Can't we all just get along? Haha

I not sure, but knowing the Nazi like lockdown of the iOS and the Apple App Store - probably not. HahahahDo yourself a favor and just get an Android. :)Stuck on the Poor Man's HTC for now.

Don't do it!!! Lol jk. They're both good platforms, I started on android, nothing wrong with it, I'm just suited more for Apple. Love my iPhone 5. If I went back to android it'd definitely be an HTC. I work with a lot of tech and help people find the right device that works for them. The arguments between Apple and Android really get on my nerves lol. Can't we all just get along? Haha

HTC is the way to go for Android. Especially the ONE. I'm tired of people being all, omg Samsung s4!!! It's plastic and filled with useless bloat. Learn about the OS and Hardware first - then choose. Don't go off a cheesy commercial that features cheap gimmicks that don't work 90% of the time.

But, different people are suited to iPhone's and to Androids. I hate Apple as a company due to how they are suing everyone and offer little in the way of innovation lately. iOS7 probably won't be that much different from iOS6.