Network Vision/LTE - South Carolina Market (Columbia/Greenville/Spartanburg)

wyndd123

• 2 weeks later...

Has there been any word on when Spartanburg will have LTE launched? I know we were announced in January, I see that the NV 3G build has been accepted though my 3G has not improved, if anything it's getting worse, just haven't heard how the LTE build is coming along,

Well... Called after there wasn't any indication of LTE on my status bar... According to the rep that I spoke with, the date of the 2nd was only for voice, and that the data wasn't set to be done until the 7th... We will see...

Since none of the sites in the area have been accepted for 4G yet, I don't expect we'll see anything on the 7th either. Sprint reps typically have less information than what you can find on here.

Since none of the sites in the area have been accepted for 4G yet, I don't expect we'll see anything on the 7th either. Sprint reps typically have less information than what you can find on here.

Anderson, SC was reported as getting 4G LTE as of the 16th of Jan according to their own website: http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=2495

Not sure what you mean by this...

Anderson, SC was reported as getting 4G LTE as of the 16th of Jan according to their own website: http://newsroom.spri...article_id=2495

Not sure what you mean by this...

Right, everywhere Sprint has service will get LTE, but there's no timeframe in that article other then "in the coming months". If you're a S4GRU Sponsor, you can see on the maps that none of the towers in the SC market have been accepted for 4G yet so it seems unlikely they'd be ready to launch in 3 days. I'm definitely looking forward to it (I was in Atlanta this past weekend and it was so nice to have LTE) but it's probably going to be a bit longer before it happens.

Ill be going to Charlotte this weekend for the huge car show and am going to love 4g lte while im there, im gonna do a few speed test just for the hell of it, ive read somewhere that SC 4g lte rollout should be done by December :/ i know a lot of sprint people that will switch before then.

I was told today by a sprint rep at a store that by the 17th of this month sprint will be dont updating the network in the greenville area, hope its lte.

They're definitely upgrading the towers in the upstate right now, just no LTE on any of them yet so it may still be a while :(

They're definitely upgrading the towers in the upstate right now, just no LTE on any of them yet so it may still be a while :(

Yeah, i would be happy with decent signal, where i work now i get no signal at all. I would like to have decent 3g for now i can, kinda, wait for 4g lte. Just going up to Charlotte last Saturday for the big car show i loved 4g lte, i maxxed at 9.09mbps down but averaged about 4-6mbps down, it was pretty sweet. I just dont like how Sprint is kinda behind in terms of 4g roll out. :( Well at least i have unlimited data (: sofar this month over 1.5gb.

Anyone else in Greenville sc having data / voice issues? In northern Greenville data has been slower and timing out a lot more than normal. I also have had outgoing call issues, which sends me to a Boost Mobile error message. When I dialed *2 it sent me to Boost Mobiles customer service. This has been going on with both of my Sprint devices. I do live in a "fair service area" which data is a bit slower but has worked for the most part in the past and voice drops a call ever now and then, but now its very hit and miss. I hope this clears up soon or I may have to get a pre- paid with another service provider to have a working phone. :(

Anyone else in Greenville sc having data / voice issues? In northern Greenville data has been slower and timing out a lot more than normal. I also have had outgoing call issues, which sends me to a Boost Mobile error message. When I dialed *2 it sent me to Boost Mobiles customer service. This has been going on with both of my Sprint devices. I do live in a "fair service area" which data is a bit slower but has worked for the most part in the past and voice drops a call ever now and then, but now its very hit and miss. I hope this clears up soon or I may have to get a pre- paid with another service provider to have a working phone. :(

I've been told by a sprint rep that they are working on data/voice in our area (greenville) but the voice was done at the beginning of the month, and data would be done on the 17th(today) I'm hoping it gets better, 3g is just plain slow, 4g lte would be nice but SC is scheduled by the end of the year to be done.

I've been told by a sprint rep that they are working on data/voice in our area (greenville) but the voice was done at the beginning of the month, and data would be done on the 17th(today) I'm hoping it gets better, 3g is just plain slow, 4g lte would be nice but SC is scheduled by the end of the year to be done.

I was told the same but it almost the 18th and I'm still having the same problems up in he outer areas of travelers rest . Not sure how often you come to Tr , but the tower thats in the middle of town has had NV equipment for a month or more now without backhaul hooked up I'm guessing. When I'm downtown Tr speeds increased a little but it seems the signal distance decreased. Greenville will have LTE I bet by the end of spring in a few areas that already has the backhaul (fiber) to the sites, but backhaul instaqlling is going to take a while. I haven't seen any signs of fiber being ran around Greenville county I have even talked to a few locate guys on Job sites and they all said the same thing , they haven't done any marking to or around cell tower

I was told the same but it almost the 18th and I'm still having the same problems up in he outer areas of travelers rest . Not sure how often you come to Tr , but the tower thats in the middle of town has had NV equipment for a month or more now without backhaul hooked up I'm guessing. When I'm downtown Tr speeds increased a little but it seems the signal distance decreased. Greenville will have LTE I bet by the end of spring in a few areas that already has the backhaul (fiber) to the sites, but backhaul instaqlling is going to take a while. I haven't seen any signs of fiber being ran around Greenville county I have even talked to a few locate guys on Job sites and they all said the same thing , they haven't done any marking to or around cell tower

Anyone else having data problems in Spartanburg? I mean 3G is slow as it is here, like 0.3 Mbs, but now I'm getting absolutely nothing, can't even open a web page. Haven't heard any updates on LTE so I'm not sure if we're getting that going now and the towers are being updated. We were announced in January but no one has said anything since then really.

Ive gotten a little bit better signal today but i havent went to work yet, i usually get little to no signal at all there. Sucks cuz we get busy for like 30 minutes then we want have anyone come in for an hour so we youtbe and everyone loves my Note 2 screen size lol but they have verizon and 4g lte so there videos load faster than mine.

Noticed New AlcaLu RRU's installed at the cell site Down town Columbia near the water reservoir at the intersection of 126 and Huger St. Fiber is installed (Palmetto Net), but not hooked up yet. Also spotted fiber at the site by the BCBS building at 77 and 20. Also spotted Compact cells being replaced with full blown 4.0 s behind the flea market on #1 Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

Noticed New AlcaLu RRU's installed at the cell site Down town Columbia near the water reservoir at the intersection of 126 and Huger St. Fiber is installed (Palmetto Net), but not hooked up yet. Also spotted fiber at the site by the BCBS building at 77 and 20. Also spotted Compact cells being replaced with full blown 4.0 s behind the flea market on #1 Fingers crossed!

Which flea market? I've been to the I-77/I-20 site. Talked to the guys installing the panels. Waiting on new cabinets and fiber to be installed there.

In greenville sprint has updated there little thing that shows what towers are goin to be upgraded and how(not when :( ) but theres 50 upgrades! 36 of which are data speed upgrades.... maybe 4g?

Yes and no, NV equiment may be in place on some of these, but backhaul is a issue on a lot of these sites. Some updates fromthe Sprint is showing older Legacy equiment that is still being updated even that it maybe getting replaced very soon. The only site I found that is running high ( 1.5 to 1.8) MBPS is a site on hwy 25 in Berea behind Hamricks. One site in Travelers Rest that has NV equiment installed is still running at .02 to .25mbps range. Look into becoming a sponsor all you have to do is have a pay pal and gift a $1 or more and you can see a lot of maps that way more info than you are getting from Sprints website. This will give you 6 months of viewing and updates. It shows all of sprints sites. If you want to follow LTE time lines this is about the only way you will get info.

This site will probably be the first LTE accepted site in the SC Market according to what the guy said with AcLu. Everything is there, they are just finishing up and waiting for AT&T to run about 15 feet of fiber. The 1900 MHz is offline right now as well. He said that it won't be long. This site is set to go 800/1900/LTE any day now. B)

8697274120_75913c054a.jpg

Sprint Tower - Lugoff, SC by rrxingmtr, on Flickr

So, from what I gather from the posts on this page - Columbia (Downtown/Spring Dale-Lexingtonish) could be seeing LTE in a few days or weeks?

Edited by JONBOY345