Network Vision/LTE - South Carolina Market (Columbia/Greenville/Spartanburg)

wyndd123

HTC is the way to go for Android. Especially the ONE. I'm tired of people being all, omg Samsung s4!!! It's plastic and filled with useless bloat. Learn about the OS and Hardware first - then choose. Don't go off a cheesy commercial that features cheap gimmicks that don't work 90% of the time.

But, different people are suited to iPhone's and to Androids. I hate Apple as a company due to how they are suing everyone and offer little in the way of innovation lately. iOS7 probably won't be that much different from iOS6.

Stuck on the Poor Man's HTC for now.

I agree 100%. I'm not a fan of the Galaxy phones. They really feel cheap, I like getting a phone that feels like it won't break in my hands. If people are upgrading with android I recommend the HTC ONE right now. It's got a solid build, Sense 5 is great, love the design and it has great hardware. Very great phone from HTC.

As for Apple, I love the company but I can understand what you're saying, it gets on my nerves sometimes too but I can also see where they're coming from. As to iOS7 I'm currently running it and it's a big difference between iOS6. They're heading in the right direction with it, you can see they've been influenced by jailbreak tweaks as well as Windows and Android with the design of it. Not entirely a ripoff of them all but definitely influenced. 

All depends on if you need better reception as I've heard from a few folks that the S4 does a little better in the signal dept than the HTCone. 

On Sprint's network that is true, though it will be fixed, the ONE to me is still a better phone overall. 

I agree 100%. I'm not a fan of the Galaxy phones. They really feel cheap, I like getting a phone that feels like it won't break in my hands. If people are upgrading with android I recommend the HTC ONE right now. It's got a solid build, Sense 5 is great, love the design and it has great hardware. Very great phone from HTC.

As for Apple, I love the company but I can understand what you're saying, it gets on my nerves sometimes too but I can also see where they're coming from. As to iOS7 I'm currently running it and it's a big difference between iOS6. They're heading in the right direction with it, you can see they've been influenced by jailbreak tweaks as well as Windows and Android with the design of it. Not entirely a ripoff of them all but definitely influenced. 

I've not see iOS7 I was just making an assumption based on the iOS precedent. 

What about settings? Do they allow for significantly greater options in setting up your device? Is the main interface just one big app drawer still?

I've not see iOS7 I was just making an assumption based on the iOS precedent. 

What about settings? Do they allow for significantly greater options in setting up your device? Is the main interface just one big app drawer still?

Yeah that's pretty much the same, but there are easy ways around that. My take is to make specified folders for certain apps, makes everything neat and organized for me. You can make an app folder that can hold all the apps kind of like an app drawer if you want, I personally don't like that. There's a couple of really great features that are definitely influenced by android, jailbreak tweaks, and even windows phones. One in particular gives us a great way of sharing without having NFC that is more secure and no need to touch phones, and requires no data, it's called AirDrop. To see some of the new features check them out here. http://www.apple.com/ios/ios7/features/ It's pretty much the first major overhaul that Apple has done since the first iPhone. 

As someone who is a phone freak... Seriously... In the past 4 years I've had an HTC Touch Pro, HTC Hero, HTC Evo, HTC Evo3D, Motorola Photon, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and now the Galaxy Note 2... I can honestly say after the Photon I went Apple due to the cleanness and non-fragmentation... And also so that I could carry over some of the apps that I had on my iPad... But... After playing around with the Galaxy S3 I was impressed and ended up going back to Android with the Note 2, and haven't even thought about looking back... It's a really clean machine, and there are MANY things that I can do with it that I could not have dreamed about with iPhones... iPhones are great if you wanna keep it simple... But... I love the fact that I have over 1000 original SNES, NES, and Playstation games on my Note and that I can hook it up to my TV and use up to 4 PS3 controllers with this phone... If you're into messing with your gadgets and love openness and actually maxing out the potential of the hardware you carry in your pocket... Android is far superior... The battery life and signal quality of this phone make the iPhone's I had look sub-par... I am able to get signal on this phone in places I could never get signal on my iPhone... And yeah... This phone is made out of plastic vs my nice glass and aluminum iPhone... But... I'm the type of person who keeps their phone in a case... I don't typically take it out of it's case when handling it or showing it to others...

As someone who is a phone freak... Seriously... In the past 4 years I've had an HTC Touch Pro, HTC Hero, HTC Evo, HTC Evo3D, Motorola Photon, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and now the Galaxy Note 2... I can honestly say after the Photon I went Apple due to the cleanness and non-fragmentation... And also so that I could carry over some of the apps that I had on my iPad... But... After playing around with the Galaxy S3 I was impressed and ended up going back to Android with the Note 2, and haven't even thought about looking back... It's a really clean machine, and there are MANY things that I can do with it that I could not have dreamed about with iPhones... iPhones are great if you wanna keep it simple... But... I love the fact that I have over 1000 original SNES, NES, and Playstation games on my Note and that I can hook it up to my TV and use up to 4 PS3 controllers with this phone... If you're into messing with your gadgets and love openness and actually maxing out the potential of the hardware you carry in your pocket... Android is far superior... The battery life and signal quality of this phone make the iPhone's I had look sub-par... I am able to get signal on this phone in places I could never get signal on my iPhone... And yeah... This phone is made out of plastic vs my nice glass and aluminum iPhone... But... I'm the type of person who keeps their phone in a case... I don't typically take it out of it's case when handling it or showing it to others...

Very nice. The Note 2 is too big for me personally but it is a great android phone for sure. With the iPhone 5 I can't say how the connectivity is on LTE obviously but on 3G it's definitely not the best with Sprint. On Verizon when I had a 4S with them it was pretty great but I will say the 5 is awesome when connected to WiFi, my connection is better than the android phones my friends have. On my 4S and 5 I had emulators for GBC, GBA, NES, SNES and Playstation as well. Just required jailbreaking it. Used my Apple TV (one of 3 I own, also jailbroken) and mirrored the phone to the TV and hooked up a Wii controller to it. Pretty fun playing the old games that way. But since I'm on the beta for iOS7 right now I can't do it with my phone anymore but my iPad is still jailbroken so I can do it that way. Yeah android allows more customization with everything, unless you jailbreak but like I said for me I'm more suited to Apple and I enjoy the simplicity of it all. But I still work with android phones a lot and there's some really great ones out there these days. 

So are we South Carolinians keeping the market thread going with device talk while we wait on activity to pick up around here? Lol

But josh.....I had an LG before as well. My first android was an LG. I waited and waited for FROYO and we never got it. So I see what ur saying. But man I will say the Optimus sure looked nice. I love my i5 and I'm sticking with it. I guess that LG has sentimental draw for me lol.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Very nice. The Note 2 is too big for me personally but it is a great android phone for sure. With the iPhone 5 I can't say how the connectivity is on LTE obviously but on 3G it's definitely not the best with Sprint. On Verizon when I had a 4S with them it was pretty great but I will say the 5 is awesome when connected to WiFi, my connection is better than the android phones my friends have. On my 4S and 5 I had emulators for GBC, GBA, NES, SNES and Playstation as well. Just required jailbreaking it. Used my Apple TV (one of 3 I own, also jailbroken) and mirrored the phone to the TV and hooked up a Wii controller to it. Pretty fun playing the old games that way. But since I'm on the beta for iOS7 right now I can't do it with my phone anymore but my iPad is still jailbroken so I can do it that way. Yeah android allows more customization with everything, unless you jailbreak but like I said for me I'm more suited to Apple and I enjoy the simplicity of it all. But I still work with android phones a lot and there's some really great ones out there these days. 

I agree... I did that with my iPhones as well... But I could never get past the horrible lag with my AppleTV... How did you get around that? It was so bad that it made it unplayable... I researched and researched and only found others with the issue with no resolve... I ask because I would love to have that setup with my iPad...

I agree... I did that with my iPhones as well... But I could never get past the horrible lag with my AppleTV... How did you get around that? It was so bad that it made it unplayable... I researched and researched and only found others with the issue with no resolve... I ask because I would love to have that setup with my iPad...

I'm not sure, I guess internet speed and what kind of router you're using. I mean I had some lag problems too but not that often and that mainly happened with 12mbps internet with a cisco dual band router, right now I'm getting 30mbps internet and I have an apple time capsule 2TB router, can't say I've had that problem very much if at all really. What I'd do though is kill all the apps besides the emulator because it does take a good bit of power and the more you have the smoother it should be on the screen, I know with a game like Injustice: God's Among Us for iOS I tried it on my iPhone and it did not work well at all, but that's very graphics heavy and takes a lot of power to play. 

So are we South Carolinians keeping the market thread going with device talk while we wait on activity to pick up around here? Lol

That seems to be the case LOL. Gotta make the time fly somehow, I just hope our LTE gets out here soon, SC needs some Sprint love for once cause they're "3G" was not a good offering in comparison to it's competitors. Where I'm at Sprint is the only carrier who doesn't have some sort of 4G out here. Verizon is LTE, AT&T has LTE and 4G HSPA+, T-Mobile has 4G HSPA+ with LTE on the way. I feel left out haha. 

That seems to be the case LOL. Gotta make the time fly somehow, I just hope our LTE gets out here soon, SC needs some Sprint love for once cause they're "3G" was not a good offering in comparison to it's competitors. Where I'm at Sprint is the only carrier who doesn't have some sort of 4G out here. Verizon is LTE, AT&T has LTE and 4G HSPA+, T-Mobile has 4G HSPA+ with LTE on the way. I feel left out haha. 

"Left out" doesn't even begin to describe how I feel... I'm barely even sometimes getting 14kbps here in the Anderson/Pendleton area... That's right... 14kbps... Like as slow as DIAL UP... I feel like my phone should be making dial up noises when I log into my Facebook!!! My downlink just 2 and a half years ago here averaged anywhere from 1.5-2Mbps... I'd say that was a HEAVY reduction of speed... Meanwhile EVERY other service has 4G of some sort... Heck... I would be happy with Wimax...

"Left out" doesn't even begin to describe how I feel... I'm barely even sometimes getting 14kbps here in the Anderson/Pendleton area... That's right... 14kbps... Like as slow as DIAL UP... I feel like my phone should be making dial up noises when I log into my Facebook!!! My downlink just 2 and a half years ago here averaged anywhere from 1.5-2Mbps... I'd say that was a HEAVY reduction of speed... Meanwhile EVERY other service has 4G of some sort... Heck... I would be happy with Wimax...

I'm there with you man, I'm in Greenville/Spartanburg area and I get an average of about 18kbps. Not joking, it's pretty horrible out here. It's really bad where I work though, that 18kbps would seem like a blessing compared to the 1.5kbps I've been getting for the past month, not an exaggeration at all! that and the dropped calls every day get very annoying, and the crazy thing is there's a Network Vision tower less than a mile away!!!! There are a few areas out here where I've gotten 1.5mbps but it's not a big area. I'd be happy with just getting the 3G to stay at 1.5mbps for a while haha. 

Certain areas around me are stabilizing 3G speed wise. 3 or 4 of the towers I bounce around on in my day to day are stable above 1.0 down. Once the gaps fill in, then it's just and LTE waiting game. Things have gotten extremely better here since I came aboard in Dec.

• Like 1

Certain areas around me are stabilizing 3G speed wise. 3 or 4 of the towers I bounce around on in my day to day are stable above 1.0 down. Once the gaps fill in, then it's just and LTE waiting game. Things have gotten extremely better here since I came aboard in Dec.

I heard that.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Mine have been stabilizing as of late as well, where I work still sucks for 3G though but it's not as bad as the 1.5kbps I was getting for a long time, now it's more like 35kbps. I've heard a few rumors of a late July LTE launch here in SC, hope that is true. Might be going to Charlotte here soon, gonna be testing that LTE extensively haha. 

Mine have been stabilizing as of late as well, where I work still sucks for 3G though but it's not as bad as the 1.5kbps I was getting for a long time, now it's more like 35kbps. I've heard a few rumors of a late July LTE launch here in SC, hope that is true. Might be going to Charlotte here soon, gonna be testing that LTE extensively haha.

I was in Charlotte 3times in May, in and around the Track. LTE was awesome there!

Seeing as how that one tower in Cola, and the one the other day in hardeeville(3G/4G accepted) It shouldn't be long now. Almost every tower I have seen in person in the Summerville/Charleston area are full build and all looks to be done except back haul.(with the exception of one tower, not sure what the hold up is on that one getting new panels)

Btw....where are these rumors originating, and what are the nature of them?

I wouldn't be surprised if they turned out to be legit. We should be close by now with all the activity around me.

I was in Charlotte 3times in May, in and around the Track. LTE was awesome there!

Seeing as how that one tower in Cola, and the one the other day in hardeeville(3G/4G accepted) It shouldn't be long now. Almost every tower I have seen in person in the Summerville/Charleston area are full build and all looks to be done except back haul.(with the exception of one tower, not sure what the hold up is on that one getting new panels)

That's good news to hear. I can't wait to test it in Charlotte. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they turned out to be legit. We should be close by now with all the activity around me.

I'm not sure I've heard a few people saying they heard rumors that LTE would be here in the upstate by July, then others said they were told the end of July and that would be most of SC. Not sure where it originated from. 

That's good news to hear. I can't wait to test it in Charlotte.

I'm not sure I've heard a few people saying they heard rumors that LTE would be here in the upstate by July, then others said they were told the end of July and that would be most of SC. Not sure where it originated from.

Well I hope they are right. It's SC's turn! Lol

• Like 1

Well it looks like there is another 4g tower in sc according to the NV sites complete thread. The Only problem is the tower is in Hilton head.

That's where all the Ritchie's and the golf courses are! TIGER WOODS YALLLL! Lol

Seriously....glad to see em lighting up!!

• Like 1

So I've been doing some speedtests lately at work where for a long time I was barely getting anything above .1mbps download and sometimes much worse. The network has been up and down as you can see in the pics, notice the times when I did the tests and how far apart they are. The first two pics are from yesterday and the rest are from today. Keep in mind these are all from the exact same spot, sat at my desk for all of these. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3luixyou7tdr6wc/lDCKl2zHQ5

So I've been doing some speedtests lately at work where for a long time I was barely getting anything above .1mbps download and sometimes much worse. The network has been up and down as you can see in the pics, notice the times when I did the tests and how far apart they are. The first two pics are from yesterday and the rest are from today. Keep in mind these are all from the exact same spot, sat at my desk for all of these.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3luixyou7tdr6wc/lDCKl2zHQ5

Hmmmmm that one was really decent....considering. I would take a 120 ping anyday. They must be working on ur tower...or they have some weird traffic in ur area..I also wonder if they were working on ur tower at work and u were connected to a different NV complete tower. Hard to say....