Network Vision/LTE - South Carolina Market (Columbia/Greenville/Spartanburg)

wyndd123

Driving from Charlotte, NC to Greenville, SC and back revealed that most Sprint NV upgraded towers along I-85 have only the new NV panels, as they removed the legacy panels.  Didn't know they were doing this yet, however, seems like the right thing to do, given that the legacy panels are pretty much useless after they replace the cabinets.

• Like 1

I just visited the tower that's reading 3G/4G on the map near Duncan off 29 and I got about 150 ft from the tower and no LTE connection, what gives? And before anyone asks, yes my LTE was switched on, I even ran another PRL update on my phone just in case but still no LTE, though my 3G speedtest almost pulled in 2 mbps on the download but still. I'm really hoping Sprint hurries with LTE here in the upstate, T-Mobile apparently just launched LTE in Spartanburg and Greenville and they only announced LTE in March, we've been listed as coming soon by Sprint since January. 

I just visited the tower that's reading 3G/4G on the map near Duncan off 29 and I got about 150 ft from the tower and no LTE connection, what gives? And before anyone asks, yes my LTE was switched on, I even ran another PRL update on my phone just in case but still no LTE, though my 3G speedtest almost pulled in 2 mbps on the download but still. I'm really hoping Sprint hurries with LTE here in the upstate, T-Mobile apparently just launched LTE in Spartanburg and Greenville and they only announced LTE in March, we've been listed as coming soon by Sprint since January.

If your pulling those kinda download speeds and since it definitely has backhaul in place for the 4G acceptance then it's just a matter of time. Just gotta integrate it and fire it up. Shouldn't be long now for you guys. They may be getting more towers ready in that area before they light em up.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Went back to the tower off 29 and speedtest was a bit slower, .88mbps download. My buddy on T-Mobile just tested his LTE in Spartanburg and pulled 45mbps! That is ridiculous, he usually got 9mbps on his 4G alone. He's trying to convince me to make the switch to T-Mobile and I can't deny that their new JUMP program is attractive to me, though it has some minor issues, I'm holding on with Sprint for now, I'm hoping their LTE will make me want to stay with them. 

Went back to the tower off 29 and speedtest was a bit slower, .88mbps download. My buddy on T-Mobile just tested his LTE in Spartanburg and pulled 45mbps! That is ridiculous, he usually got 9mbps on his 4G alone. He's trying to convince me to make the switch to T-Mobile and I can't deny that their new JUMP program is attractive to me, though it has some minor issues, I'm holding on with Sprint for now, I'm hoping their LTE will make me want to stay with them.

My friend just switched to T-Mobile... It's throttled 4G back to 3g after you reach your 4g data cap.

Be patient guys, it'll get here eventually.

Stuck on the Poor Man's HTC for now.

My friend just switched to T-Mobile... It's throttled 4G back to 3g after you reach your 4g data cap.

Be patient guys, it'll get here eventually.

Unless you get the unlimited data plan, otherwise you get the 2GB plan and it is throttled. I'm still remaining patient. 

• Like 1

This is interesting because I've been having data issues in the past few days in the Greenville Memorial Hospital area. Sprint said that there were 5 towers down in this area and we won't be back to full service until next Saturday. So, I wonder if it's a LTE update?

Anyone track yet on Sensorly?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using TapaTalk 2

This is interesting because I've been having data issues in the past few days in the Greenville Memorial Hospital area. Sprint said that there were 5 towers down in this area and we won't be back to full service until next Saturday. So, I wonder if it's a LTE update?

Anyone track yet on Sensorly?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using TapaTalk 2

Ill be crusing around there sometime this week and will pop up sensorly!

Ill let ya know when

Hello everyone... Glad that some people are actually starting to see LTE here in the upstate... I would like someone that is actually getting LTE to try an experiment for me if you have time... It'll require that you have your MSL or unlock code... Ok... If so and you feel like taking a few minutes... Run a few Speedtest.net tests and screen shot them... Then... Afterwards:

1: Open Dialer and dial ##DATA# (##3282#)

2: Click Edit

3: Enter your six digit MSL then hit OK

4: Click Others

5: Click Multimedia

6: Write down all info on this screen incase you get negative results

7: Change to:

RTSP Proxy Address: 0.0.0.0

RTSP Proxy Port: 0

HTTPPD Proxy Address: 0.0.0.0

HTTPPD Proxy Port: 0

8: Back all the way back out to front screen

9: Reboot

10: Test with Speedtest.net app a few more times and see if you're get higher speeds...

This worked great for me with 3G, just kinda wondering if these settings will effect 4G as well... I thank anyone in advance for the info...

I tried that and just got the same results. I also went out to haywood rd and was getting 4g from Pelham rd down to copper river. I ate at Papa's and Beer today and no 4g down there so the tower has to be some where around there. Keep checking sensorly as I will continue to map around the area

I tried that and just got the same results. I also went out to haywood rd and was getting 4g from Pelham rd down to copper river. I ate at Papa's and Beer today and no 4g down there so the tower has to be some where around there. Keep checking sensorly as I will continue to map around the area

Thank you very much for testing...

You can take this with a grain of salt... But I contacted Sprint twice today because of the new pricing plans that just rolled out Friday to see if I would save anything by switching to them, which I wouldn't... But... Both times the rep on the phone confirmed that the towers in my area were supposed to go live 11pm tonight... Lol... Let's see... Maybe they really are rolling some more towers out tonight... But... They've totally trolled me before about network expansion...

• Like 1

Thank you very much for testing...

You can take this with a grain of salt... But I contacted Sprint twice today because of the new pricing plans that just rolled out Friday to see if I would save anything by switching to them, which I wouldn't... But... Both times the rep on the phone confirmed that the towers in my area were supposed to go live 11pm tonight... Lol... Let's see... Maybe they really are rolling some more towers out tonight... But... They've totally trolled me before about network expansion...

On the new plan thing, yeah I'm on a plan with 3 other people and we're paying about $208 with 1500 shared min (unlimited mobile to mobile), unlimited text and unlimited data. On the new plan the only new thing we'd get is truly unlimited talk, and we'd be paying $50 more a month, if they'd throw in a 5GB mobile hotspot feature for each phone then maybe I'd consider it but since they don't it's a complete ripoff to me. On the tower scenario, I really hope they light the upstate up fast, I'm still upset that T-Mobile got their LTE out here faster than Sprint and it's really fast on top of it, my buddy has been rubbing it in since he got it last week, his 4G HSPA+ speeds were about the same as the Sprint LTE speeds I tested in Greenville. We're getting very close though. 

Just root and get WiFi tethering for free.

On iPhone, I can't jailbreak anymore cause I'm running iOS7 beta, but originally I had my jailbroken mobile hotspot app, but it was useless on Sprint's crappy 3G network

They looked up my zip which is Pendleton, but I live in the Anderson area off Liberty Hwy... I think the person on the phone was trolling me though... They did the same thing a few months back...

It's weird that the LTE popped up in Greenville "not complain what so ever!" But Anderson and Spartanburg were the ones listed as LTE sites

It's weird that the LTE popped up in Greenville "not complain what so ever!" But Anderson and Spartanburg were the ones listed as LTE sites

I know... I even dialed ##debug# to see if MAYBE it was tested then turned off... Nope... Nothing... Sprint rep strikes again... Trolled once again :-\ Sometimes I wonder if they just make crap up... :'(