Network Vision/LTE - South Carolina Market (Columbia/Greenville/Spartanburg)

wyndd123

Yea, not sure if you can see it at all. I Did get pictures to upload in NV sites complete thread, if you want look in that thread. Question: I tried to up load more picures of the same site in a different post in the same thread, but keep getting an a message about "global upload quota" . Is there a daily upload cap?

Not a daily limit, there is an life time limit. We don't have storage space enough to offer a lot to our members. Most members use a third party photo hosting, like imagur, photobucket, etc and just embed those photos in their posts. Even Tapatalk will give you up to 30 free photos using their app.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Not a daily limit, there is an life time limit. We don't have storage space enough to offer a lot to our members. Most members use a third party photo hosting, like imagur, photobucket, etc and just embed those photos in their posts. Even Tapatalk will give you up to 30 free photos using their app.

Okay. Dropbox can be used correct? I don't mean to sound dumb, but I will have to figure out how to embed pics. Thanks!

Okay. Dropbox can be used correct? I don't mean to sound dumb, but I will have to figure out how to embed pics. Thanks!

Yes, I use Dropbox. Like it better than the other hosting sites. Just drop it in your public folder, right click, copy public link.

Then paste that link here using the image button when you're posting. Or wrap it with [ img ] [ /img ] (whithout the spaces).

• Like 1

Yes, I use Dropbox. Like it better than the other hosting sites. Just drop it in your public folder, right click, copy public link.

Then paste that link here using the image button when you're posting. Or wrap it with [ img ] [ /img ] (whithout the spaces).

Thanks!! I hope this worked. I think these are nextel panels not sure?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51585144/2013-02-14%2016.42.12.jpg

Curious about where that is in Greenville. The towers near Greenville Memorial Hospital the past two weeks have been dropping data.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

This site in my picture is located in Berea besides Hamrick's and near the new QT 183 area. No one has comented on my pictures that are also in the sponsor thread. I will post more picture with this post, but i'm guessing that they are just old nextel panels due to a empty rack on the tower. The site you are refering to is behind the Wendy's across from GHS. I drive through that area often and never lost data unless i'm inside GHS, but I'm just driving through and not around that site for long. In the next few weeks luckly I will be in that area more, for work, and will keep a look out for the loss of data. What time of the day does this happen? Could be a capacity issue whice New Vision will fix. Inside the Hospital Verzion must have repeters, because I roam with full service when I get deep inside the building, Nextel worked great to which i'm sure they had repeters too due to a lot of EMS/police, and doctors using Direct conect. You need to become a sponcer to S4GRU! Its easy You get a lot of info, such as tower locations and New Vision / 4g lte update. There a lot of sites in the upstate that changes are coming to, its nice to see it and be able to know about them before anyone else. I live up near the nothern part of the upstate, "TR " which data loss and s l o w data speeds are a common thing for me. Luckly all of Greenville is'nt like this.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51585144/2013-02-14%2016.45.12.jpg Empty "rack"

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51585144/2013-02-14%2016.42.43.jpg NV equiment?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51585144/2013-02-16%2010.55.43.png

• Like 1

This site in my picture is located in Berea besides Hamrick's and near the new QT 183 area. No one has comented on my pictures that are also in the sponsor thread. I will post more picture with this post, but i'm guessing that they are just old nextel panels due to a empty rack on the tower. The site you are refering to is behind the Wendy's across from GHS. I drive through that area often and never lost data unless i'm inside GHS, but I'm just driving through and not around that site for long. In the next few weeks luckly I will be in that area more, for work, and will keep a look out for the loss of data. What time of the day does this happen? Could be a capacity issue whice New Vision will fix. Inside the Hospital Verzion must have repeters, because I roam with full service when I get deep inside the building, Nextel worked great to which i'm sure they had repeters too due to a lot of EMS/police, and doctors using Direct conect. You need to become a sponcer to S4GRU! Its easy You get a lot of info, such as tower locations and New Vision / 4g lte update. There a lot of sites in the upstate that changes are coming to, its nice to see it and be able to know about them before anyone else. I live up near the nothern part of the upstate, "TR " which data loss and s l o w data speeds are a common thing for me. Luckly all of Greenville is'nt like this.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51585144/2013-02-14%2016.45.12.jpg Empty "rack"

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51585144/2013-02-14%2016.42.43.jpg NV equiment?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51585144/2013-02-16%2010.55.43.png

I don't see anything that appears to be AlcaLu equipment in any of these pictures. Currently, all the work in Upstate is at GMO sites. GMO sites do not have any panel work.

However, the one base equipment pic you took was not of Sprint equipment. If you get a chance to take more pics of base equipment, I can check those for you. Thanks.

I don't see anything that appears to be AlcaLu equipment in any of these pictures. Currently, all the work in Upstate is at GMO sites. GMO sites do not have any panel work.

However, the one base equipment pic you took was not of Sprint equipment. If you get a chance to take more pics of base equipment, I can check those for you. Thanks.

]I will, along with another site that is my "home site" that has empty racks on the tower. I saw workers removing Panel on this site CR72XC130 also.

Correct me if im wrong GMO sites will not receive 4g in some cases, or 800 at all? So all the site for the upstate listed in in the mapping thread are GMO's? Have you got a list posted anywhere on which sites are GMOs?

]I will, along with another site that is my "home site" that has empty racks on the tower. I saw workers removing Panel on this site CR72XC130 also.

Correct me if im wrong GMO sites will not receive 4g in some cases, or 800 at all? So all the site for the upstate listed in in the mapping thread are GMO's? Have you got a list posted anywhere on which sites are GMOs?

Yes, for the most part. GMO's will not get 800 service until they are converted to full build sites at the end of the Network Vision program. We have maps in the Premier Sponsor section that show where GMO's are at in most markets, including South Carolina.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Yes, for the most part. GMO's will not get 800 service until they are converted to full build sites at the end of the Network Vision program. We have maps in the Premier Sponsor section that show where GMO's are at in most markets, including South Carolina.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

So my service at home will not improve that much if site CR72XC130 or CR03AW075 are GMO sites?

Also why do they need to remove old nextel panels on a tower? if this is what they are removing. Is the tower owner or the FCC making them remove them? Or is sprint still being charge to use this space on the tower. I'm sure its not for aesthetics reasons. :lol: Again if this is whats being removed off these's sites. On site CR72XC130 the panels look different than other panels around on other towers. I don't rember if they are the same panels that have been up for years, just recently I started look at cell towers. I will go take a picture today and post later today.

everything else other than AT&T's equipment is inside a building.

everything else other than AT&T's equipment is inside a building.

It is very uncommon for Sprint CDMA equipment to be inside a building, but it does happen occasionally. Maybe 1 out of 100 sites. Nextel iDEN base stations are usually inside though.

• 3 weeks later...
Anything new going on in the upstate SC? Seems like a lot started and was 3g accepted, now no to very few updates for the past month or so.

All the work to date in SC have been at GMO sites. They are just about wrapped up. There will not be any real activity until Full build sites start work in a few months.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

Anything new going on in the upstate SC? Seems like a lot started and was 3g accepted, now no to very few updates for the past month or so.

I was told by a Sprint rep that the tower in my area near GHS was updated for LTE services. She said that there was not LTE in the area yet, but what she understood about the process there were updates required to the towers before LTE was available. Especially if they were in a area that didn't have 4G.

Believe it or not....

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using TapaTalk

• Like 1

So far in Greenville i have no 4g and very slow to ok ish 3g data, my fastest 3g since i went back with sprint has been around 0.70mb down and even slower upload. Im ready for 4g, im going to Charlotte,NC in a few weeks for the Auto Fair and hopefully wil pick up 4g to play with it haha. Then back up there for the NASCAR museum and the 4 wide event at Zmaxx. I hope 4g is quick like everyone is saying. Its annoying that Verizon and ATT have there lte in Greenville but Sprint is on 3g :? I love my Note 2 but its kinda embarrassing when everyone's like "omg thats phones huge it must be fast" etc and it takes 10 min to load a page.

Today while i was at school waiting for class to start, outside sitting, and my 3g and signal would randomly just go away and a few minutes later would come back, then it would go away again like a tower is getting cut off and back on. Maybe they are starting to work on towers? Not sure but its annoying when that happens, i just hope they improve it, soon, 3g has been slow around here.

All the work to date in SC have been at GMO sites. They are just about wrapped up. There will not be any real activity until Full build sites start work in a few months.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

Does this mean that the GMO sites won't have LTE for now? I notice that just about all of them are 3G complete.

Does this mean that the GMO sites won't have LTE for now? I notice that just about all of them are 3G complete.

Some GMO sites can support LTE without new panels on the towers, but I don't believe we know which ones at this time. As long as the equipment is new enough, it should support it, assuming there is enough carrier space on the tower.

So, some GMO sites will have LTE, some will not. I don't know when or where it will start, perhaps Robert knows more.

So far in Greenville i have no 4g and very slow to ok ish 3g data, my fastest 3g since i went back with sprint has been around 0.70mb down and even slower upload. Im ready for 4g, im going to Charlotte,NC in a few weeks for the Auto Fair and hopefully wil pick up 4g to play with it haha. Then back up there for the NASCAR museum and the 4 wide event at Zmaxx. I hope 4g is quick like everyone is saying. Its annoying that Verizon and ATT have there lte in Greenville but Sprint is on 3g :? I love my Note 2 but its kinda embarrassing when everyone's like "omg thats phones huge it must be fast" etc and it takes 10 min to load a page.

I will warn you that the NASCAR Hall of Fame in uptown Charlotte you won't get much of a signal. Sprint knows about it, apparently it's been there for years and years. And we've never had 4G in Greenville, nowhere in SC got 4G.

I was told by a Sprint rep that the tower in my area near GHS was updated for LTE services. She said that there was not LTE in the area yet, but what she understood about the process there were updates required to the towers before LTE was available. Especially if they were in a area that didn't have 4G.

Believe it or not....

Sadly sprint reps. are very misinforming and are left in the dark by sprint about 4g service updates. I do think at times some reps say what you want hear. This location does not show anything on the maps to show progess toward new vision or LTE. I will tell you that S4GRU is the best place for infomation about lte timelines, and progress. I do think a higher up in sprint sould take notice of all the work that goes into this site to provide info that I personly think sprint should be providing for there customers. One time I went to the store on Woodruff rd, and a store rep told me that Greenville will not be getting LTE for a few years, but then went on to say that wimax 4g was being expanded into Greenville before LTE, I expressed my doubt with him! This was about 5 months ago.

I will warn you that the NASCAR Hall of Fame in uptown Charlotte you won't get much of a signal. Sprint knows about it, apparently it's been there for years and years. And we've never had 4G in Greenville, nowhere in SC got 4G.

Well im hoping to play with 4g lte while im up in Charlotte not just going to the NASCAR Hall of Fame only, hopefully a few more places. Once it warms up a decent bit down south haha.

Just wanted to add that I just got off the phone with two Sprint reps, which both confirmed that the green light date for 4G LTE in the Anderson/Pendleton area will be Apr 2... That you may see LTE as soon as next week, but the actual launch is set for the 2nd of next month...

Just wanted to add that I just got off the phone with two Sprint reps, which both confirmed that the green light date for 4G LTE in the Anderson/Pendleton area will be Apr 2... That you may see LTE as soon as next week, but the actual launch is set for the 2nd of next month...

let me know if this happens. A lot of those areas still show "in progress" for New vision 3g Acceptance. Become a spouncer and you can see what's going on.