Network Vision/LTE - South Carolina Market (Columbia/Greenville/Spartanburg)

wyndd123

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I left sprint a couple of years ago over poor reception. I work in downtown Columbia and back then Sprints building penetration was horrid. I think B26 was coming online but not making much of a difference.

While I don't miss Sprint's coverage I do miss their prices!

So, query: I assume a full rollout of band 26 would resolve my problems in downtown COLA, so is there anyone who spends time here who can update me on coverage? Thanks.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Hello everyone. I left sprint a couple of years ago over poor reception. I work in downtown Columbia and back then Sprints building penetration was horrid. I think B26 was coming online but not making much of a difference.

While I don't miss Sprint's coverage I do miss their prices!

So, query: I assume a full rollout of band 26 would resolve my problems in downtown COLA, so is there anyone who spends time here who can update me on coverage? Thanks.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I don't live in Colombia but if you're wondering what coverage should be like with a full B26 rollout, imagine LTE pretty much every where 3G was. When optimized, B26 should run -114 to -118 when 3G loses service.

• Like 1

It still needs densification; that is happening now. Small cells are popping up at the western end of the Myrtle Market in Florence. I found a new macro in Marion.

Coverage is just now changing inside established markets. Band 26 is on the majority of sites across SC, but crawls mostly due to use as capacity/to many users/lack of cells. I am on the lookout for coverage expansion to new areas but have not found it (much) yet.

If you travel inside the footprint now it is usable and improving slowly. Outside of native service is still difficult but LTE roaming and new sites will be needed to fix that of course. Should be getting better, quicker, by the summer or fall.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Riding around downtown area of anderson near the hospital had Band 41 with alittle 2 for a split second then it dropped got a LTE connection error signal dropped to none back to Band 26 which is going up and and dropping like the time they was putting LTE in our area

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Manage to get a Engineering screen shot from Debug BW-10Mhz usually 5 around here and weird it reports B4 i saw this one time they where building out in the Statesville/Mooresville NC area fcba335c58eaab0b3d571d70541f644a.jpg

Edited by jimmyray1990

Manage to get a Engineering screen shot from Debug BW-10Mhz usually 5 around here and weird it reports B4 i saw this one time they where building out in the Statesville/Mooresville NC area fcba335c58eaab0b3d571d70541f644a.jpg

B4 is AWS which sprint doesn't have...

Yeah i know its strange i saw the same thing in a area once it was getting B41 i know i saw some SBA techs at the tower we lease our land to for their Tower i am gonna walk down there in a bit they have Paneled the tower for B41 when they where working on 26 they put alot of Panels up and while they where Removing the Nextel section array reason they told me B41 is not on yet is cause of a Backhaul issue Verizon on the tower LTE is Microwaved from a company Called Conterra communications but the current for sprint atm is pulling from backhaul from AT&T which there is also a Charter Communication backhaul line also going to it last time i went down there and it was new when Charter redone all the Cable in our area

• Like 1

Yeah there was one then 2 in Greenville i remember seeing them on Clearwires coverage map but they was not active just got done talking with the SBA guy at the tower he looked at the GCI PCI and TAC numbers and he said that was their tower on E Whitner Street downtown and there was a upgrade work order open for it from Sprint been in Progress for 3 days now he was saying most of the towers around here SBA tower wise has the B41 Equipment but inactive due to backhaul issues like our tower he says when the backhaul issues gets fixed he said its as simple as cutting on the power switch to broadcast but he cant speak for Crown Castle which also owns alot around here

He also told me he does not know why Sprint wont microwave to these what he calls "Interstate towers" he says from Atlanta to Commerce Ga Exit 149 is Microwaved thru Conterra and its SBA towers he said there is about 13 towers of theirs that has B41 following I85 that can be easily Microwaved from that last tower with B41 in Commerce and he said Conterra is pretty good Verizon speedtest on our tower gets around 20 to 40mbs down and he said all of the towers along I85 are Microwaved and they never had a slowdown issue or anything and serve plenty of rural customers in this area of the upstate

• Like 1

Talked to the SBA tech again a network engineer was with him Sprint struck a Charter Comm backhaul deal for the Upstate he says it also includes Time Warner Cable areas which I am guessing includes Columbia and The Sandhills the tower I use they gonna start optimizing it over the next few weeks this is for SBA Communications towers and sites again he can't speak for Crown Castle and American towers SBA and those 2 are major tower companies in SC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

The network is loaded beach side. Traffic was heavy yesterday on the way out. Today a bit less as I believe any few remaining tourists have left. Word is Charleston is packed all the way out since the order was given to leave.

Our county is tomorrow afternoon, I am flying out to catch a metal show. My partner has the week off due to H. Mathew and is staying home, inland. We haven't seen much in preparation here by cellcos yet, but it is a day or two out and they usually will not deploy unless network damage is predicted/happens or until public safety asks for assistance.