Network Vision/LTE - South Carolina Market (Columbia/Greenville/Spartanburg)

wyndd123

Yep. 2/4/5/12 (and maybe 17) are in there for roaming purposes. If you want to prioritize that I'd probably say 4>2>5>12/17.

Nope.  12 was the only non-Sprint band listed in my phone, which is interesting because the phone itself is compatible with every LTE band currently used in the US.  And while on that thought, I don't think I've ever roamed in LTE for some reason.  I do head out into the boondocks occasionally and usually I roam on 3G only.

Edited by stanleywinthrop

Nope. 12 was the only non-Sprint band listed in my phone, which is interesting because the phone itself is compatible with every LTE band currently used in the US. And while on that thought, I don't think I've ever roamed in LTE for some reason. I do head out into the boondocks occasionally and usually I roam on 3G only.

I know a lot of areas around here in the Upstate are Roaming on AT&T now for LTE which this is a new thing happening I know I used it for a bit it did not count against my roaming data pool it's better than Verizon 1x roaming which sometimes never worked highest I hit in AT&T roaming has been 1mbps down which to me is better than nothing at least usable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone else with more expertise regarding android might be able to chime in, but I think that if you call Sprint and get your MSL code, you can change band priority on your phone…

Yeah it's in there but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't it will still connect to 25 regardless what u set 26 as 1 and 25 as 2

"Band Priority" does NOT affect which bands you are more likely to connect to. It changes the scanning order. If you set B25 as 1, it will scan B25 first. Once you are connected to the network, Band Priority no longer does anything, as the network determines which band you are best suited to connect to based on the information your device is able to report back.

• Like 1

"Band Priority" does NOT affect which bands you are more likely to connect to. It changes the scanning order. If you set B25 as 1, it will scan B25 first. Once you are connected to the network, Band Priority no longer does anything, as the network determines which band you are best suited to connect to based on the information your device is able to report back.

Ah. Thanks for the clarification. I am an iPhone user so this is not my area of expertise.

Ah ok. It just sucks that the network consistantly selects the wrong network at my office.

So I wonder how Sprint will roll out 41 in SC start with Major areas first like Columbia Greenville/Spartanburg/Anderson I mean Anderson would be fine if we had 10Mhz band 25 but seeing 41 would be awesome I mean anyone in here in the GSP area seen some 41?

So I wonder how Sprint will roll out 41 in SC start with Major areas first like Columbia Greenville/Spartanburg/Anderson I mean Anderson would be fine if we had 10Mhz band 25 but seeing 41 would be awesome I mean anyone in here in the GSP area seen some 41?

Next time you're transiting I-26, stop for lunch in the harbison area. Solid band 41. I've been getting 30-50 Mbps speeds, which blows anything I've ever seen on Bands 25 or 26 away.

Just a follow up on my B41 in Columbia I was only attached to 2 sites that SCP did not guess a band that fit the nokia mini macro B41 style. Both were near exit 9 I-77 one picked up 3 sectors so pretty sure about where that is and the other is just one sector so it would be a guess to where it would be. The different GCI for each sector makes it a pain to be sure though. It goes from 022A0731 to 022A3532 meaning there may be up to 10 sites live in the market some where to fill in the missing GCI.

Just a follow up on my B41 in Columbia I was only attached to 2 sites that SCP did not guess a band that fit the nokia mini macro B41 style. Both were near exit 9 I-77 one picked up 3 sectors so pretty sure about where that is and the other is just one sector so it would be a guess to where it would be. The different GCI for each sector makes it a pain to be sure though. It goes from 022A0731 to 022A3532 meaning there may be up to 10 sites live in the market some where to fill in the missing GCI.

Good to know I haven't been to Downtown Anderson for about going tomorrow anyone seen any band 41 around Greenville/Spartanburg areas yet?

Check out the Harbison area.  Definitely some Band 41 active in that area.

About average all around Anderson SC now it has gotten worse over the months come on Sprint 5Mhz on B26 and 25 is not cutting it give us at least 10mhz

B25 it's possible weither they have contiguous or if they don't then CA 25. Does the area your talking about have a 2nd B25 5x5? Unfortunately Sprint doesn't have the holdings for 10x10 on B26. I wish they did.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

B25 it's possible weither they have contiguous or if they don't then CA 25. Does the area your talking about have a 2nd B25 5x5? Unfortunately Sprint doesn't have the holdings for 10x10 on B26. I wish they did.

Only 1 carrier B25 5x5 so it's pretty congested

Edited by jimmyray1990

Only 1 carrier B25 5x5 so it's pretty congested

Dam I thought Sprint was doing that everywhere. Unless the area doesn't have enough to do it?

Dam I thought Sprint was doing that everywhere. Unless the area doesn't have enough to do it?

Anderson SC is pretty populated it's right up there with Greenville/Spartanburg it's pretty much the same market as GSP

Anderson SC is pretty populated it's right up there with Greenville/Spartanburg it's pretty much the same market as GSP

Yeah. I don't know what Sprint 1900mhz holdings is there.

We have enough spectrum in SC for 2 carriers. Why they will not update the software side, on equipment built in 2012 and installed in 2014 I have no idea.

Yeah. I don't know what Sprint 1900mhz holdings is there.

We have enough spectrum in SC for 2 carriers. Why they will not update the software side, on equipment built in 2012 and installed in 2014 I have no idea.

Unless they have contigous holdings and are waiting on a update.

Good to know I haven't been to Downtown Anderson for about going tomorrow anyone seen any band 41 around Greenville/Spartanburg areas yet?

I haven't seen any Band 41 in Greenville. My wife and I were on Woodruff Road Shopping today and she complained that the internet was slow on her iPhone 7. I would be surprised if Greenville doesn't get band 41 this fiscal year. I have also been to Clemson Blvd in Anderson and y'all need it badly. Basically, unusable. If Sprint could just deployed it in congested areas that would be enough. I get pretty good speeds in the suburban areas around the Upstate.

I haven't seen any Band 41 in Greenville. My wife and I were on Woodruff Road Shopping today and she complained that the internet was slow on her iPhone 7. I would be surprised if Greenville doesn't get band 41 this fiscal year. I have also been to Clemson Blvd in Anderson and y'all need it badly. Basically, unusable. If Sprint could just deployed it in congested areas that would be enough. I get pretty good speeds in the suburban areas around the Upstate.

Yeah Clemson Blvd and ever Downtown Clemson is nothing but Timeouts I did a speed test in Clemson I couldn't even get a complete but knock it down to 3G u get around 1mbps lol what I usually do in those areas and we need it bad but out laying areas are fine

Band 41 is while not fast is starting to come up In places that don't have it. Some hopefully soon.

I did not see any B41 in the Lexington area of Columbia north to the east side of Lake Murray.  I did see another possible tower in the Hollywood Hills area north Columbia(022A2831/022A2932). I also picked up 022A3431 going up US-21 which is a good distance from where I found 022A3532 which was between I-77 exit 10 and exit 9. The PCIs are one off so strong connection that they are one site somewhere covering at least 3 miles in each direction(~6.8 miles in between the two points).

So I have 022A0731/022A0832/022A0933, 022A2831/022A2932, 022A3431/022A3532 so at least 3 sites in my logs so far.

I know the last update to Sensorly got IPhone mapping (finally apple must let them have access to the Phone API) 9b841fbd464b52a0a0a6bb04a5708a33.png

Been mapping the area around here starting to look good used to be blank on LTE around this area

• Like 2

I know the last update to Sensorly got IPhone mapping (finally apple must let them have access to the Phone API) 9b841fbd464b52a0a0a6bb04a5708a33.png

Been mapping the area around here starting to look good used to be blank on LTE around this area

is that new?

is that new?

Sensorly has been out forever but it used to not be able to map trips using IPhone but now apparently it can since it has access to the API for signal strength and type

• Like 1