Network Vision/LTE - South Carolina Market (Columbia/Greenville/Spartanburg)

wyndd123

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1392577766933.jpg

Was at Wal-Mart today, -90 ish dBm. I guess that's better than 3g. I wonder if the tower just hasn't had backhaul yet, also if a tower dose not have back haul will it have a stronger signal(more range) once it has full back haul and calibrated?

Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

No, sites do not go live without the appropriate backhaul in place. It is possible that the carrier on that site is overloaded. It will help when all sites in the are live, and the additional LTE bands have been brought online. 

No, sites do not go live without the appropriate backhaul in place. It is possible that the carrier on that site is overloaded. It will help when all sites in the are live, and the additional LTE bands have been brought online.

It's gonna be a long time before I see spark in my area. I have notice my signal would totally drop and data will to for about 5 to 10 seconds then come back. Its been doing that more in the past few days. Even my dad on boost has had issues with signal but as far as I can tell there aren't any tickets open right now. I'm hoping all the issues mean upgrades to towers and optimizing them.

Here's hoping definitely!

All the towers around my area are LTE live, except for the one covering my home. Yay for my awesome luck :P

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

That's almost the season with me, sensorly shows lte very close to me but have yet to pick it up at home. At work I have to step outside since I work in a metal building and then it's only 1 or 2 bars.

They keep giving me mixed answers, and it's getting on my nerves. First it's in the process of converting over, and now it's not until late spring or early summer they'll begin work on it... -_- ffs

They keep giving me mixed answers, and it's getting on my nerves. First it's in the process of converting over, and now it's not until late spring or early summer they'll begin work on it... -_-

Ugh sorry for the triple post.. I was trying to edit my first post, but for some reason Tapatalk won't let me.. Ended up slipping up and accidentally quoting it lol.

Please delete the latter two posts

They keep giving me mixed answers, and it's getting on my nerves. First it's in the process of converting over, and now it's not until late spring or early summer they'll begin work on it... -_- ffs

Yeah it's aggravating me more and more when I'll randomly drop all data and voice for a few seconds maybe 10 at the most and it will come back like nothing's wrong. So far tonight at work I'll drop everything for a few minutes and then it will come back. I don't know if this is my phone or the network, I don't remember my old note 2 doing this at all. Maybe it has something to do with me having a tri-band phone Idk. I just hope it improves by summer time.

Yeah it's aggravating me more and more when I'll randomly drop all data and voice for a few seconds maybe 10 at the most and it will come back like nothing's wrong. So far tonight at work I'll drop everything for a few minutes and then it will come back. I don't know if this is my phone or the network, I don't remember my old note 2 doing this at all. Maybe it has something to do with me having a tri-band phone Idk. I just hope it improves by summer time.

This is exactly what is happening on my new Galaxy Mega -- I see you mentioned your "old Note 2".. what are you using now?  I wasn't having this problem on my Galaxy S4 -- I am not sure if I am getting this due to ( a ) Network issues (they are going crazy on 800 here right now)    ( b ) A phone problem   or    ( c ) A tri-band issue....

This is exactly what is happening on my new Galaxy Mega -- I see you mentioned your "old Note 2".. what are you using now? I wasn't having this problem on my Galaxy S4 -- I am not sure if I am getting this due to ( a ) Network issues (they are going crazy on 800 here right now) ( b ) A phone problem or ( c ) A tri-band issue....

Well old note 2 as in my old phone before my g2. I'm kinda leaning towards tri-band or network some, sometimes I think the phone tries to connect to lte when there's a weak signal but enough to make the phone think it can switch but then says nope not a good signal and goes back to 3g. I'd be thrilled to see any kind of 800 but if I even get a. 0001% band 41 or 26 I'm gonna be happier than a Asian school girl lol.

Well old note 2 as in my old phone before my g2. I'm kinda leaning towards tri-band or network some, sometimes I think the phone tries to connect to lte when there's a weak signal but enough to make the phone think it can switch but then says nope not a good signal and goes back to 3g. I'd be thrilled to see any kind of 800 but if I even get a. 0001% band 41 or 26 I'm gonna be happier than a Asian school girl lol.

That makes sense... I have an LTE site about 7 miles away... And I wonder if my signal booster and that site are causing my phone to do exactly what you are saying... That and an 1x800 site that I keep switch to and from... And a neighbors 2.5 airave... And my 2.0 airave... And two other 1x1900 sites around 5 miles away...

Oh and I was confused because your profile still shows Note 2, just FYI...

Yeah I need to change that haha, but yeah I rarely get lte that's why I'm guessing that, I can get a bar or two if I'm at work outside or if I'm at cherrydale or white horse rd I'll have lte and as far as I know I haven't seen it go out then come back like 3g dose.

Yeah I need to change that haha, but yeah I rarely get lte that's why I'm guessing that, I can get a bar or two if I'm at work outside or if I'm at cherrydale or white horse rd I'll have lte and as far as I know I haven't seen it go out then come back like 3g dose.

After some thought, I am not thinking it is the LTE search thing -- because I tried to set my phone to CDMA only and it still did the quick drop thing (if LTE is disabled, it shouldn't search for it)... So I am thinking it is a combination of my Airave (2.0), my neighbors (Airave 2.5) being picked up quite strongly through my signal booster, and the weak 1x800 signal I am getting in the area... 

After some thought, I am not thinking it is the LTE search thing -- because I tried to set my phone to CDMA only and it still did the quick drop thing (if LTE is disabled, it shouldn't search for it)... So I am thinking it is a combination of my Airave (2.0), my neighbors (Airave 2.5) being picked up quite strongly through my signal booster, and the weak 1x800 signal I am getting in the area...

I'll have to test it with lte disabled and see if it still drops. I'm wondering if it's a phone software issue or radio software issue kinda thing.

I can't so far at least still say on CDMA only it still disconnects for a few seconds then reconnects.

Sorry for double post but I can't seem to edit my post on tapatalk, don't see the edit button.

Anyway sorry for the bad spell correction in the first post. I have been using cdma only and still have the issue where it would drop data and voice then a few seconds later come back. Its not as frequent as the lte/cdma mode but still present. I'm puzzled now in what it could be.

• Like 1