Network Vision/LTE - South Carolina Market (Columbia/Greenville/Spartanburg)

wyndd123

Any new updates in our Upstate market I know I see alot of B26 (especially in Rural areas of Anderson County which I know pretty much every tower used to have Nextel around here) which runs better than 25 on 25 get around 9mbps 26 about 14 to 16mbps down and any B41 sightings in the Upstate? And about the only time I hit 3G if the road or Interstate drops down like 85 over Hartwell lake but I am guessing the Panel's are not Aimed

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Edited by jimmyray1990

Dang not even Greenville/Spartanburg/Clemson yet? I would kinda figure since those are major markets I think reason I am getting higher speeds I am on a tower that nobody hardly uses its in the middle no where

Nope fastest I've seen around Greenville myself was 18mbps. Just ran a quick test at got 5.5mbps down. That's what I've been averaging for the past few months. To me sprint has slowed down and some areas have fallen behind. Moonville I get 3g at best if a signal at all. Lake Hartwell I roam half the time when I'm down there for work, elberton is worse.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Yeah it seems like the South end of the lake towards the Dam is obsolete Elberton GA is like Iva SC people live there but sprint has no service there they are towers in Iva but they are owned by Verizon which I know infact the one in Iva used to be Alltel but now VZW since the conversion I am guessing it's the same for most of the area down below the Dam

Hopefully at least around Urban and we get Carrier Aggregation which I think will do well in this region cause it's mostly flat but I do miss Alltel roaming at least they gave us EVDO but now it's 1xrtt since VZW and Alltel hardly ever reported Roaming to sprint cause I remember back then looking at my usage it never went against the roaming allotment

Hey folks, when did you notice band 26 come online? Towards the strand we got it mostly in winter/spring of 2014. We still have several 3g only GMO's waiting for conversion along the south strand. We had one converted at the MYR airport finally last week to at least band 25, I have yet to confirm if GMO or full build. We have one GMO LTE site(band 25 only) by me in Conway but that is it for about 40 miles and it came online in '14 as well.

We have no band 41 sightings here. No Nextel conversions either from sites that were previously taken offline that were not co-located. I recently took a nice trip to visit 4 of these Nextel only sites and it was lots of 1x VZW roaming as well. I am gonna put a nice write up in première about that this week, but other than that one at the jetport it has been dead for 2 years here.

I have been unable to get upstate myself to see progress but I hope it is coming along, as you folks mentioned above there are many areas of no service that could sure use the competition and offer a nice chance to grab new market share. From what you shared above your area mostly mirrors the experience here. Lots of slow going. Hope it picks up soon! We sure need infill and expansion.

I have viewed the map and see some 41 creeped in from CLT market when it was first rolled out but I assume this was the low hanging fruit such as clear conversions, has anyone been able to use the few areas we have 41 in SC, or is it the unicorn filled dragonegg grotto I imagine it to be?

Thanks for sharing your experiences, hope everyone has a good day.

I seen b26 about a two months after I bought my HTC one m8 on release day. I just happen to wake up and look at signal check pro and bam it said LTE 800. It was quick at first not it seems to have slowed down

• Like 1

Yeah and mostly if u look at towers they have old Nextel stuff on them and it's easy to spot a IDEN cell on a tower I see them everywhere that has not been converted they just overhauled the major ones along highways

They are easy to spot it will be the one that has really Small panels I can go right to 6 of them in Anderson that are just sitting there and VZW Tmo and ATT has their big ole LTE panels and there is a Inactive Nextel one there just chilling

• Like 1

I seen b26 about a two months after I bought my HTC one m8 on release day. I just happen to wake up and look at signal check pro and bam it said LTE 800. It was quick at first not it seems to have slowed down

will the remaining GMO sites in sprints markets get converted eventually or decomissioned if they cant be upgraded

At the intersection of Whitehall Rd Clemson Blvd and Concord on Anderson I went for orientation they where people up on that tower while waiting my phone lost signal dropped to 3G connected to 41 for a split second and went to 26 I was about to screenshot it! But it went away fast! And when I pulled up SCP it said 41x2 unless my 6P is being crazy and LTE is down out here in West Anderson County at exit 11 and 14 along I85 it is a Microwaved LTE tower same as the one on exit 14

a13859f20ac5a78fe6fd9bcfa8493d9a.jpg

Just snapped this is the exit 11 townville tower look someone is at the top

Edited by jimmyray1990

I took a trip up to Columbia last night, no sign of 41 here yet either, and no sign of small cells. I turned off band 26 on the way up to make hunting a bit easier, gonna turn it back on as I am headed back now. I'll double check logs when I get home. 

More details!?

Yes sir, I updated the première map to reflect this find; but have been unable to add comments and details yet. Due to just breaking loose from work. I will add my usual textwall of wit and horrid spelling when I get home in a bit and get settled.

• Like 1

More details!?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6270-myrtle-beach-market-premiereband-26-band-41-discussionmaps/page-5&do=findComment&comment=474286

It's at the bottom of this book I posted if you didn't see it yet sir.

Hope this is what we are looking for. Feel free to share w the whole gang if it looks good.