Network Vision/LTE - South Carolina Market (Columbia/Greenville/Spartanburg)

wyndd123

Dang this is new never got a 20mbps test from my tower usually it's 9 to 10mbps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decent! Are you folks seeing L2500 yet? No band 41 at the beach yet. Maybe wider band 25 channels if not. Great results.

9b3351792201c439d6069abc0d0eaaf3.jpgthis is new those panels on top of the water tower used to not be there the tower behind it used to have 4 sections one disappeared and went on top of the water tower sprint is suppose to be moving some locations to Government land areas if I remember reading right?

39e14f418bbdde5c9527de5f9849d3e1.jpg Non sprint related I know for sure 100% this a AT&T tower it's off of Hwy 24 in Townville it started from Bellsouth Mobility guess it was a AMPS tower then Sold to Cingular then sold to Alltell then to VZW then back to AT&T mobility but these old towers they built them really sturdy lol thing looks like it can withstand a nuclear weapon

Anyone notice getting kicked to Band 25 more often the past few days? I think our market is getting a little too congested

71ed43f9ab88faf8644d6c09f6f6bc63.png recent speed test on 26 they are amazing

Edited by jimmyray1990
  • Like 1

Anyone notice getting kicked to Band 25 more often the past few days? I think our market is getting a little too congested 71ed43f9ab88faf8644d6c09f6f6bc63.png recent speed test on 26 they are amazing

How are you confirming the band? Are you sure your not connecting to either B41 or a second B25 carrier?

Snip

It could be location and the usual variables such as distance, fade. I agree it is getting or is full here as well. We get some help with COW's in the summer, we even had a band 41 COW for about 3 weeks. The optometrist in me wants to see 20/20*. The optimist in me wants to say it was testing for 20 days*. The engineer in me wants to see 20+20MHz  B)  

Those speeds seem pretty usable though. Band 26 here is full about any given time, so treasure those speeds. We also lost our WiMAX site today. Maybe we will get something online soon for band 41 since they are for license protection, ya know, use it or lose it. Keep an eye out in your area and thanks for contributing. Were you able to confirm band 41 there yet?

*I have no training as an optometrist or optimist.

• Like 1

I know I am glad we have at least B26 I remember when it was only B25 so many gaps but at the same time 3G was useable cause of NV and still is but sprint needs to think they gonna have all these new people they going have to up capacity cause going to Anderson during peak times it barely gets over a megabyte or just plain times out on both bands it's sad

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

smallcellcvsmaudinsc.jpg

butlerrdmauldinsc.jpg

I saw 3 different Small Cells being put up in Mauldin, SC today. Not sure if they are Sprint's but noticed all 3 are in the public right away. Butler RD in Mauldin near Spinx, Publix, Bi-Lo, and CVS.

• Like 2

I saw 3 different Small Cells being put up in Mauldin, SC today. Not sure if they are Sprint's but noticed all 3 are in the public right away. Butler RD in Mauldin near Spinx, Publix, Bi-Lo, and CVS.

Great find! Let us know if you get service or can identify them. I have seen permitting begin just recently; this would be fast. Awesome work getting these.

I am starting to see random poles just like those go up around Anderson especially around Clemson Blvd nothing on them yet but I will keep a eye out on them I was wondering what the heck it could be especially around intersections

Also quick Edit:

Are these small cells just gonna be for LTE only or 1Xvoice/LTE extensions? Or are they just going to act like a repeater from a BSL and if that is the case they will not help with capacity problems

Edited by jimmyray1990
  • Like 1

Yup, looks like Airspan AirHarmony B41 equipment! Nice find!

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/7561-band-41-small-cells-airspan/

Yiissssssss!

It's happening.

I read Aiken passed second reading of Mobilitie becoming a telecom provider in the city. Looks like your area is getting some attention. North Myrtle just signed a 25 year contract with them as well. I have been tracking the permitting across our state and this has happened quite efficiently, I have to say. If this is as wide spread as it is starting out to be we will have a great network inside the native footprint.

We have a lot of rural area here in SC, I was curious the effect and depth of a small cell rollout given the high frequencies and displacement of the population. It seems to be coming along just fine. Considering we were passed for a wide scale band 41 deployment on  macro sites for larger markets, I can take this as a solution to capacity if they complete this with deep density, not say place one where an actual macro should go and skip the rest of that localized cell. That does not appear to be the case so far.

I am really looking forward to following this deployment. Thanks for keeping tabs in your area and sharing, keep up the good work folks. 

Yup, looks like Airspan AirHarmony B41 equipment! Nice find!

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/7561-band-41-small-cells-airspan/

I'm not sure if that is what we are seeing here. Those were expected to be used in Samsung markets, Nokia should be handling this area. We'll have to see if any more equipment goes up on that pole, as it stands now it does not have enough equipment on it to identify. 

I want to say I am impressed with Sprint I have not seen 3G in 2 weeks even in low laying areas

Have you had a chance to take more pics of the poles going up so we can see the rest of the equipment on them.

Have you had a chance to take more pics of the poles going up so we can see the rest of the equipment on them.

When I get back to the area they where in I will take pics of them last time I saw them they just had boxes on the pole didn't have a antenna on top of it yet like the one the person took in Greenville

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh and here is a picture of these poles showing up in Anderson everywhere especially where decommissioning is happening 51d4698950236ba7334e7384cd71307f.jpg

These poles are around this decommissioned tower 2d3cc17523f3bd5725a62f934ea10df6.jpg

Edited by jimmyray1990
  • Like 1

Sprint socked it to another Crown Castle tower this has been 2 I have seen one was a American Towers and this CC tower and decommissioned used to get full bars but now only 3 here

Is that a current picture? The Sprint equipment is still there. 

Oh and here is a picture of these poles showing up in Anderson everywhere especially where decommissioning is happening 51d4698950236ba7334e7384cd71307f.jpg

These poles are around this decommissioned tower 2d3cc17523f3bd5725a62f934ea10df6.jpg

Those poles are very tall and look just like the ones that Mobilitie used in Akron, OH. https://goo.gl/photos/96cExrbNNzntjcAP7

I was told the poles were installed 1-2 months before the equipment appeared. But it could be faster now that they're ramping up deployment.

Sent from my Pixel XL