Network Vision/LTE - South Carolina Market (Columbia/Greenville/Spartanburg)

wyndd123

Look like LTE is up in and around the Graystone Blvd area of Columbia... Not that you would know it from S4GRU as #1 The site isn't even on their map and #2 The map is 3 days old. smh

Are you really complaining about the map being only 3 days "out of date"?  Really?  If you haven't read it yet, Robert is just a touch busy -- but even if he wasn't -- 3 days?  I would LOVE to call Sprint and ask them to deactivate your LTE so that it is "accurate" on the map for you.

If I mis-read your post please disregard.  Long day, including BS customer complaints.

• Like 1

Are you really complaining about the map being only 3 days "out of date"?  Really?  If you haven't read it yet, Robert is just a touch busy -- but even if he wasn't -- 3 days?  I would LOVE to call Sprint and ask them to deactivate your LTE so that it is "accurate" on the map for you.

If I mis-read your post please disregard.  Long day, including BS customer complaints.

I dont know who Robert is. Sorry. Last few weeks the updates were very good.  Still, no one can answer why so many sites are missing from the Columbia Market.... Not trying to piss anyone off, just asking.

I dont know who Robert is. Sorry. Last few weeks the updates were very good.  Still, no one can answer why so many sites are missing from the Columbia Market.... Not trying to piss anyone off, just asking.

He is the owner of this site.  He does this for fun, not for you or me or money.

What do you mean by "so many sites are missing"?  He updates the maps in the sponsor section several times a week -- and posts a summary of that in the markets section when he does so.  There might be some live LTE sites around you that he doesn't know about yet or has a list that he hasn't posted yet... Or there might be some accepted sites on the map that haven't gone live yet, but what it really comes down to is his map gives you a good idea of where there is LTE or 800 etc -- but is by no means a definitive guide.

He is the owner of this site. He does this for fun, not for you or me or money.

What do you mean by "so many sites are missing"? He updates the maps in the sponsor section several times a week -- and posts a summary of that in the markets section when he does so. There might be some live LTE sites around you that he doesn't know about yet or has a list that he hasn't posted yet... Or there might be some accepted sites on the map that haven't gone live yet, but what it really comes down to is his map gives you a good idea of where there is LTE or 800 etc -- but is by no means a definitive guide.

Sites are missing as in are in physical existence but not marked on the map in any way.

On the Rich Man's HTC, sipping moonshine.

Sites are missing as in are in physical existence but not marked on the map in any way.

then that means it has not been reported as 3G or 4G or 800 updated yet.  Am I still missing the point?

If they are not on the master list that shows all sites -- then it is a new site (but that is very very rare)....

then that means it has not been reported as 3G or 4G or 800 updated yet. Am I still missing the point?

If they are not on the master list that shows all sites -- then it is a new site (but that is very very rare)....

From what iden was saying, there's a tower on Greystone Blvd that is 4G live that isn't currently marked on the map at all. Could be because Robert has not had a chance to update since it went live or somehow some towers are falling through the cracks.

There was tower just up the road from my house I had to post in the in progress thread to have it marked on the map.

I guess the question is, are all tower marked on the map in some way regardless of update status or do they just show up once they're at least have the 3G updates completed.

From what iden was saying, there's a tower on Greystone Blvd that is 4G live that isn't currently marked on the map at all. Could be because Robert has not had a chance to update since it went live or somehow some towers are falling through the cracks.

I guess the question is, are all tower marked on the map in some way regardless of update status or do they just show up once they're at least have the 3G updates completed.

I understand it as this:  all sites at some time get "officially" marked as done -- and Robert gets that list -- and it makes it on the map.  Can be on the map but not yet "live" or can be "live" but not yet "complete" (on list).

How about the rock hill area ? I mean there is a site listed as " in progress" for it least the last month or two.

That area has to be rolling any time now... Rock Hill is in the Charlotte market I thought... if so, they do not have much left to do there for the first round... if it is in the SC market, that market (well this market since we are in that thread) is rocking and rolling right now...

Yeah I noticed rock hill is considered part of the charlotte market but charlotte is basically done with the lte rollout and rock hill has yet to begin any upgrades what so ever. It's annoying considering rock hill is actually one of the bigger cities in South Carolina .. More people live here then in Greenville !

Correct.. Many sites in the core of columbia are NOT on the map,  And some out in the burbs... Look at the map of columbia.. zoom in.. the town is bare.. Forest and beltline, assembly on the va building... The one by me on avondale....Graystone... Bush river...  Claire towers.. Five points... By the stadium.... Vista.... Risley rd... Allen University.. 126 and huger.....Weco by S Brown Street...Timberlake.. I could go on.....

LTE coverage stops about 300 yards from my house. This sucks. And its my luck that this would happen I have been waiting for LTE and looks like I want get it on LTE 1900 . Guess I will have to wait on a tri band device and LTE 800, or I might need to move red pastures. LOL

• Like 1

AHAHHAHAHAHAH!!! :-D Yup... I'm totally using your rom :-D How in the world did you find this post? Are you around this area?

Just happened to catch my eye when I was cruising the latest posts on Tapatalk.

• Like 2