Network Vision/LTE - South Carolina Market (Columbia/Greenville/Spartanburg)

wyndd123

Spotted an Ericsson Truck this morning. Missed the access road to a tower so he pulled a U-ey to get to the tower on 378 near the intersection of Botanical Parkway and 378 in West Columbia. Good signs for my immediate area!

On the rich man's HTC, sipping on some Moonshine.

for those of you that have seen 4gLTE lighting up in and around Columbia, can you denote where you've seen it. has anyone seen any near and around West Columbia/Oak Grove area?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Closest to that area I know of is out Emanuel Church Rd and also near the intersection of I77 and I26.

On the rich man's HTC, sipping on some Moonshine.

• Like 1

I actually live near Emanual Church Road. I have seen my 4G come on and go off and return to 3G and at time, I have virutally no service at all. I sure hope this is an indication that we are about to get the switch flipped. That would be terrific.

Sent using my Galaxy Note 2

Anyone have anything for Anderson? I've still got a wimax phone so I can't check for myself. I may check sensorly in a bit, but it's 6am and I'm too tired to look.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 4

The tower off of exit 14 (Pendleton) was lit up over the weekend... Which I believe brings LTE to Tri-County Tech... But... Still nothing in Anderson... Supposedly they are lighting the two towers up Friday that they have been working on... We'll see...

• Like 1

The tower off of exit 14 (Pendleton) was lit up over the weekend... Which I believe brings LTE to Tri-County Tech... But... Still nothing in Anderson... Supposedly they are lighting the two towers up Friday that they have been working on... We'll see...

At least that's progress. I appreciate the info.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 4

The Greer area is starting to light up as well!

Do you know if anyone has been able to connect to the tower on 29 between Greer and Duncan? I was over there the other day and I couldn't get any LTE then all of sudden I got it for a split second then it was gone. I know this was one of the first towers to turn on here in the upstate but I haven't had much luck with it. I've been connecting to the one on 29 near Wellford every morning. 

As of 10:00 this morning, the tower in Mauldin (29662) near the intersection of Butler Road and 276 has LTE live. I tested using my Kyocera Torque with both the Speedtest.net app and testmy.net . Both read about 17 down, 10 up. I don't use Sensorly but someone could drive through if they were so inclined.

Hey does anyone know if the tower is Berea near White Horse Rd is working? I'm going to be working about 1 mile from there on Saturday and was wondering if I'll be getting any LTE coverage.

I have been getting some weak and slow 4g at Dave's restaurant Around maybe 2 Mbps down and half that up was last I got it don't know what tower though, I know cherrydale has 4g but don't know how far it reaches.

I saw the LTE signal pop up when driving down I-26 passing Piney Grove and St. Andrews in Columbia.  Good to see the progress...hoping they get some LTE on the NE side of Columbia.  My phone switches between 2G and 3G when I'm at work in Blythewood a lot on cloudy/rainy days.

I mapped out a good bit of the Mauldin area this afternoon. That site is particularly strong. -53 dbm LTE signal strength about .2 of a mile away. That's the highest I've ever seen it go thus far.

• Like 2

The tower by hamricks is 4g LTE but not up 100% imo I got 14 down amd 5 up sitting next to it in parking lot also its reach is not that good I don't get it a t home which sucks I use my phone for 90% of my internet use and it's barely usable to say the least.