Network Vision/LTE - South Carolina Market (Columbia/Greenville/Spartanburg)

wyndd123

Ok it randomly dropped and asked my dad and he don't have data either I'm on WiFi right now just hope this gets upgraded faster than is said

Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

Tech support was no help. They are saying 24 to 72 hours. Makes you think what could be? Cold weather LOL? Maybe we are about to have some 800 service.

I have data back (for) now l, I did notice slower let on white horse rd today when I tested it. Maybe the late coverage will improve over this upgrade period.

800 lte...... don't make me drool early greenvillesc Haha but there's always hope and unknowns.

Edited by ghostkilla1388

Hoping that this network vision help coverage, especially in buildings. If there weren't trees in the day I probably could see the closest tower to me about a mile away. So far I have decent 3g at my work which is good.

Been getting alerts from Signal Check Pro about 1x 800 coverage in the Columbia area. Phone seems to treat it like a roaming condition as it tries to cycle to a different tower or frequency so it may have pretty low priority in the PRL.

AJCola dose your Sprint zone app under my device, then dashboard, then voice network say any tickets like the one I posted a pic of the other day? I looked at a friend's Sprint gs3 and it had nothing under it for network upgrades but I have noticed it has been better than usual. The ticket is supposed to be closed tomorrow as far as a voice and data issue and the network vision ticket also, I'll keep y'all posted of it dose and if I see an improvement.

My voice coverage has gotten better but no 800 yet, although I wish I could say the same for data. Although my 3g speeds have been fluctuating, sometimes over 1.5mbps others barely 0.05mbps. I still yet to find out who's new tower is going up on ceader lane road near riverside family restaurant, a cross from it actually.

SprintFreeMsg: Over the next month the new network will be largely completed in your area making it better than ever! http://sprint.us/network1 Reply S to stop

Woke up to this earlier today. According to them it'll be two months late, but better late than never lol.. Excited.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

My voice coverage has gotten better but no 800 yet, although I wish I could say the same for data. Although my 3g speeds have been fluctuating, sometimes over 1.5mbps others barely 0.05mbps. I still yet to find out who's new tower is going up on ceader lane road near riverside family restaurant, a cross from it actually. Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

that's a cleartalk tower.

Cleartalk? I'm gonna have to look them up never heard of them. I was hoping it was a Sprint tower. Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

It's a prepaid provider - I.... Think...

On an unrelated note, the tower just off 378 in West Columbia across from the Jersey Mike's is now LTE live.

Not as fast as I'd expect, but faster than 3G. I mapped I-26 to Downtown on Sensorly this afternoon as well. Didn't get a gap in LTE even on my HTC ONE that is notorious for lack luster LTE reception.

post-15449-0-11015900-1391548680_thumb.png

It's a prepaid provider - I.... Think...

On an unrelated note, the tower just off 378 in West Columbia across from the Jersey Mike's is now LTE live.

Not as fast as I'd expect, but faster than 3G. I mapped I-26 to Downtown on Sensorly this afternoon as well. Didn't get a gap in LTE even on my HTC ONE that is notorious for lack luster LTE reception.

That's plenty fast! That's 8.95 Mbps. Maybe it'd help to switch from kilobytes per second to megabits per second in the app.

AJCola dose your Sprint zone app under my device, then dashboard, then voice network say any tickets like the one I posted a pic of the other day? I looked at a friend's Sprint gs3 and it had nothing under it for network upgrades but I have noticed it has been better than usual. The ticket is supposed to be closed tomorrow as far as a voice and data issue and the network vision ticket also, I'll keep y'all posted of it dose and if I see an improvement.

I'm not running a Sprint / Samsung Touchwiz ROM so I cannot answer for those applications.  However, the following link should display the same information you are asking about.  Not much regarding NV of late for me.  Have dropped calls now and previously may have been tower under upgrades.

http://zone.sprint.com/servicetrender/getstatus?mdn=[Yournumberhere]

Note:  Your post was difficult to read and was thus skipped after several English errors.

That's plenty fast! That's 8.95 Mbps. Maybe it'd help to switch from kilobytes per second to megabits per second in the app.

File size is in bytes... I like the math better to see it in kilobytes.

But, compared to this result I pulled from tower CR04AW453 just down the road from this new tower, it's about 66% slower.

Posted Image

Sent from my Rooted HTC ONE running ViperOne 3.5.

You are getting awesome speeds. 23Mbps! I just think that in measuring internet speeds, megabits per second is the standard. In measuring file download speed, we look at kilobytes per second or megabytes per second because we know how large the file we are downloading is.

File size is in bytes... I like the math better to see it in kilobytes.

But, compared to this result I pulled from tower CR04AW453 just down the road from this new tower, it's about 66% slower.

Posted Image

Sent from my Rooted HTC ONE running ViperOne 3.5.

You can use Bytes over Bits for your personal use. But please don't post screen shots here in Bytes. It confuses people, because everyone else posts in bits. And it gives the impression that Sprint's speeds are slow, when in reality 23Mbps is a very good result on a 5MHz carrier. And I can tell you everyone who has ever posted here a screen shot from another provider did so using bits. Thanks.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro