Network Vision/LTE - South Carolina Market (Columbia/Greenville/Spartanburg)

wyndd123

Glad to see the LTE is continuing to grow in the Spartanburg area, at my house I'm still getting good LTE and now on the drive to work today I had LTE for 70% of the ride over, which is a vast improvement from yesterday as I had it for about 25% of the ride. Keep it coming! Also got a bit of LTE the other day near Westgate Mall, got 22mbps download. 

• Like 2

I live in rock hill sc and this city has been left behind in network vision upgrades. It seems like everywhere but rock hill is getting some sort of network vision upgrade . Does anybody have any information on when my city is next ? Rock hill sc 29730

I live in rock hill sc and this city has been left behind in network vision upgrades. It seems like everywhere but rock hill is getting some sort of network vision upgrade . Does anybody have any information on when my city is next ? Rock hill sc 29730

Download the Sensorly app and look. Just because it's not announced doesn't mean that they aren't testing it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using TapaTalk 4

I always check sensorly. Once again , NO UPGRADES IN ROCK HIL.

They do seem to have left ya'll behind in Rock Hill.  Working all around you.  I can not imagine it being much longer.  I believe you have some in progress sites out that way, too...

I was getting 4G at Ray Hopkins gym in Mauldin but it disappeared before I got past the strip of stores towards I-385 on E Butler Rd. Looking at the tower map at Sprint, I'm guessing that's where you switch to the tower near the 85/385 intersection. Does anyone know if that tower is in the process of being upgraded too? Also, are these upgrades supposed to increase reception quality? Thank you for any information!

Edited by Hov

Oh man!  Look at Sensorly in the SC market!  Just about all of I-77 from Charlotte to Columbia is now LTE (wasn't just this past Saturday when I went to Georgia from Charlotte on I-77), and most of I-26 all the way to I-95, and even down I-95 towards Savannah as well.  That is impressive!

• Like 2

Oh man!  Look at Sensorly in the SC market!  Just about all of I-77 from Charlotte to Columbia is now LTE (wasn't just this past Saturday when I went to Georgia from Charlotte on I-77), and most of I-26 all the way to I-95, and even down I-95 towards Savannah as well.  That is impressive!

Either sensorly had a bunch of data that wasn't published yet, or someone was very busy today mapping down the highway! That wasn't nearly like that yesterday at all! It makes me happy, bring that action on over to Myrtle Beach!

• Like 2

Going down I95 that almost looks too good to be true, no? I will be down much of that Wednesday so I will see for myself, but there is some large spaces between sites out there and that line does not break even once... Very suspicious...

• Like 1

Yeah I'm with you on that , I actually live right below charlotte in rock hill and I travel on 77 all the way to fort mill and not once has my phone had lte going up 77. I've done a prl update and toggled airplane mode but nothing here. None of the sites are in progress near that area so idk what the deal is with sensorly.

Today's acceptance report does not reflect anything along this solid stretch of mapping down 77 and 26 and 95... I am thinking it is a mapping error on Sensorly... Unless they were testing the entire stretch or something...

• Like 1

Are you sure you are not hitting 4G from the site that we know is live on 26 by Piney Grove?

Now that I think about it, it's possible.

I was sitting at the base of the Chili's tower when I I took this...

I typically drop LTE from the Piney Grove tower by the time I get to Harbison Blvd. Joys of the HTC ONE....

On the Rich Man's HTC, sipping moonshine.

I have been noticing, In Columbia on my HTC one, that 1X and DO are very consistent on the downlink. But LTE seems to be around 10 - 15 db less than either of the old technologies.. This could lead to some very spotty LTE once the market is fully deployed...

That's what I'm worried about in Berea when they were testing 4g I got it around white horse rd and cherrydale but quickly lost signal, I hope this is due to them testing the system but not having it up to full power or tuned correctly. If it is spotty I will be disappointed I'm just tired of my dial up 3g.

I have been noticing, In Columbia on my HTC one, that 1X and DO are very consistent on the downlink. But LTE seems to be around 10 - 15 db less than either of the old technologies.. This could lead to some very spotty LTE once the market is fully deployed...

Same here. Love my ONE, but I'm so used to 3G it won't make me not like the device.

On the Rich Man's HTC, sipping moonshine.

Yeah, uhhh, after some inspection -- I am going to go with bogus data.  From near Florence south into GA I only got 4G in two places -- Yemmesse and Hardeeville (exactly where it is expected to be).. I DID have a LOT of problems holding signals though (lots of roaming on Verizon RIGHT on I95 -- and when I shut off roaming I often showed NO signal).. so I hope that is a sign they ARE working fast on things alone the freeway (and who knows maybe that Sensorly data came on a day when they turned on all the LTEs for a day)...

I know this belongs more in the GA/SC coast thread but it was brought up here...

• Like 1