Network Vision/LTE - South Carolina Market (Columbia/Greenville/Spartanburg)

wyndd123

I can't believe this.

After all this time of waiting for Sprint 4G LTE to come to the Upstate and having dwsc help me confirm that I have Sprint 4G LTE at my house just yesterday (big thanks to dwsc), I finally go to order service through wirelessnwifi.com and apparently Sprint is pulling the plug on selling service through them and other MVNO's including Millenicom!

AAARRGGHH!!!

@VTHOkies and dwsc,

I'm right near you guys off of E. Georgia Rd (near the tower at Goodwin Rd).  Just checked sensorly and it shows 4G on Georgia Rd!  (Is that you dwsc?)

I currently have Millenicom on Sprint - they may actually resolve the issue with Sprint, but we (customers) still don' t know for sure yet.  Millenicom just sent an email telling us to stay tuned (I was going to switch to Millencom's Verizon plan, but I'm waiting now)  I have an Tri-Fi Hotspot still currently set to 3G.  I'll have to try it this weekend and see if I can get 4G  (have Wilson wideband antenna on my roof - pointed right at the tower on Goodwin Rd.)

Steve

Called Sprint and all the overseas call center can do is read a script that Network Vision is coming soon. Couldn't even confirm Greenville was added.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using TapaTalk 4

here is the link

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-expands-lte-coverage-map-and-turns-on-more-4g-lte-markets.htm

Gave the rep this link and her comment was "I understand your concern". I asked her if she could look at this link and "I understand your concern".

I can't stand overseas call centers...

I seen it on android central I'm hoping they are turning the towers on through out the day.

The "turning on of the towers" does not happen due to an announcement -- they have been "turning them on" daily for weeks now and will continue to do so - they announce a community as "live" when a percentage of the population in that community can get LTE -- I think I read here that it is 40%... so your house is not in that 40% -- but if you follow the market NV updates you will see that in the SC market (your market) they have been accepting 5 to 10 sites (towers) nearly everyday in your area... so be patient... it will be there soon.

No set number... To see how your market is doing browse Sensorly or become a sponsor... The NV complete maps are very very cool...

Edit: no carrier waits until 100% to launch... They really never get to 100%. Always upgrading... Sprints is slower because it is a ground up rebuild...

True nothings ever gonna be 100% because its always evolving. I'm not to far from a LTE tower but it drops off quick in terms of speed and coverage. A couple of hundred feet its almost full bars and 25mbps avg down and 4 avg upload but a mile or so and its one bar and 2 Mbps down and half a Mbps up.

• Like 1

The tower at 378 and I-26 in West Columbia is fully upgraded and connected to fiber for LTE.

There's a tiger team there today fixing a port issue on one of the 1900 radios.

Tech said everything on the tower end indicates it's ready to start broadcasting LTE.

So, apparently Sprint is waiting the throw the switch on this tower for some reason....

On the Rich Man's HTC, sipping moonshine.

• Like 1

The tower at 378 and I-26 in West Columbia is fully upgraded and connected to fiber for LTE.

There's a tiger team there today fixing a port issue on one of the 1900 radios.

Tech said everything on the tower end indicates it's ready to start broadcasting LTE.

So, apparently Sprint is waiting the throw the switch on this tower for some reason....

Any Idea when they are going to Upgrade/Replace the old cabinet at Forest dr. and Beltline and on top of the V.A building down town on Assembly?

Any Idea when they are going to Upgrade/Replace the old cabinet at Forest dr. and Beltline and on top of the V.A building down town on Assembly?

I'm not sure. Was in a rush and didn't have an opportunity to ask about other upgrades in the area.

They were there an hour or so ago, if anyone see's this and is able to drop by to see if they know anything I imagine they'd still be there.

If I had to guess though, these guys don't know where they'll be past a week from any given time.

Well, my home is now in a spotty LTE area. Before the start of this upgrade, I had some issues, but now I have little or no data at home. If this is the case, I'll be filing a complaint with the BBB. I don't want to, but this upgrade has made the problem worst.

• Like 1

Well, my home is now in a spotty LTE area. Before the start of this upgrade, I had some issues, but now I have little or no data at home. If this is the case, I'll be filing a complaint with the BBB. I don't want to, but this upgrade has made the problem worst.

If your service takes a drastic turn for the worse, that means they're actively working on the tower closest to where you live.

All of the work won't happen in just a few days, depending on logistical availability, staffing and other factors - it can take a while.

There was a team that integrated a tower near my house almost 2 months ago. Checked with a crew working there yesterday and everything is ready for LTE to go live. For some reason, Sprint is still waiting to cut it on.

If your service takes a drastic turn for the worse, that means they're actively working on the tower closest to where you live.

All of the work won't happen in just a few days, depending on logistical availability, staffing and other factors - it can take a while.

There was a team that integrated a tower near my house almost 2 months ago. Checked with a crew working there yesterday and everything is ready for LTE to go live. For some reason, Sprint is still waiting to cut it on.

That's what I'm thinking. Unfortunately, Sprint claims that there's no work going on in my area. I'm frustrated because it worked before the upgrade. I'm willing to wait, but I have no clue what is happening.

Sprint said there is work going on in my area for the past few months and is still going on but so far I haven't seen anything different in terms of signal or speed. I'm the only one in my house with a LTE phone my father has wimax lol and brother in law has vzw lte.

Agreed. My service was never great to begin with at work or home, but now it's a miracle if I can even answer a phone call or check my email. I know it takes time, but it's literally been about 4 months of it and I'm over it. I'd rather pay more and not have to suffer Sprint growing pains anymore.

My data was weak and spotty for about most of August. Finally, Sprint told me it was network vision upgrades and there was nothing I could do. It would be better and fast when it was fixed. Now, they won't even tell me if it's network vision, just that everything is working fine. Which it's not.

Sprint wants me to bring my GS3 in to the store to check the antenna, which I'm doing this weekend. Unfortunately, I don't think that's the issue since my data works just fine when I'm not home.

If this is normal, I'm gone. And I'm not paying anything to get out of my contract.

The complaints in this thread need to stop. They violate posting rules, as S4GRU does not host Sprint complaints.

Several of you should consider becoming sponsors, thus having access to our Network Vision completion maps. Right now, you are keeping yourselves in the dark regarding accurate info.

AJ

• Like 6

Breather time. 

Edit: Offtopic posts has been removed. If you have an issue with a moderator action then contact the moderator via PM and explain your reasoning in a well thought out and written manner supported by facts and not emotions. If you wish to appeal a moderator decision then take it directly to Robert, the owner of the site.

My main point is do not clutter a thread by arguing a moderator action in it. People visit this site to look for solid information and discussion of the network deployment by like minded individuals. They do not want a rehash of Sprint community forums or the chat sections of every other website whenever sprint is mentioned. 

• Like 3