Network Vision/LTE - South Carolina Market (Columbia/Greenville/Spartanburg)

wyndd123

The complaints in this thread need to stop. They violate posting rules, as S4GRU does not host Sprint complaints.

Several of you should consider becoming sponsors, thus having access to our Network Vision completion maps. Right now, you are keeping yourselves in the dark regarding accurate info.

AJ

..long time coming in this thread... Between this market and the other three markets in SC (Myrtle Beach, SC/GA Coast and even now the Rock Hill area of Charlotte market) progress is accelerating across the entire state of South Carolina... I actually do not think there is another part of the country moving along as fast as we are starting to.  Seriously people, stop complaining and become a sponsor and check out the maps -- it is starting to look real good.

• Like 3

Its just bad service, I to havr been told network vision. And now that Greenville is lte live and I ask about network and signal they say nothings wrong in my area. Hopefully soon it will be fixed if not im going to tmo with a n5.

Who cares if you go to tmo? Most of us are on here to talk about sprint not tmo.

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

The mods have never ever hosted rants! Period! It clogs up the pipeline of really good info flowing out of this site! A sponsors view of what's really going on is the most accurate approach. I'm one tower acceptance from having blanket coverage in my daily commutes....a month ago I had ZERO LTE! So the progress here in SC is at a lightening pace! Sponsor.....!!!! You will get the info to stop your negative views! Trust me!! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Got off the phine with a sprint rep, teir 2 or 3 I think, said that lte should be full strength by end of the year for the SC market.

Which source do you think has accurate, verifiable info?  Sprint customer care reps or S4GRU?

;)

AJ

• Like 3

Just a sprint rep I called on the phone because my note 2 wouldnt connect to anything, long story short I asked about network vision in SC and he said its coming along very quick. And hr also helped me fix my note that some how had air plain mode on but no symbol for it in notification bar or a check mark in settings.

So, The tower behind Chick Fil A on Harbison Blvd is on and Transmitting LTE.  However, sitting outside the Sprint store at the top end of Harbison near St. Andrews, Looking STRAIGHT AT the damn site and 0 LTE with my HTC One... WTF! Sprint has got to get their act together!!

According to the ALCALU tech, CR04AW334 which is on Avondale Drive, North of Downtown Columbia will have LTE turned up within the next 3 hours!! I also noticed New RRU's mounted to the site at the intersection of forest and Beltline.  Although the old cabinet and antennas are still active.  Also, A crew is currently upgrading the site Downtown Columbia on the VA building on Assembly street. Cant wait for all this LTE!  I have no clue why my text looks like this.

• 3 weeks later...

Tower just off 378 across from the Jersey Mike's in West Columbia was having the final touches on the radio's and antennas being done this past Saturday.

Saying LTE should be live by the end of this week or the next. Integration crew has not been by to update to the new ground equipment yet, should be on site tomorrow.

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using Tapatalk

• Like 1

New RRU's and Antennas installed at the site behind Walgreens on Forest dr. OLD Modcell 2.0 BTS STILL in place. Forest Acres really needs some love. New antennas and RRU's also Spotted on V.A Building on Assembly, and also on the one of the Buildings on the Campus of Allen University. 

Hello all... Just wanted to share this incase any of you had a Nexus 5 yet... If you have access to your MSL unlock code, you can go ahead and enable the Tri-Band LTE for supporting Sprint's Spark network before it's official rollout date on your phone by following these instructions on XDA: http://tinyurl.com/lrf4nk6 I don't know if it's a placebo effect or not, but there are quite a few that have noticed an increase in LTE speeds that aren't even in a Spark enabled area... Anyway... I hope at least new to some of you... Have a great day :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Theres a new tower being build on cedar lane rd, dont know whos but theres no boxes at the base of it yet. Hoping its a sprint tower since signal is lacking in this area.

stop and ask and report back. New towers are going up all over Greenville county, 385 behind chefs wings, off state park road, and even one near table rock.

Anyone that has a lg g2 ir this maybe a general thing. But my phone will have decent 3g signal and all of the sudden it will drop it abd say unable to establish a data connection, with in 5 to 10 minutes it will come back? Anyone else have this problem, hope its sorint messing with a tower. Also has anyone found out whos gonna be one the new tower on cedar lane rd? I havent seen them do anything to it yet for about a week maybe but i dont get down that way much.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for tye double post but in the sprint zone app under my device then dashboard it says theres a ticket opened on 1/21/14 and said to be completed on 1/27/14, and the reason is network vision upgrades.

I woukd upload a pic but dont really know how.

If you have the tapatalk app, you can upload it right from there.