Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

I've seen them use lights to work on towers in Orlando as well... Must be pressed to meet their deadlines.

If they have a crane on site, they are probably pressed to get finished and return it. Those things are very expensive to rent.

The Shores in Ocala near Lockheed/Martin was getting a good connection to LTE Yesterday. It was very poor however on speed and was short lived as it was non existent today. How close are we???? :unsure:

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

The Shores in Ocala near Lockheed/Martin was getting a good connection to LTE Yesterday. It was very poor however on speed and was short lived as it was non existent today. How close are we???? :unsure:

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

That tower has not been updated but there is a tower by lake weir and another thats on baseline that both have LTE up which is probably the weak signal your getting.

This was a very informative post and likely explains our LTE crisis at the moment.

Yeah I've been scanning all over that thread and found it last night.  Also, one of our other Jacksonville guys from St. Augustine drove up and confirmed not being able to connect to the LTE sites around 295.

So far, not a single site along I-95 from WGV up to the south side can connect to LTE. There is faint LTE around Old St Augustine rd, but it was fleeting. Taking I-295 East up past JT Butler saw no hint of LTE. It goes without saying that there isn't any at the Town Center. So far, I have only seen LTE right in my neighborhood and inside the Avenues mall. At least when I got it while indoors of my house, even at a -110 dBm signal, I can pull nearly 30 Mbps. It will be nice once this gets sorted out.

• Like 2

So far, not a single site along I-95 from WGV up to the south side can connect to LTE. There is faint LTE around Old St Augustine rd, but it was fleeting. Taking I-295 East up past JT Butler saw no hint of LTE. It goes without saying that there isn't any at the Town Center. So far, I have only seen LTE right in my neighborhood and inside the Avenues mall. At least when I got it while indoors of my house, even at a -110 dBm signal, I can pull nearly 30 Mbps. It will be nice once this gets sorted out.

There definitely an issue with your device. I pretty much pick up LTE everywhere especially outside.

There definitely an issue with your device. I pretty much pick up LTE everywhere especially outside.

What part of Jacksonville? It's odd that I get it at home, you'd think it'd never connect to LTE if there was a problem with my device. My wife hasn't gotten it, either, besides the Avenues and at home.

How is it in Ocala? My parent's house is in Belleview so I'll be around that way for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

plenty of lte in belleview. Actually really consistent over there. I think they have 3 towers finished.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

How is it in Ocala? My parent's house is in Belleview so I'll be around that way for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

They are doing the college tower as we speak which will bring alot of coverage to the sw side of the city

plenty of lte in belleview. Actually really consistent over there. I think they have 3 towers finished.

Wow that's awesome.  My parents on on the South side of Belleview near the new library.  So that pretty much places them in between two towers lol.  I'm hoping that when I get the Nexus in it will have better luck getting a signal there. 

So far, with the G2 for both myself and my wife, it is nearly impossible to connect to LTE and when we do, if it goes back to 1x or eHRPD, it won't go back to LTE without updating the prl or cycling between Global and LTE/CDMA. Maybe by Christmas the issues will be resolved.

• Like 1

So far, with the G2 for both myself and my wife, it is nearly impossible to connect to LTE and when we do, if it goes back to 1x or eHRPD, it won't go back to LTE without updating the prl or cycling between Global and LTE/CDMA. Maybe by Christmas the issues will be resolved.

That sucks man. I guess I'll hold out until about Jan. Maybe by that time the issue will be fixed. I'm going to get the nexus because I'm pretty much done with HTC and none of the phones out now doesn't appeal to me. So the nexus at $349 is a win for me. Also I have the 2012 nexus 7 and I love it.

I'm sorry but my g2 just is not having that issue. U must have some incompatible towers near you.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

That sucks man. I guess I'll hold out until about Jan. Maybe by that time the issue will be fixed. I'm going to get the nexus because I'm pretty much done with HTC and none of the phones out now doesn't appeal to me. So the nexus at $349 is a win for me. Also I have the 2012 nexus 7 and I love it.

My G2 runs LTE well. Holds a signal good. GS3 is better 1900 performer though.

• Like 1

So far here is my test results. 1X performer: #1 LG G2, #2 HTC EVO 4G LTE, #3 Samsung Galaxy S3. 3G EvDo: #1 LG G2, #2 Samsung Galaxy S3, #3 HTC EVO 4G LTE. 1900 LTE: #1 Samsung Galaxy S3, #2 LG G2, #3 HTC EVO 4G LTE. WiFi: #1 LG G2, #2 HTC 4G LTE, #3 Samsung GS3.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, it seems that Jacksonville hasn't been updated yet to accommodate eCSFB devices. But hopefully soon it will be. Once connected, the G2 holds onto LTE close to - 130 and has impressive speeds even down that low.

Unfortunately, it seems that Jacksonville hasn't been updated yet to accommodate eCSFB devices. But hopefully soon it will be. Once connected, the G2 holds onto LTE close to - 130 and has impressive speeds even down that low.

So is eCSFB to TD LTE like eHRPD to CDMA to LTE? As far as handoffs goes.

From what I understand, eCSFB is what allows a device with a single antenna path to switch from LTE to CDMA since the new devices seem to completely shut off CDMA when connected to LTE and LTE when connecting to CDMA for voice service.

• Like 2

Why would Ocala have been updated to accommodate eCSFB devices while Jacksonville didn't?