Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Well, there is a new update that started getting pushed out over a week ago. We aren't getting 4.3, but supposedly it's a minor update that sounds like it will be beneficial. I want to update so i can root with the last update this phone will ever see.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I never take ota updates. I wait until my favorite developer updates their ROM with the newest base. I also manually update my radio firmware.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Are there any other HTC EVO 4g lte owners in here who have received the most recent OTA update? Apparently one of the fixes is for LTE connectivity. Just wondering if anyone has it and if so, if they notice that their phone picks up LTE any better.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Nope no updates here. 

Well, today I saw some workers installing RRU's on a clear only site. This is great news I cant wait to get my hands on a Tri-Band device to test these sites out and experience super fast lte with unlimited data.

Oh man.  I know - I swear I saw RRUs on the Wimax panels on 9A, around the Baymeadows exit.  Really wondering how much LTE-A is broadcasting that I have no access to yet. 

Pritchard road off 295 near the cardinal building

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

We need to pick that bad boy up and drop it off in Town Center.  One of my big concerns, and I feel that this is totally justified, with TD-2500 is that because of it's poor propagation characteristics and placement on towers that aren't optimized for TD-2500 that we will have a lot of areas that could use TD-2500 the most, like Town Center, not be able to get a usable signal.  Town Center is on the fringe for a decent signal as is, so I'd highly doubt we will ever see a usuable TD-2500 signal in there, short of them installing a DAS or femocell in the area. 

That is the plan. High density places that aren't reached are getting DAS and femocells to try to keep band 41 mostly continuous in urban areas.

We really need that in some places around town and especially the town center. Well the only issue now is finding a high end device that can actually utilize 800 and 2600 frequencies.

I want a triband phone so bad I can taste it. It pains me to know that I have an upgrade available and so much LTE available here but can't allow myself to settle for any less than triband. So soon, but yet not..

• Like 1

I want to get a Tri-Band phone as soon as one comes out as well.  Problem is that my upgrade isn't until Dec 2014 and I don't want to pay out of pocket for the new phone.

I might consider that upgrade now plan Sprint will be launching....

• Like 1

I passed three Westower trucks on I95 going south between exit 318 and 311. I am more exited to see that than the Hooters Tour bus. I am just hoping to see some 800 mhz acceptance before I get my G2.

• Like 1

I passed three Westower trucks on I95 going south between exit 318 and 311. I am more exited to see that than the Hooters Tour bus. I am just hoping to see some 800 mhz acceptance before I get my G2.

I'm betting that you will be enjoying TD-2500 on that G2 before 800mhz lol.  

• Like 1

I'm betting that you will be enjoying TD-2500 on that G2 before 800mhz lol.  

That's pretty certain, although I have two near dead zones on my commute each day that drop to 1x for a few seconds. Having 800 mhz would be so nice. Plus, the highway has spacing that is just barely too far apart until you hit Jacksonville. I am sure the Town Center would benefit greatly, too. It seems that there aren't any towers overly close to that area.

• Like 1

I did some heavy research on the LG G2 and that thing is a monster in every way, shape and form. Reports of it charging from 0-30% in 20 mins thanks to the quick charge 2.0 in the 800 processor. Fantastic battery life with 12-14 hours of battery life of heavy usage. Low light camera that some how bests even the htc one. Great video camera. More detail and colors in pics than the iphone 5s. It has a extremely bright screen and destroys every benchmark. Music sounds fantastic through the bottom speakers and through headphones. There is no lag what so ever and it will be triband on Sprint. This is the first time I have ever actually wanted a LG device and there is a 70% chance this will be my next phone. The HTC ONE MAX, and Nexus 5 are the only two phones making me hold off.

• Like 1

The phone is amazing in person. I looked at it with every intention to be uncomfortable with its size, UI and plastic feel. After about 20 seconds the thing becomes hard to put down. Even my wife, who is picky beyond reasonable imagination and absolutely hate phones with big screens fell in love with it. I almost had to fight with her in the store to be able to play with it myself. She keeps bringing up the G2 and reminding me not to forget to pre-order it so she can have her free case. This is my same wife who hates to give up her current phones and normally couldn't care any less about anything tech related. I encourage everyone in the Jax market to go to an AT&T store and check it out. Since we have TD-LTE sites coming up now and through the end of the year, this phone is almost a must have.

Prepare yourself for shock and awe my friend. I thought the same thing but you natrually rest your index finger there on any phone it just took that phone to help me notice that I did that. Landscape mode is not as full proof though but I'm not going to nit pick on a phone this nice. Also the white one does a great job of hiding fingerprints as this phone is a super fingerprint magnet.

I love all the phone specs, but I'm not sold on the button placement or the LG UI.... Small details. I'll need to pick one up and play with it myself, but it could definitely be my next phone lol.

I spotted a completed tower off i295 in between Normandy and Wilson Blvd. I believe it is broadcasting LTE but not yet accepted. I cant find many towers that aren't complete in Jacksonville anymore. Atleast in the areas that I travel. I just wish the EVO's radio wasn't so weak I bet Sprint's LTE coverage is pretty good around town. I also agree that we will see 2600 LTE before 800 LTE or even CDMA 800. Driving around town Clearwire has some sites in some areas where Sprint doesn't some highly populated areas too. Softbank's plan to put 2600 LTE on all/most towers is a brilliant idea.

• Like 1