Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

They just completed a double tower near me with 4g LTE only and sure enough my G2 won't connect while my gf's Galaxy Note 2 will connect and the tower is a very important tower providing lots of coverage. Weird thing is there are sites that have not got there 3G upgrade and my G2 still works just fine on them. I thought if you didn't have the 3G upgrade then triband devices can't connect?

Extremely impressive.

Yes. I'm overly excited. I can't wait to pick up a nexus 5. After hearing all the good things about the rf performance its a go for me. Also it seems like everyone's battery life is getting better also. As long as it last all day like my EVO I'm good.

Yes. I'm overly excited. I can't wait to pick up a nexus 5. After hearing all the good things about the rf performance its a go for me. Also it seems like everyone's battery life is getting better also. As long as it last all day like my EVO I'm good.

My Evo gets great battery life so I am hoping for the same as well.

They just completed a double tower near me with 4g LTE only and sure enough my G2 won't connect while my gf's Galaxy Note 2 will connect and the tower is a very important tower providing lots of coverage. Weird thing is there are sites that have not got there 3G upgrade and my G2 still works just fine on them. I thought if you didn't have the 3G upgrade then triband devices can't connect?

I don't know the whole deal with the eCSFB. Hopefully it's squared away soon.

Well im pissed. Not only can i not connect to it but its interferring with my phone to connect to near by lte towers. So in a lot of places i use to get 103-120 signals i cant get anymore because this tower is to close to half the places I go. Now im stuck on 3G thats sometimes useable and sometimes not and font know when they are going to fix the issue.

The consensus was that Jax should have been fine, but at least we only have some scattered reports of this issue.

Well im pissed. Not only can i not connect to it but its interferring with my phone to connect to near by lte towers. So in a lot of places i use to get 103-120 signals i cant get anymore because this tower is to close to half the places I go. Now im stuck on 3G thats sometimes useable and sometimes not and font know when they are going to fix the issue.

Is going LTE Only an option for you?  Would interfere with calls, but at least texts would work.  You could VOIP if you think your data signals are good enough.

I know that's not a real solution, but it's an idea.

I would love to but how so I do it on the G2? I thought lg disables that part of the screen.

Is going LTE Only an option for you? Would interfere with calls, but at least texts would work. You could VOIP if you think your data signals are good enough.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I would love to but how so I do it on the G2? I thought lg disables that part of the screen.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Oh do they?  I've been bouncing back and forth from the N5 and G2 threads so much that I've lost track of their differences. My mistake.

Hopefully the csfb issue will be a non issue soon. I notice being able to connect more and more often to LTE every day when at first it didn't connect at all to any LTE. Now my LTE signal is about as good as my evdo was on my Evo 3D and my eHRPD signal is stronger than my 1x was. I swear, just switching phones feels like I switched networks. It would probably take a lot to get me to switch back to an HTC phone after this.

So looks like there is a new tower going up behind the Publix at Town Center. Anyone recognize the panels?

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/2985/vgf6.jpg

At&t is the only other one with physical RRUs and they tend to have numerous panels per sector. My bet is ATT.

Sent from my Nexus 5

So looks like there is a new tower going up behind the Publix at Town Center.  Anyone recognize the panels?

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/2985/vgf6.jpg

I am liking the Dead End sign. I wonder what it is trying to imply.. 

Sprint is not playing around in Ocala this month. 4 towers upgraded within the last 6 days.

Must be nice. Haven't seen a tower update in St Augustine in about 2 months. 

Went to the Town Center today. While getting into the car in the parking lot of Petsmart, I noticed my phone began to chime. I had LTE with a -113 dBm signal. Held it until I left the parking lot and onto Town Center Parkway. Had LTE off and on with a faint signal from Baymeadows until a mile past Old St Augustine Rd. Looks like progress..

• Like 2