Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Hmm.... sucks that my iPhone 7 plus won't display bandwidths.

10x10 is earfcn 8640 and 15x15 it's 8615.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah you really feel it. Good news is I have seen 2nd b25 carriers in Tampa and we all know at least Jacksonville and Ocala can do a 15x15. Gainesville can do a 10x10. They just need to hop to it. When b25 starts getting more capacity it does happen fast though. Combine that with 4x4 MIMO and b25 should run really great. I wish they had more lowband though.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Is 15x15 possible in Tampa?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

32563b4a470dc64fcb3140f0192a715e.jpg

This is from a fairly new 8t8r. I wonder if this is a third carrier.

In some markets that is the 3rd carrier.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just got a status update on Ocala. I talked with a network team member and got stats on most towers in the market. Ocala has 8 towers scheduled for 2.5 this year but 6 of them are behind schedule (no surprise there) 3 of them was scheduled for 2.5 in February. 2 this month and 3 last month. None have started though. Also I found out that Jacksonville only have 2.5 on 30% of towers and Orlando has it on 62% of towers. So yeah Jacksonville is very far behind. Oh and Tampa is 56% 2.5.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just got a status update on Ocala. I talked with a network team member and got stats on most towers in the market. Ocala has 8 towers scheduled for 2.5 this year but 6 of them are behind schedule (no surprise there) 3 of them was scheduled for 2.5 in February. 2 this month and 3 last month. None have started though. Also I found out that Jacksonville only have 2.5 on 30% of towers and Orlando has it on 62% of towers. So yeah Jacksonville is very far behind. Oh and Tampa is 56% 2.5.

Atleast Orlando has 15x15 and, Jacksonville 10x10 B25 to help make up for that. 15x15 it's way faster for upload.

I have seen plenty of sites with 15x15 in Orlando running under 2mbps on download while upload is like 3-4. Probably not enough provisioned backhaul

• Like 1

A few months ago. Sprint came in add 2.5 to some of the high traffic sites here in Jax.

A few months ago. Sprint came in add 2.5 to some of the high traffic sites here in Jax.

I understand but I bet there are plenty more. You can't get away with 20mhz(5×5 b25/26)of capacity on most sites in 2017 it's simply not going to be a good experience except in the most rural of areas.

• Like 2

I understand but I bet there are plenty more. You can't get away with 20mhz(5×5 b25/26)of capacity on most sites in 2017 it's simply not going to be a good experience except in the most rural of areas.

Now spectrum swaps are in the Works. Florida (I don't know where) is on the list again.

Source?

I know Sprint and T-Mobile swapped spectrum a while back so that both Sprint and T-Mobile can do 20x20 in the PCS band in Jacksonville and some other places. I don't know about any other swaps.

• Like 1

I know Sprint and T-Mobile swapped spectrum a while back so that both Sprint and T-Mobile can do 20x20 in the PCS band in Jacksonville and some other places. I don't know about any other swaps.

This is new. Where don't know yet. Jacksonville, Orlando aren't the only cities in Florida.

This is new. Where don't know yet. Jacksonville, Orlando aren't the only cities in Florida.

Hopefully it's Tampa since they missed the last two.

• Like 1