Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

How come none of the Jacksonville market are not showing up as complete even though we verify that they are active?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

There are couple of towers that are market complete in the Jacksonville market, they just aren't in Jacksonville. Towers are only marked complete when Robert gets the information that Sprint has signed off on the towers. Until then, we are marking them as in progress.

There are couple of towers that are market complete in the Jacksonville market, they just aren't in Jacksonville. Towers are only marked complete when Robert gets the information that Sprint has signed off on the towers. Until then, we are marking them as in progress.

Actually, Gainesville and Starke and other areas of Northern Florida are considered part of the Jacksonville market. Sites that are completed and haven't been accepted by Sprint are not listed on the map. Any tower that's in progress (with proof) is added to the list every week. I'm about to add another update on a site I found today.

This is site JA70XC016. (On San Jose, just south of the Julington Creek Bridge.)

Antennas are added to the site. The workers were digging holes today, to my assumption, attaching backhaul to the source.

20121130_133046.jpg

20121130_133100.jpg

20121130_133103.jpg

Site should be live anytime soon now.

Anyone know 100% what they're digging right outside the site?

Also, if it matters, this is the 3G speedtest result from my location of the pictures.

Screenshot_2012-11-30-15-22-06.png

• Like 1

This is site JA70XC016. (On San Jose, just south of the Julington Creek Bridge.)

Antennas are added to the site. The workers were digging holes today, to my assumption, attaching backhaul to the source.

20121130_133046.jpg

20121130_133100.jpg

20121130_133103.jpg

Site should be live anytime soon now.

Anyone know 100% what they're digging right outside the site?

Also, if it matters, this is the 3G speedtest result from my location of the pictures.

Screenshot_2012-11-30-15-22-06.png

I probably just would have went up and asked out of interest.....

Im going to try to get some pics of a tower near where im at today the antennas look the same...

I probably just would have went up and asked out of interest.....

Im going to try to get some pics of a tower near where im at today the antennas look the same...

Look the same as in what they originally looked like, or the ones in the picture? The NV panels stick out the most because they're huge and they have the boxes (RRUs) sticking out on the backside of the antennas. Take pictures and let me know.

I didn't have much time, otherwise I would've went up and asked them.

EDIT: Antennas are usually of the last things they do on the site, so if you have antennas on your site then it should be live anytime now.

Actually, Gainesville and Starke and other areas of Northern Florida are considered part of the Jacksonville market. Sites that are completed and haven't been accepted by Sprint are not listed on the map. Any tower that's in progress (with proof) is added to the list every week. I'm about to add another update on a site I found today.

Did you intend to quote me? Basically the same thing I was saying. Just wondering.

Did you intend to quote me? Basically the same thing I was saying. Just wondering.

Sorry, I quoted the wrong post. Didn't even notice I quoted you. lol Going crazy with the amount of LTE popping up and sites being nearly completed.

EDIT: My post was directed at Tybo. :P

That's ok! Enjoy the LTE! Wish I had something to track here. Until then, I'll drool over sensorly, lol.

Well, in all honesty, the closest LTE site is at Baymeadows, I'm about 15 minute drive from there but I don't leave my house often. I do often check on my local sites but all I've found out is that Sprint has been given permission to install backhaul so far and that the antenna installation is another procedure they have to go through. So while LTE sites are popping up left and right, my tower is just starting. Needless to say, I'm very excited and I'm happy that my market is getting nearly first dibs on LTE. We're catching up and I think soon, will pass Miami's progress. There's numerous sites accounted for now that have been confirmed nearly completed, they just need to pass Sprint's inspection and they're done.

I got another hour to burn until I go into work for the night. In the meantime, when I do go out, I update Sensorly with what I can on both 2g/3g maps and 4G. Just today, I added about 20% more data to the St Johns County map for 3G coverage. :P

And of course, I got the pictures of that other site that's nearly done, too.

EDIT: Next time my mother is out doing real estate in World Golf Village, I'll have her check a tower I've been keeping an eye on. LOL!

• Like 1

I'm also seeing there's work on a site in Kentucky Avenue, Green Cove Springs. In between Thunder road and CR 218. Anyone around there check it out? I drove by it the other day from cousins house (for ThanksGiving) and saw NV panels on it.

No need to take pictures but I got some anyways there was a 4 inch PVC pipe containing plans for Jacobs telecommunications doing sprint work :ph34r: I might try to go back and get pictures of the plans

• Like 1

You guys have really been doing some detective work. Btw I went back by the Busch drive site. Still.... No action.

Haha, its pulling a BayMeadows! That site took forever to turn on. Might've been adding the new cabinets in that takes the longest.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Haha, its pulling a BayMeadows! That site took forever to turn on. Might've been adding the new cabinets in that takes the longest.

:) I connected to the baymeadows site as I passed today for the hell of it.

• Like 1

Best speed today at Baymeadows & 95!

Your avatar scared the crap out of me. I'm alone in a dark room, and I click on the link to your post and that picture jumped out of the darkness into my Den. :lol:

Robert

• Like 1

Best speed today at Baymeadows & 95!

Not bad. Where was this speed? At the Sprint store, just east of the site?

I hit 18 going down i95 when I drove past it yesterday. I must've been a little far away from it but I hit 18mbps DL and I think 7mbps up.

Do you remember what -dBm signal your LTE was at?

Your avatar scared the crap out of me. I'm alone in a dark room, and I click on the link to your post and that picture jumped out of the darkness into my Den. :lol:

Robert

LMAO I just thought this as I scrolled down.

• Like 1

This is JA33XC051. Just north of Shand's Bridge. I cannot tell which layer is Sprint, it's either the top or the bottom. The bottom layer has panels with RRUs on the backside, which leads me to think it's Sprint. The pictures are kind of bad because it was getting dark and couldn't get anymore zoom with the S3 camera.

20121201_173359.jpg

20121201_173404.jpg

I don't know who's at the top but I know the middle is VZW and the bottom must be sprint with the RUU behind the panel.

That's what I'm thinking. The RRUs being behind the panels is a NV feature. Unless another carrier has RRUs behind their panels, I'm going to go ahead and assume this site has NV antennas installed. Only other possibility would be the top rack being a Legacy site.

That's what I'm thinking. The RRUs being behind the panels is a NV feature. Unless another carrier has RRUs behind their panels, I'm going to go ahead and assume this site has NV antennas installed. Only other possibility would be the top rack being a Legacy site.

AT&T has RUU behind their panels but AT&T has 4 big panels per sector. Making a total of 12 panels on AT&T sites.

AT&T has RUU behind their panels but AT&T has 4 big panels per sector. Making a total of 12 panels on AT&T sites.

The third row kind of looks like att. Oh well, maybe I'll check it again in two weeks and see if anything changes.

Ok noob like question...... Are there differences in antennas? I have seen references to different "cells" didn't know if different antennas cover more area then others......