Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Does anyone know about the Gainesville and or Ocala areas. I havent seen much talk about those areas. I work in Gainesville, but live in Ocala. Cant wait for 4G at home.

There are sites being converted for certain in Gainesville. They can be seen on maps in our Sponsor section. Ocala sites are probably starting work very soon too.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

it does seem odd to send someone so far south in another Market. But Thanks :-)

Yeah, the site itself I could find in any of the other contractors permit pulls, but I was so sure it had to be one that I knew already. It wasn't until I went to the Clearwater or largo permitting site I found this guy who was one that I hadn't heard of. From a business view I wouldn't drive down here with a crew of 3-4 people for 3 days in a row, I also wouldn't pay for a hotel either but if it was for multiple jobs then yes I would. I could make money off multiple jobs like that. Where this site is though I have not seen any other work done.

4g lte is live at Bay Meadows site!

Mapped on Sensorly.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Sweet. Do you ever go out towards the beaches? It has to be some converted sites out that way. I'm going to donate tomorrow so I can get access to the interactive maps.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Sweet. Do you ever go out towards the beaches? It has to be some converted sites out that way. I'm going to donate tomorrow so I can get access to the interactive maps.

I'm never near the beaches, sorry!

First post on s4gru via 4g!

esy9anyj.jpg

• Like 2

I've noticed that my 3G signal seems to be slightly better and data actually functions while at Mayport where as before when inside data was basically non existant. Is this a possible sign of LTE heading to Mayport soon? Seeing the LTE finally on this side of the river is encouraging.

Looks to me they are doing like the Chicago market starting around the city and then work their way in. Theres also 2 more sites around the top part of the ring (ring) that are not active yet.

There are some new towers in the area. Are you in the same section of the building? I was at the dentist earlier and in the lobby (brick building), I got 0.2 mbps speeds but by the window on the other side of building, I got 1.6mbps DL. Depending on the building structure and site location, speeds can vary greatly.

Ill have to check here in a bit.... had to put down the computer for a bit to get a hold of reality.... had a nerdism attack.... but it all looks promising

Haha, any info you got on St Johns County would be epic!

In the meantime, I'll continue to map everything I discover on Sensorly. :P

I've noticed that my 3G signal seems to be slightly better and data actually functions while at Mayport where as before when inside data was basically non existant. Is this a possible sign of LTE heading to Mayport soon? Seeing the LTE finally on this side of the river is encouraging.

I'm not really sure if that's a sign of nv upgrades because as you can see on sensorly the contractors have been jumping all around the city. Usually what ever site gets its back haul upgraded first the contractors go there and start the upgrade work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Haha, any info you got on St Johns County would be epic!

In the meantime, I'll continue to map everything I discover on Sensorly. :P

I see westowers and another guy holding a contractors license... itll take some learning to understand their system

Westowers did the upgrade on the baymeadows tower.....

Its all in how you search public records :)

I saw west towers truck back on Oct 16th, when they were installing panels on the bay meadows tower. You'll have to share these records. lol

There are some new towers in the area. Are you in the same section of the building? I was at the dentist earlier and in the lobby (brick building), I got 0.2 mbps speeds but by the window on the other side of building, I got 1.6mbps DL. Depending on the building structure and site location, speeds can vary greatly.

Same building. AT&T and Verizon folks get upwards of 15mb/sec speeds and sit there streaming YouTube like nothing. Tmobile works pretty darn quick in certain parts of the building but their towers must be pretty far. Sprint usually you can't even get google voice text messages or even simple websites to load. In fact the phone just sits there and drains its battery trying to talk to the network. Having Internet surfing abilities yesterday was significantly changed from before although its still dog slow.

Edited by anasazi

Same building. AT&T and Verizon folks get upwards of 15mb/sec speeds and sit there streaming YouTube like nothing. Tmobile works pretty darn quick in certain parts of the building but their towers must be pretty far. Sprint usually you can't even get google voice text messages or even simple websites to load. In fact the phone just sits there and drains its battery trying to talk to the network. Having Internet surfing abilities yesterday was significantly changed from before although its still dog slow.

In a big building like that you may not be experiencing what other people are on other providers are until LTE 800 rolls out. Once LTE 800 rolls out (no one knows the schedule of which towers and such yet.), Sprint will be top dog. We do know it'll start sometime mid-2013 though.

Sometimes, if the building is crowded enough, Sprint will add repeaters throughout it.

• Like 1

In a big building like that you may not be experiencing what other people are on other providers are until LTE 800 rolls out. Once LTE 800 rolls out (no one knows the schedule of which towers and such yet.), Sprint will be top dog. We do know it'll start sometime mid-2013 though.

Sometimes, if the building is crowded enough, Sprint will add repeaters throughout it.

Unfortunately I'm on an iPhone which unless I'm mistaken only supports CDMA 800 but not LTE 800 :-(