Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Sandridge Rd in Clay County

uploadfromtaptalk1353168949389.jpg

Layin down sensorly

Edit* couldn't tell where its coming from lost just north of green cove its gor to be north of 209.. on a run to orlando or I would investigate more

The signal could be coming from the tower on 209 by the shriners building.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Looking at the sensorly map the signal will be coming from the tower that's near the race Trac gas station on the corner of us 17 and cr209. The tower its on looks like some kind of broadcasting antenna or something.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Maybe the other 2 that we know of will come online soon. I've been keeping my eyes on all the Sprint towers I see. I enjoyed my 4g experience while it lasted used almost 200mb doing speedtest

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Maybe the other 2 that we know of will come online soon. I've been keeping my eyes on all the Sprint towers I see. I enjoyed my 4g experience while it lasted used almost 200mb doing speedtest

Wait, so there's 4 towers known? Are you also including the Baymeadows one?

I caught 4g in a new area. I'll update with info in a minute.

EDIT: I mapped more of the LTE tower on Russel Road. Also found a weak LTE signal on the Eastern side of Shands Bridge! I did not have Sensorly open yet and I lost signal after about 10 seconds! I'll try to map it if I go by there again.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

I hope not, I'm in the Riverside area. Haven't seen anything yet.

Well seems as if the back haul is ready faster at sites outside the city or maybe they are working from the outside in to the city like they did with the Chicago market.

Nope.. no Lte at the moment at that location. I rebooted both my devices and airplane cycled just to be sure , while getting gas at the Gate gas station looking directly at the tower. I also looked into the Open signal app and it did not show me being connected to that tower it showed a tower just a mile or so north off of interstate 95 ... I'm gonna swing by later and actually check the tower and equipment out, shuold be easy enough to see the Sprint lock on it and got a pair of field glasses to check out the rest.

• Like 1

Nope.. no Lte at the moment at that location. I rebooted both my devices and airplane cycled just to be sure , while getting gas at the Gate gas station looking directly at the tower. I also looked into the Open signal app and it did not show me being connected to that tower it showed a tower just a mile or so north off of interstate 95 ... I'm gonna swing by later and actually check the tower and equipment out, shuold be easy enough to see the Sprint lock on it and got a pair of field glasses to check out the rest.

Note that CDMA towers give off the wrong coordinates in OpenSignalMaps. It's known that it's very difficult to discover which tower you're actually connected to.

• Like 1

Note that CDMA towers give off the wrong coordinates in OpenSignalMaps. It's known that it's very difficult to discover which tower you're actually connected to.

The bogus sites mapped in OpenSignal maps have nothing to do with the coordinates squawked by the CDMA towers, which is a different issue entirely, evident in different apps altogether. OpenSignal purports to compute the tower sites itself from crowdsourced signal-strength data, and the results are pretty useless.

The bogus sites mapped in OpenSignal maps have nothing to do with the coordinates squawked by the CDMA towers, which is a different issue entirely, evident in different apps altogether. OpenSignal purports to compute the tower sites itself from crowdsourced signal-strength data, and the results are pretty useless.

I learned this the hard way. I drove to the "imaginary" tower in my area only to find nothing there. LoL!

I work in the Bayard area (95 and Old St Augustine Rd near the hospital) and am eagerly awaiting LTE. Should I be worried that I am not seeing eHRPD yet?

Sadly, my EVO had solid Wimax when I worked in Riverside but I was faced with paying to repair it or being an early adopter of LTE and chose the Galaxy lll. Best phone I have ever owned but 3G is brutal:blink:

I work in the Bayard area (95 and Old St Augustine Rd near the hospital) and am eagerly awaiting LTE. Should I be worried that I am not seeing eHRPD yet?

Sadly, my EVO had solid Wimax when I worked in Riverside but I was faced with paying to repair it or being an early adopter of LTE and chose the Galaxy lll. Best phone I have ever owned but 3G is brutal:blink:

I get ehrpd along i95 there. Are you in lte/CDMA mode? Its possible that they turned it off temporarily.