I'm REALLY frustrated trying to figure out how to become a premiere sponsor. I assume this means a certain dollar amount of donation... I already donated a couple times for the 'basic' sponsorship, but would LOVE to be a premiere sponsor...yet I can't find anything on how much I need to donate to do it. Having to jump through such hoops to donate money makes it really easy for me to just want to give up and move on to something else.
I'm sure the info is here somewhere, but a search of the forums turned up nothing, and I can't seem to find an email address to contact the admins to send a question, which would also be useful.
This seems to me to be a HUGE hole and likely throwing away a lot of money by not making this information easily accessible. You'd get a lot more donating members if you maybe put a couple notes below the donation button so people have an idea of what they need to donate to get to x access level, or a link to a page that says if you donate this you get this.
With that suggestion in place.... what's the answer? :-)
Hi all, I'm looking to purchase an Android for Cellmapper/logging purposes; accordingly, I was wondering if there are any cheap devices you guys recommended that work well with both SCP and Cellmapper. Thanks in advance!
1. Wifi calling directly uses your home's wifi to place the call while the Pebble uses your internet connection to broadcast an LTE signal which your phone uses to place the call (once VoLTE is enabled). Before VoLTE is enabled, you don't place calls through the Pebble, it only boosts data. After 2-3 weeks, VoLTE should be enabled on the Pebble allowing simultaneous voice and MMS which wifi calling doesn't allow mms (but if you have a decent signal you can receive MMS without issue while on a wifi call).
2. Yes, any user can piggyback off the signal but I noticed the footprint isn't that large and didn't extend outside my home. I wouldn't be too concerned with that.
3. If you disconnect the device they will send you warnings that they will charge you if you don't reconnect it or send it back.
I recently got one of those Sprint pebbles that was sent even though i did not request. i finally set it up after nearly 1 hr of fighting with it. I was wondering:
1. How is this different that Sprint wifi calling ?
2. Can other sprint users outside of my house piggyback off this pebble ?
3. If I stop using the pebble after a few months, do I need to pay the $70 or is the $70 only apply if you never initially set it up ?