Network Vision/LTE - Las Vegas Market

Timbax

I think it is nice because it makes it so much easier to spot a NV2.0 tower. Red cone and RUU's behind the panels = B41 site.

Remote Radio Units (RRU) or Remote Radio Heads (RRH) - not RUU - 

I'll be going to Aaron Bros either today or tomorrow; I'll check out if the tower on

Silverado/Eastern is broadcasting B41; drive by there quite a bit..is the tower visible

when one is driving North

on Eastern headed for 215?  I can't remember ever seeing it..

I'll be going to Aaron Bros either today or tomorrow; I'll check out if the tower on

Silverado/Eastern is broadcasting B41; drive by there quite a bit..is the tower visible

when one is driving North

on Eastern headed for 215? I can't remember ever seeing it..

As of right not it is only broadcasting b25. It is in the target parking lot, more on Jefferies than on Silverado. Going east on st rose take a left onto Jefferies and follow it around to target. The tower will be on the left.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

As of right not it is only broadcasting b25. It is in the target parking lot, more on Jefferies than on Silverado. Going east on st rose take a left onto Jefferies and follow it around to target. The tower will be on the left.

Yes.. I was at Aarons yesterday; the tower is just to the south of Aarons; I'm surprised I never saw that tower before;

and yes, it's only broadcasting B25; I'm not sure how to force my Zing onto B41 if I'm getting a B25

signal...anyone know if I can set priorities for band on my Zing hotspot?

Yes.. I was at Aarons yesterday; the tower is just to the south of Aarons; I'm surprised I never saw that tower before;

and yes, it's only broadcasting B25; I'm not sure how to force my Zing onto B41 if I'm getting a B25

signal...anyone know if I can set priorities for band on my Zing hotspot?

Yes, you can set priorities -- you need to get the MSL from Sprint Customer Care, then you can set advanced network options.  However, the priorities prevent you from ever turning off Band 25, and also only manage the initial frequency scan when you turn on the device or go from an area which has no LTE coverage into an area which does have LTE coverage. From that point on, the Sprint network takes over frequency assignment, so if Band 25 is stronger than Band 41 (or 26), the network will force you back to Band 25 after a short time.

Yes, you can set priorities -- you need to get the MSL from Sprint Customer Care, then you can set advanced network options.  However, the priorities prevent you from ever turning off Band 25, and also only manage the initial frequency scan when you turn on the device or go from an area which has no LTE coverage into an area which does have LTE coverage. From that point on, the Sprint network takes over frequency assignment, so if Band 25 is stronger than Band 41 (or 26), the network will force you back to Band 25 after a short time.

What I have seen on active B41 sites is that the signal is much stronger and I was able to stay for hours on that site.

What I have seen on active B41 sites is that the signal is much stronger and I was able to stay for hours on that site.

Absolutely you will stay connected if the signal is stronger (probably because you are close enough to the B41 site).  In contrast, I live about 3 miles from my closest B41 site and about 4.5 miles from my closest B26 site.  I was able to connect to them regularly before Sprint recently upgraded my neighborhood site (~1.3 miles) to B25 (AFTER ONLY 2 YEARS OF WAITING WHILE THEY UPGRADED EVERY OTHER SITE FOR DOZENS OF MILES IN ALL DIRECTIONS - NO, I'M NOT BITTER AT ALL!!!! [Oops, sorry, lost control there.]).  Since the upgrade, I can only get B26 or B41 for moments at a time, unless I drive closer to the B41 or B26 site (thus, further from my local B25, which has not yet been upgraded to either B26 or B41.  (NO, DAMMIT, I AM NOT BITTER!!! NOT!! NOT!! NOT!!!).  This is in accordance with what I would expect from what more knowledgeable persons in this forum have said, that is that the Sprint network prioritizes B41 first, B25 second, and B26 third once you are connected and if signal strengths are comparable, but will pick the strongest signal if strengths are not comparable.

• Like 1

In Vegas I have only seen b25. Even after the spark update for the nexus five. I've been all over Henderson, up and down eastern ave, warm springs from las Vegas blvd to boulder highway, 215 from the feista to las Vegas blvd. Lots of b25… not b26 or 41 that my phone picks up.

In Vegas I have only seen b25. Even after the spark update for the nexus five. I've been all over Henderson, up and down eastern ave, warm springs from las Vegas blvd to boulder highway, 215 from the feista to las Vegas blvd. Lots of b25… not b26 or 41 that my phone picks up.

Ditto...B25 only..but after several years of wait and up & down wimax I finally

have a pretty good usable B25 LTE at my house; I have a certain

hotspot that points to a tower about 2 miles away and I'm

getting an RSRP of about -92 dbm.....pretty sweet..downloads are

around 6-10 mbps (peak times) and 10-18 mbps (off-peak times); pings

are consistently sub 60 ms and ave closer to 50 ms so latencies right

now on my tower are nonexistent..I'm sure as word starts to get out

about Sprint speeds & feeds my private tower will probably disappear

but for right now things are pretty sweet..

• Like 1

It's so desolate out there that they didn't even bother naming the road? :)

No, that's not it. The locations are offset, and it appears that ALU is leaving it that way. :(

So, band 41 LTE at Lamb just north of Craig. Sitting in front if AmsOil.jarygudy.jpgeha2apug.jpg3e4y5upa.jpg

So signal check not letting you know its band 41?

So signal check not letting you know its band 41?

Nope. It's Sprint Band 41, not Clearwire's deployment. Mike acknowledged that he has to research into that one.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

Nope. It's Sprint Band 41, not Clearwire's deployment. Mike acknowledged that he has to research into that one.

Good to know, I've been relying solely on signal check. Thanks!

• Like 3

How would you say it compares to B25 signal strength? 

• Like 1

How would you say it compares to B25 signal strength?

About the same between the 2 bands. My iPhone 5S was on Band 25 at the same time the Nexus 5 was on band 41, and signal was almost equal.

• Like 2

About the same between the 2 bands. My iPhone 5S was on Band 25 at the same time the Nexus 5 was on band 41, and signal was almost equal.

That's great to hear! Clear B41 is typically about -10dbm worse than Sprints B25 on co-located sites in my comparisons, But obviously even at -10dBm worse, it still handily beats it in raw download speed.

So finally, B41 in the wild in Las Vegas...baby..we're on the map..now for some B26 Love!!

So, band 41 LTE at Lamb just north of Craig. Sitting in front if AmsOil.jarygudy.jpgeha2apug.jpg3e4y5upa.jpg

• Like 2

So finally, B41 in the wild in Las Vegas...baby..we're on the map..now for some B26 Love!!

Yep. I'm really starting to believe my theory that Sprint is going to pull off the biggest launch yet with Vegas having Band 41 live in many areas before launching the Vegas Market.

• Like 1

Yep. I'm really starting to believe my theory that Sprint is going to pull off the biggest launch yet with Vegas having Band 41 live in many areas before launching the Vegas Market.

Wouldn't it be cool if Vegas went straight from 3G to Spark?  :tu: