Network Vision/LTE - Las Vegas Market

Timbax

Denver will go straight from 3G to Spark ...

:ninja:

Who will launch first?  Denver or Las Vegas..  Vegas, I believe, is way ahead in B25

but way behind in B41...any takers?

• Like 1

Who will launch first?  Denver or Las Vegas..  Vegas, I believe, is way ahead in B25

but way behind in B41...any takers?

Very good question. Denver has a full B41 overlay, and has been mostly 3G accepted at this point. So now it's a matter of backhaul. Who knows how long that will take. A Sprint official was quoted as saying  Denver would launch in June, but I doubt that will happen.

Las Vegas on the other hand has backhaul to just about every site now, and adding Band 41 shouldn't take too long. It'll be a close race. 

• Like 1

1x800 is finally live in Pahrump!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

To quote myself and update as to why Pahrump finally has 1x800, I just found out today that this week the Sheriff's Department finally re-banded their radio equipment to digital this week, finally freeing up the frequencies for Sprint to activate it.

• Like 4

I have been driving around with LTE engineering screen open and so far only b25. The good thing is I have driven a lot around my area and only got sent back to 3g once. It was b25 the rest of the way... I plan on driving around for about 2 hours sometime soon. Any good apps to map and record a trip? It needs to run in the background because I'll be watching the LTE engineering screen.

• Like 1

I have been driving around with LTE engineering screen open and so far only b25. The good thing is I have driven a lot around my area and only got sent back to 3g once. It was b25 the rest of the way... I plan on driving around for about 2 hours sometime soon. Any good apps to map and record a trip? It needs to run in the background because I'll be watching the LTE engineering screen.

B41 will not activate right away but you need to stay in a cell for a while it switches over. Not sure why it takes a while but I would love to get connected to B41 first and not B25

• Like 1

B41 will not activate right away but you need to stay in a cell for a while it switches over. Not sure why it takes a while but I would love to get connected to B41 first and not B25

I set the band priorities to 41 first on my Nexus 5.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I thought sprint wants you on band 41? Well I'll just cancel that drive then.

Band 41 sites in Vegas are in testing right now. They still have to be optimized. Once that is done, they will be fully activated, and then the network should automatically shunt you over.

• Like 1

Band 41 sites in Vegas are in testing right now. They still have to be optimized. Once that is done, they will be fully activated, and then the network should automatically shunt you over.

I am in town for EDC and some of the B41 sites that were active are currently not in service. Not sure if Sprint turned off the sites for EDC but it would be stupid because 400k people are at the Motor Speedway and I am sure a couple have Sprint service. B25 speeds are like the 3G speeds I have never seen and don't really deserve the name 4G LTE. When WiMax is faster as your LTE network, you are in trouble.

• Like 1

I am in town for EDC and some of the B41 sites that were active are currently not in service. Not sure if Sprint turned off the sites for EDC but it would be stupid because 400k people are at the Motor Speedway and I am sure a couple have Sprint service. B25 speeds are like the 3G speeds I have never seen and don't really deserve the name 4G LTE. When WiMax is faster as your LTE network, you are in trouble.

It's all ramping up for what seems to me is going to be a large scale activation when a large portion of the Band 41 sites are complete. Do testing, after optimization is complete, then shut it down. At the right time, cluster launch the entire market! Piece by piece Sprint is confirming my theory.

This seems to be a common complaint in these forums and elsewhere. You just can't have thousands of people in one area trying to use a limited resource. Especially on a 5x5 configuration. Band 41 would have helped there. I'm sure the other providers are suffering, too.

• Like 1

It's all ramping up for what seems to me is going to be a large scale activation when a large portion of the Band 41 sites are complete. Do testing, after optimization is complete, then shut it down. At the right time, cluster launch the entire market! Piece by piece Sprint is confirming my theory.

That's exactly what happened in NYC. Virtually every Clear site in the city was inactive (save a few neighborhoods) but our devices were unable to access it. Then, in one week all of the sites got eCSFB updates and Spark now covers as many people if not more than Band 25.

Not sure what Sprint is doing but I called Sprint Care and honestly I am surprised what type of people work for Sprint.

1. The rep. tries to tell me that there is no LTE in Las Vegas because she "looked" at the coverage maps. Seriously, no LTE, I guess my phone must connect to Wimax, oops. the G2 can't connect to Wimax...

2. Rep. tries to tell me that the speeds of .02MB in an area I was able to get 30+MB down just a couple of weeks ago are normal LTE speed.

Seriously, if you call AT&T or Verizon, you get people who know what is going on. Even Clearwire's technical support back in the days (not the foreign based call centers) did a much better job.  Sprint needs to do more than just working on it's network, they need to proviode trainning to their people.

Not sure what Sprint is doing but I called Sprint Care and honestly I am surprised what type of people work for Sprint.

1. The rep. tries to tell me that there is no LTE in Las Vegas because she "looked" at the coverage maps. Seriously, no LTE, I guess my phone must connect to Wimax, oops. the G2 can't connect to Wimax...

2. Rep. tries to tell me that the speeds of .02MB in an area I was able to get 30+MB down just a couple of weeks ago are normal LTE speed.

Seriously, if you call AT&T or Verizon, you get people who know what is going on. Even Clearwire's technical support back in the days (not the foreign based call centers) did a much better job.  Sprint needs to do more than just working on it's network, they need to proviode trainning to their people.

I tend to get great CS reps. Occasionally I'd get a bad one, but all in all I would test the he'll out of anyone who wanted to become a CS rep if they planned on working for my company. Sprint should try to set a higher standard.

• Like 1

I tend to get great CS reps. Occasionally I'd get a bad one, but all in all I would test the he'll out of anyone who wanted to become a CS rep if they planned on working for my company. Sprint should try to set a higher standard.

That is really Sprint's issue, because they set the bar so low that it is pretty much impossible to have good people in CS. I called this morning again and I was told there is no LTE in Las Vegas at all. I told the rep that my phone must be broken because I am unable to get 3G on my display and that LTE was on with like no usuable speed, I was advised to powercycle my phone because it must have been defective. Seriously, I asked for a supervisor because I don't have the time to waste. Thank goodness I will be back hom in SoCal tonight, were LTE works :ninja:

That is really Sprint's issue, because they set the bar so low that it is pretty much impossible to have good people in CS. I called this morning again and I was told there is no LTE in Las Vegas at all. I told the rep that my phone must be broken because I am unable to get 3G on my display and that LTE was on with like no usuable speed, I was advised to powercycle my phone because it must have been defective. Seriously, I asked for a supervisor because I don't have the time to waste. Thank goodness I will be back hom in SoCal tonight, were LTE works :ninja:

Vegas is not a launched market. Customer service wouldn't know that there is active LTE service there. And it'll continue to be that way until they officially launch it. Calling CS won't help.

• Like 1

Vegas is not a launched market. Customer service wouldn't know that there is active LTE service there. And it'll continue to be that way until they officially launch it. Calling CS won't help.

They do if they look but honestly their CSR are just not ready for prime time.

• Like 1

They do if they look but honestly their CSR are just not ready for prime time.

Trust me, AT&T and VZW did not and still do not acknowledge unlauched service. You can't report unlaunched problems to them either. And Clearwire was the same way with unlaunched WiMax. I used to go round and round with Clearwire people when a WiMax Protection Site would go offline.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

They are installing band 41 panels on the Spencer st tower right now. Can't get pics I was in a hurry. They only had one panel up five minutes ago...

Edit* that is Spencer st near st rose

• Like 3

Spent first two weeks in Oceanside (zips 92057 & 92056); Sprint LTE AND 3G were

absent totally; was on roaming 3G most of the time; so some parts of SoCal not so much;

East SD county rocks well with LTE but North SD county not nearly as good as MOST of

the LV Valley and LV is not even a launched market!!

Thank goodness I will be back hom in SoCal tonight, were LTE works :ninja: