Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

I'm in Clovis today and even with a -100 EVDO signal, I'm still getting usable data. I'm over by Bullard and Fowler.

Posted Image

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

That's not bad...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

I noticed on the sprint maps that some towers disappeared in fresno namely a few east of the 41 near me......

I dont feel it since we use an airave but thats just odd

Sprint maps don't show all Sprint sites. Only ones that have received upgrades in the past six months. Once an upgrade gets more than six months old, it falls off their maps.

The only place you can find comprehensive maps that show Sprint's network nationwide is in our Sponsor section.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

Also all over Clovis today and had similar numbers and was able to stream Spotify perfectly and you tube with just a couple hangs. Really good today (at least usable) definitely not blazing though, but stable is a big improvement. Usually on and off all over the place.

That makes sense

Sprint maps don't show all Sprint sites. Only ones that have received upgrades in the past six months. Once an upgrade gets more than six months old, it falls off their maps.

The only place you can find comprehensive maps that show Sprint's network nationwide is in our Sponsor section.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was the passenger in a vehicle driving all around Fresno recently.

Speeds were poor. Youd never be able to guess which test was done with a -65 signal.....it was the one with a 928 ping

Posted Image

Since when is 1275kbps poor? I consider that decent. And on 384kbps I can still browse the web at a decent rate.

Since when is 1275kbps poor? I consider that decent. And on 384kbps I can still browse the web at a decent rate.

That was one of many. Clearly not the norm. That was however one of the fastest Ive ever pulled in Fresno, outside of the wimax tower.

Not shown on screen is the test pulling a wonderful 16.

Note the times as well...past 10pm, not exactly peak usage time.

That was one of many. Clearly not the norm. That was however one of the fastest Ive ever pulled in Fresno, outside of the wimax tower.

After 10? Party animal time!

I have noticed there are way fewer signal drops, especially when streaming audio (which I do a lot) over the last couple weeks, seems to be way more stable (still not blazing fast by any stretch) but at least working, almost always. Friends with the att LTE are getting amazing numbers and  consistency lately. T Mobile friends get amazing speeds in spots but similar speeds to me in most places (but when it's working on LTE... WOW!). T Mo seems really spotty though.

Pulled 2.5mbps in Clovis

That's about it lol

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

I've been following this thread for a while and I just had to post now.  I have been getting some really bazzar issues with my Note II in the past few weeks.  Today at work (Downtown Visalia) i'm on roaming, I've never had less than 4 bars here inside my office and this has been filled with high hopes that LTE will be turned on soon

I've been following this thread for a while and I just had to post now. I have been getting some really bazzar issues with my Note II in the past few weeks. Today at work (Downtown Visalia) i'm on roaming, I've never had less than 4 bars here inside my office and this has been filled with high hopes that LTE will be turned on soon

Welcome fellow Visalian. I have been monitoring the downtown Visalia area for months. The tower that covers most of downtown has been Network Vision converted, however, it appears that they haven't finished up the backhaul work to the site yet. Hopefully they will soon, and then we can see that fast LTE network. I work off Valley Oaks and live over by Walnut and Akers, so I'm constantly watching all 4 sites in Visalia. And Oedipus helps keep an eye out for LTE in Visalia when down in the area.

Well I just got off the phone with Sprint Account Services & was happy to hear that That guy From Sacramento Just got an mass email saying that we should have LTE here at the End of Oct Early Nov man I have been waiting what seems like forever to have killer speeds here & get off these slow 3G speed just made my night

In Kerman....(yes I may be the only one in Kerman but oh well) I have a friend that actually works at Sebastian Corp. where the Sprint tower is located.  He confirmed that they are laying the 50 ft. fiber to the fiber hub in town which is in the building next door and that the cabinets are being installed.  Samsung also has rented a man lift and are preparing to update the coax to fiber.  We may be 15 mins. west of Fresno but hopefully that is a good sign for you Fresnans to our east as I take it as a good sign for us Kermanites.

• Like 2

Spoke to city hall today and none of the sites have started work in the city of Fresno ... She had told me that sprint was setting up at the sites and are just waiting for approval

Damit fresno still hasn't approved the applications its been over a month since they put them in :-/ im guessing they didn't tell you a time frame or anything

In Kerman....(yes I may be the only one in Kerman but oh well) I have a friend that actually works at Sebastian Corp. where the Sprint tower is located.  He confirmed that they are laying the 50 ft. fiber to the fiber hub in town which is in the building next door and that the cabinets are being installed.  Samsung also has rented a man lift and are preparing to update the coax to fiber.  We may be 15 mins. west of Fresno but hopefully that is a good sign for you Fresnans to our east as I take it as a good sign for us Kermanites.

Im from kerman too and man we need them to do something the internet speeds have been horrible recently