Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

It's a confused mess of boundaries in that neighborhood, total mess when there's an accident in that intersection but I'm pretty sure that's a county island which might be why the tower is in the far back corner of the lot, might make it in or out of Fresno or Clovis. My best guess is County island?

The top row of gear is what looked different to me so... bummer. Almost think it was changed out or just painted but looks way more vivid than I remember.

Google shows accurate municipal boudnaries

http://goo.gl/maps/lmZOp

It's County. Clovis owns the rail-trail, county owns Ashlan and plots on either side.

The address says "Fresno"  because "Unincorporated Fresno County" is not a thing for the mail-service. Thats also why sites way East of Clovis (ie, Shaw and Academy) will say Clovis, even though the city ends 3 miles East.

Definitely the goofiest looking tower in the LCV, but it will look better with NV hardware on it.

and to think...this little thing is serving 15000 people population! The tower has been there for over 20 years!

Glad to hear about Fresno...but what about Bakersfield?  Any news??

All the towers I've seen here in town have had the panels and RRUs replaced but since there is still no LTE signal I'm assuming no backhaul yet. Frustrating, and glance still says 4G in the next 3 months, which it's said for well over that time now. *grumble*

All the towers I've seen here in town have had the panels and RRUs replaced but since there is still no LTE signal I'm assuming no backhaul yet. Frustrating, and glance still says 4G in the next 3 months, which it's said for well over that time now. *grumble*

I called sprint (again) and the rep said lte should be in Bako by the end of October but would take three months to be fully deployed.

Backhaul has been the biggest hindrance for Network Vision. I personally feel that Sprint should have started backhaul upgrades a year before Network Vision started, but without the necessary capital, it stopped that. I really hope that backhaul work will start to speed up soon. There is a Sprint site in the same condition in Visalia. The panels are up, the RRU's are up, but the backhaul isn't in place.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Backhaul has been the biggest hindrance for Network Vision. I personally feel that Sprint should have started backhaul upgrades a year before Network Vision started, but without the necessary capital, it stopped that. I really hope that backhaul work will start to speed up soon. There is a Sprint site in the same condition in Visalia. The panels are up, the RRU's are up, but the backhaul isn't in place.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Backhaul cant be an excuse for the CV wimax sites, and yet....

When I worked on I5 McDonalds all those years ago they were closest to Mendota but their address said firebaugh which was a good 20mi away

Google shows accurate municipal boudnaries

http://goo.gl/maps/lmZOp

It's County. Clovis owns the rail-trail, county owns Ashlan and plots on either side.

The address says "Fresno" because "Unincorporated Fresno County" is not a thing for the mail-service. Thats also why sites way East of Clovis (ie, Shaw and Academy) will say Clovis, even though the city ends 3 miles East.