Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

I am still holding onto all my old phones/contracts and refusing to upgrade until it is a) confirmed that Sprint has working 4G in fresno and B) i can actually get a good signal downtown.  I am really getting sick of ping rates over 1000ms and dl speeds around .1Mbps in dowtown fresno. 

Based on Sprint's tower locations downtown, that's going to be a difficult task even with 800 SMR and LTE.

Can you expand on this?  I read it to mean that even when they upgrade that I wont be able to get any better ping or dl speeds.  Is that right?  It would seem that the business community downtown would be a good spot to have decent service.  I wonder what is going on?

• Like 1

If you are in the right spot downtown (like the courthouse) the wimax actually works really well. The convention center area is really spotty with decent here and what you describe like 25 feet away. Very spotty coverage, don't know if it's all the buildings being so close together or???

If you are in the right spot downtown (like the courthouse) the wimax actually works really well. The convention center area is really spotty with decent here and what you describe like 25 feet away. Very spotty coverage, don't know if it's all the buildings being so close together or???

I never got wimax downtown, even though sensorly shows some people do.

I am still rocking the Sierra Wireless Aircard 595U with my nice unlimited data BUT as my prior post explained, my ping is usually over 1000ms and download speeds are .1 Mbps.  It is awful.  But, I really want to stay with Sprint and not be force to move to Verizon.  As with many others I was tantalized with 4g every year and still am waiting this year for it.  I was hoping that they would broadcast a nice pretty signal downtown that would allow me something better than what I am experiencing.  At times the speeds make me feel like I am using my old Commodore 64 :) 

Any particular place downtown that you're concerned about?

Yes, Tulare and M.  I have been in several buildings in that area and all have had the same results.  I have been in interior officers and window offices and always had the exact same result, great signal (according to sprint smartview), exceptionally poor ping/speeds.

Last night at home, instead of my iphone saying sprint it said extended. What does that mean?

Next time you get that run a speed test, my brother got that on his and he ran a speed test and it was some crazy fast speeds I'll get the screen shot he took of it but if I remember correctly it was over 300 megabytes download

So I call Sprint to see when they are going to flip the switch on 4g for our local tower which all work has been done and finished.  I needed to do this because since the new hardware install (on the tower) the service (we are on the fringe) has been terrible at best when outside of my AirRave. (The panels used to point in our direction and now we are split by two panels)  So the rep tell me that there has been absolutly NO work done on our tower and that there will not be any work done for 6 months!  Um....no.  I talked to the contractor myself and yes the work is done, and yes there is 800mhz, and yes the backhaul is complete and I have pictures to prove it.  He went on to argue with me and then tells me to buy another AirRave for $100.00 to place on my grandmothers ranch home.  I was in shock. 

So I call Sprint to see when they are going to flip the switch on 4g for our local tower which all work has been done and finished.  I needed to do this because since the new hardware install (on the tower) the service (we are on the fringe) has been terrible at best when outside of my AirRave. (The panels used to point in our direction and now we are split by two panels)  So the rep tell me that there has been absolutly NO work done on our tower and that there will not be any work done for 6 months!  Um....no.  I talked to the contractor myself and yes the work is done, and yes there is 800mhz, and yes the backhaul is complete and I have pictures to prove it.  He went on to argue with me and then tells me to buy another AirRave for $100.00 to place on my grandmothers ranch home.  I was in shock. 

When we called for airave we were told no work was ongoing in Fresno and if we wanted one we had to pay $250.

Went up the ladder three levels and same story.

Not surprised by that, it's the same story in Bakersfield (minus the backhaul). I've been to the towers and actually seen the work being done yet in the CS tools (Glance) they all still say scheduled in the next 3 months.

Cool your jets. I found the first LCV NV site back in June, and even it has not been turned up yet. Nothing good happens quickly.

Cool your jets. I found the first LCV NV site back in June, and even it has not been turned up yet. Nothing good happens quickly.

it wasn't the actual tower I was upset with.When I was told that I dont know what I was talking about and that they "in fact" have done nothing to the Kerman tower. That is what got me fired up. Oh and that I should just buy another AirRave.

My family ranch have been loyal to Sprint back in the Nextel days and have found that Sprint is a great company and I will wait and be patient but to be treated like a liar, wow.