Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

And Bakersfield is nowhere to be seen...I remember hearing mid 2013 and that has come and gone. My contract just expired and looking to upgrade.

I thought I remember seeing that someone had found work going on in Bakersfield about a month back. The Lower Central Valley is going, it's just going slow right now. Things will pick up pretty quickly from there.

So I had a few questions guys

1: I see you guys posted the permit request for Fresno based towers are those already approved or is that just what sprint has filed for?

2: if that's just request for permits how long does it usually take for approval or denial and any idea when we can see work being done to the Fresno area?

So I had a few questions guys

1: I see you guys posted the permit request for Fresno based towers are those already approved or is that just what sprint has filed for?

2: if that's just request for permits how long does it usually take for approval or denial and any idea when we can see work being done to the Fresno area?

Matthew would have to answer #1 as he's in contact with Fresno directly.

But for #2, It can vary from a day to 6 months, and sometimes more. Some jurisdictions are worse when it comes to approving permits, and some are very nice. And then you have bozo's who are too stupid to include all the paperwork, don't finish it completely, submit wrong supporting paperwork with some site work permits. It just varies.

Edit: :welc: to S4GRU. We hope you enjoy the content that has been posted here.

If you would like to, we have a map of the permits that have been issued for the Lower Central Valley Network Vision upgrades in our Sponsors section. Consider becoming a Sponsor to help defray the costs associated with hosting this site, by visiting this post here for more information.

I guess I'll wait on Mathew for the first answer then haha and thanks for responding so fast I guess ill just keep my eye out I drive by a majority of those areas everyday

Glad to hear we have another Fresno tower watcher. And you're welcome for the answer I could give.

• Like 1

From what i know Sprint Only Has Two Towers That Been Approved But they are not on the list i gave.....The Lady i know at city hall is a planner and she informed me she was gonna work with sprint on there permits :) She also said that she was gonna have them finished by the end of next week.Once Her and sprint Plan everything out then will be submitted to another dept in the permit process.....She said hopefully Sprint would start work in less than a month If everything with planning goes good .But i will keep everyone up with the process

• Like 1

Have a family member wanting to leave the sprint train because for the past 2 weeks shes been dropping every other call. I recommended she call for an airave.

Was told theyre not free and theyre not in stock.

WTF?

yes they still are Free if they don't already have one & where she is is a dead zone or grey area I have a Back door # to call them to get one free 866 556 7310

jqjEkd6.jpg

cough

OK where is this Tower in Bakersfield? I did see this afternoon someone working on a tower yet did see who's there were 3 towers next to each other & have no clue if Sprint was 1 of them if any knows if it was Sprint please let me know thanx the street I saw it on was off of  Brundage

Hello, I live in southeast Fresno near Clovis & kings canyon. Any news on when that area is supposed to get 4G ?

Work should be starting in the Fresno area within the next month. Work will continue on to early next year with final completion around the summer time.

Work should be starting in the Fresno area within the next month. Work will continue on to early next year with final completion around the summer time.

Very Sad News to hear that Fresno will take another year to get 4G so then looks like Bakersfield will be still not be getting any faster than Fresno

Very Sad News to hear that Fresno will take another year to get 4G so then looks like Bakersfield will be still not be getting any faster than Fresno

It will take a year to deploy the whole area with LTE. Individual sites should start to go online in Fresno by the end of this month/early September. Bakersfield should start going live with LTE sometime this month or as late as next month. 2 of the 4 sites in Visalia have already received their new panels and RRU's. 1 site is waiting for backhaul work to start, not sure about the other one though.

It will take a year to deploy the whole area with LTE. Individual sites should start to go online in Fresno by the end of this month/early September. Bakersfield should start going live with LTE sometime this month or as late as next month. 2 of the 4 sites in Visalia have already received their new panels and RRU's. 1 site is waiting for backhaul work to start, not sure about the other one though.

Theres no guarantee there will be LTE in Fresno this or next months. All the deployments in the LCV been 3G so far.

Look at Pheonix....completely covered with NV....

and not one LTE site.

Theres no guarantee there will be LTE in Fresno this or next months. All the deployments in the LCV been 3G so far.

Most of the deployments have been GMO sites so far. Full build sites just haven't gone to mainstream acceptance yet. But I believe that once backhaul deployment is going full steam, we will see a mass load of 4G acceptances in the LCV, and I believe that it'll start really soon.

Look at Pheonix....completely covered with NV....

and not one LTE site.

You cannot compare Pheonix with Fresno or any of the LCV areas. 

Pheonix belongs to Alcatel-Lucent who is the slowest in deploying 4G out of the three vendors due to their modus operandi whereas LCV is serviced by Samsung who is the most aggressive of the three vendors in terms of 4G deployment. 

Furthermore, it was always expected that the first LTE sites to come online in the LCV to be in the late august / september time frame. 

You cannot compare Pheonix with Fresno or any of the LCV areas. 

Pheonix belongs to Alcatel-Lucent who is the slowest in deploying 4G out of the three vendors due to their modus operandi whereas LCV is serviced by Samsung who is the most aggressive of the three vendors in terms of 4G deployment. 

Furthermore, it was always expected that the first LTE sites to come online in the LCV to be in the late august / september time frame. 

Who is doing the coast? Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Ventura etc - they've been in NV land for months and months, with not one 4G site.

Was this before or after the entire NV schedule fell a year behind?

OK where is this Tower in Bakersfield? I did see this afternoon someone working on a tower yet did see who's there were 3 towers next to each other & have no clue if Sprint was 1 of them if any knows if it was Sprint please let me know thanx the street I saw it on was off of  Brundage

This one is on Union Ave south of Brundage. There is another tower on Brundage near Oak that has new panels and RRUs but AFAIK no new cabinets.

Who is doing the coast? Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Ventura etc - they've been in NV land for months and months, with not one 4G site.

Was this before or after the entire NV schedule fell a year behind?

Alcatel Lucent is doing the North LA Market. Most of the sites along the coast are GMO sites anyway.

Thanx for the update