Network Vision/LTE - Chicago Market

thesickness069

Weren't you waiting for the iphone? It's out now! Triband! It's a marvelous thing, or do you want to continue dealing with a shitty device and horrible service lol. Time for an upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

I think Joey was torn between either buying a galaxy s5, or finding a new provider that serves the area he frequents better than Sprint.

Sent from my iPhone 6

I think Joey was torn between either buying a galaxy s5, or finding a new provider that serves the area he frequents better than Sprint.

Sent from my iPhone 6

I think he may already have the provider that can serve his needs, he just does not have the best tool for taking advantage of what Sprint can offer him. If I were Joey, I would give a new triband device a fair shake with Sprint on the 14 day trial period (iPhone 6 for best network results imo) and then if he's not satisfied, seek elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone 6 on the Now Network

• Like 3

I think he may already have the provider that can serve his needs, he just does not have the best tool for taking advantage of what Sprint can offer him. If I were Joey, I would give a new triband device a fair shake with Sprint on the 14 day trial period (iPhone 6 for best network results imo) and then if he's not satisfied, seek elsewhere.

I would've done this months ago. A nexus 5 would've been in my hands the day I found out (from this forum) about triband...

It wouldn't even require a second thought

I would've done this months ago. A nexus 5 would've been in my hands the day I found out (from this forum) about triband...

It wouldn't even require a second thought

Exactly what happened to me. When I became a premier sponsor and found out that Clear 41 was all around me in Orlando, I placed an order for a Nexus 5. Then had it rooted and on B41 within 2 weeks.

Comparing my device and the network situation now to last year when I still had the GS3, its a night and day difference. And it's getting better every day.

c4416a11cac58029d97024833638965f.jpg

Driving through Sox park on 35th st in the middle of the game on B25 (not second carrier). I'm surprised it was working so well!

There's spark all over that area, and blanketing the stadium. I'm surprised you were on 25.

Sent from my iPhone 6

There's spark all over that area, and blanketing the stadium. I'm surprised you were on 25.

Sent from my iPhone 6

I was coming from Halsted and 33rd where I don't pick up any B41 so it wasn't connected by the time I got there.

10-30mbps down all day in Chicago. Right outside the Chicago theater, and near the river. Tons of people. Band 41 the whole time. Kiss my ass, red, blue, and magenta. Yes, I was running speed tests while taking my wedding photos. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411853349.167205.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6

• Like 12

10-30mbps down all day in Chicago. Right outside the Chicago theater, and near the river. Tons of people. Band 41 the whole time. Kiss my ass, red, blue, and magenta. Yes, I was running speed tests while taking my wedding photos. attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411853349.167205.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6

And to think that's just one 20 MHz TDD LTE carrier. There will be another 20 MHz later this year and another 20 next year for an eventual total of 120mhz of lte spectrum!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

10-30mbps down all day in Chicago. Right outside the Chicago theater, and near the river. Tons of people. Band 41 the whole time. Kiss my ass, red, blue, and magenta. Yes, I was running speed tests while taking my wedding photos. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1411853349.167205.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6

ROTFL!!!  My god, man, It was your WEDDING!!!

• Like 5

10-30mbps down all day in Chicago. Right outside the Chicago theater, and near the river. Tons of people. Band 41 the whole time. Kiss my ass, red, blue, and magenta. Yes, I was running speed tests while taking my wedding photos. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1411853349.167205.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6

Spoken like a true S4GRU head! Congrats bro.
  • Like 3

Sent from my iPhone 6

Congrats again vince!! That is a true loyal s4gru fellower, cares more about this website then his own wedding pictures :rasp:

• Like 2

You stole John Legere's bike at your wedding?  Nice prank!

AJ

• Like 10

You stole John Legere's bike at your wedding? Nice prank!

AJ

Some lady was riding it when my photographer wanted it for a picture. I thought it was a dumb idea, but I paid her to think that day, so I went with it.

Sent from my iPhone 6

• Like 2

There's also been a lot of B25 optimization occurring with B26 optimizations.  This may adjust B25 out of your area.  You really, really need a Triband device if you are going to stay with Sprint.  And now that you have damaged your phone, sounds like a good time.

I am up for upgrade in one week, the time has finally come!

• Like 2

I was inside Ogilvie twice last night (coming in, going out) and got B25/2nd carrier on the outbound trip.  I did not see carrier 1, but that was probably because I was getting B26 and Clear B41 coming in.  On B25, I didn't note the signal strength, but was getting very fast response sitting on the choo-choo waiting to head out (I was, or course, checking S4GRU, as I had been out of touch for a couple of hours :) ).  Hope that helps.

Yeah thanks for checking in.

Weren't you waiting for the iphone? It's out now! Triband! It's a marvelous thing, or do you want to continue dealing with a shitty device and horrible service lol. Time for an upgrade.

Yes Yes I know, plus I was saying I cracked the hell out of this screen, but come on man they sold me a device with a 2 year contract and upgrade period and $400 ETF.  Thats what the market dictated was the normal buying cycle to me.  My 2 years is up on one week. Its time for iPhone6 or the GS5 Sport.

Yes Yes I know, plus I was saying I cracked the hell out of this screen, but come on man they sold me a device with a 2 year contract and upgrade period and $400 ETF. Thats what the market dictated was the normal buying cycle to me. My 2 years is up on one week. Its time for iPhone6 or the GS5 Sport.

I renewed my 2 year contract 5 months early 2 weeks ago and it only cost me 100 bucks... That's because of my buy back though for my 5s.