Network Vision/LTE - Chicago Market

thesickness069

I am getting a ton of bouncing between LTE and 3G and the phone flashing in and out of service all around town this weekend. Something is def up.

I've been dropping to 3G all day, even in my strong signal areas. Strange.

• Like 1

I activated my Nexus 5 on my Sprint line for the first time and was pleasantly surprised to see this phone hangs onto band 25 and overall LTE signal much better then my 5S! Funny since my N5 acts like its allergic to LTE on the GSM side.

Anyways with the N5 all those LTE deadspots I'd get with the iPhone (despite B26 being available) have vanished.

I also picked up B41 for the first time ever! In Munster, IN. 3d73fda046a422259ead5f06dff682bf.jpgdbf6b15b6dca5d7d5cc6d2e02621d896.jpg

• Like 6

I activated my Nexus 5 on my Sprint line for the first time and was pleasantly surprised to see this phone hangs onto band 25 and overall LTE signal much better then my 5S! Funny since my N5 acts like its allergic to LTE on the GSM side.

Anyways with the N5 all those LTE deadspots I'd get with the iPhone (despite B26 being available) have vanished.

I also picked up B41 for the first time ever! In Munster, IN.

I had to re-read that.  At first I thought you said you were getting B41 in MUNCIE!  I was like, 8T8R in the Wild live and running in Muncie!  WOOHOO!  And then, I re-read it and it said Munster.  Oh well.  Good report all the same!

Robert

• Like 1

I had to re-read that. At first I thought you said you were getting B41 in MUNCIE! I was like, 8T8R in the Wild live and running in Muncie! WOOHOO! And then, I re-read it and it said Munster. Oh well. Good report all the same!

Robert

That would be amazing. I am seeing 8T8R panels pop up all over northern Lake County though. It'll be like Christmas when those go live! The one I picked up is just a Clearwire site in Munster

Currently experiencing no data in Northwest IN. Still connected to LTE and just received a call successfully from my mother to tell me her phone had no data too. So there's an outage happening as of about 15 minutes prior to this post.

I don't know what they did but today I could hold a phone conversation 1 mile south of Central DuPage Hospital in the woods south of Winfield.  This is the first time in years that the voice hole in this heavily populated road area has not dropped my call in this area.

I hope this stays this way.

• Like 1

That service downtime hit the south burbs at exactly 0010 (my SiriusXM app stopped and I was connected to LTE but it was dead). It lasted until 0230. Hopefully it was a rolling software update to help with load balancing, and to include band 26 in that mix. A guy can hope, can't he?

If there was an upgrade planned I'm sure the accompanying outage wasn't.

1x data seemed to work for me during the outage. Sprint dc continued to work during the outage which was odd.

If there was an upgrade planned I'm sure the accompanying outage wasn't.

1x data seemed to work for me during the outage. Sprint dc continued to work during the outage which was odd.

But the outage rolled geographically, seemingly, north to south. What if they had to push something to every tower; wouldn't that cause the data side to go down while servers reboot? Phone calls worked fine. I'm not that knowledgable about this kind of stuff, so I'm just throwing thoughts out there.

It rolled? I thought it just went down.

If it did roll then your likely right unless once the upgrade started it couldn't be stopped as it propagated through the network. I can say that at my job if I purposefully caused a outage during working hours I would be fired on the spot.

The only thing I can tell you for sure is I didn't cause the outage. Lol

Hey guys, I'm new to post here but have dropped in occasionally to lurk over the years. I woke up this morning to some great speeds at around 27 down and 8 or so up after that outage last night.

aUx6K9G.png?1

Was this an upgrade? And if so, will this effect how Sprint's network's handling or larger crowds/amount of people?

• Like 1

Hey guys, I'm new to post here but have dropped in occasionally to lurk over the years. I woke up this morning to some great speeds at around 27 down and 8 or so up after that outage last night.

aUx6K9G.png?1

Was this an upgrade? And if so, will this effect how Sprint's network's handling or larger crowds/amount of people?

We don't know what that was all about. They could have coincidentally activated band 26 on your local tower. Check the field test screen for your connected band. Dial *3001#12345#* then "serving cell info."

bf5299a71832ac635a6cb4af5e4409b1.jpg

So I'm finally getting the second carrier in my living room! This probably means it's finally on across Lake County, IN! This means I should blaze along everywhere I can get an LTE signal (congestion wasn't too bad with a single carrier)

• Like 1

I think I finally found a high capacity site. Plus, it looks like there's 8t8r on the rack, too. Thoughts?

a229a43cc368df00a513a7befa3cd76c.jpg

Yup. One sector was moved up a rack too.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk