Atlanta, GA LTE (Live)

danielholt

000 here. :(

I don't why I laughed when I read this, sorry. LOL

Anyway, does yours really say version 000?

• Like 1

I don't why I laughed when I read this, sorry. LOL

Anyway, does yours really say version 000?

LOL No worries. No, that was my way of saying I don't have one (but want one!).

• Like 1

LOL No worries. No, that was my way of saying I don't have one (but want one!).

LMAO, ok. Well go and get one already.

• Like 1

im 003 also, I am hoping the connectivity issue is software and not hardware. although it has not happened while I was using data, my 3g signal dissappears and reappears a few times. I did notice dropped calls and heat when I was running a customer rom.

I hope they flip the switch before and or come up with a software patch before the S3 drops so I can decided if I need to trade in for an s3. I hope not I am loving my evo

I think that just about seals the deal for me. I was trying to decide which one to buy (evo vs gs3)...seems like a no brainer. Evo seems to be having some problems. Connectivity issues, heat, wifi issues...GS3 all the way for me.

• Like 1

I think that just about seals the deal for me. I was trying to decide which one to buy (evo vs gs3)...seems like a no brainer. Evo seems to be having some problems. Connectivity issues, heat, wifi issues...GS3 all the way for me.

Of course, you're assuming no issues with the GS3. Which is easy since noone has them and can report the problems yet. :)

The Evo is supposed to have a software fix for the LTE connectivity issues, as Robert has reported before, which would eliminate that issue

Since I won't have LTE here for a while, I think I'll wait and see how the GS3 shakes out in people's hands before I make a decision.

• Like 1

Of course, you're assuming no issues with the GS3. Which is easy since noone has them and can report the problems yet. :)

<quote snipped>

It's funny how unreleased tech always seems to work so much better than whatever it is you're using now.

• Like 6

This!

Im sticking with the Evo, does anyone remember the LoS issues the E4gT had/has??

• Like 4

This!

Im sticking with the Evo' date=' does anyone remember the LoS issues the E4gT had/has??[/quote']

I certainly do!

Robert via Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

• Like 1

another thing I have noticed is that cdma/lte is when I get heat issues and where the 3g signals drops in and out. I go a day on cdma/lte to test battery and then a day on cdma only. when on cdma/lte it almost seems like to phone its trying to connect to Lte, the phone looses signal or a few seconds as it is switching like the og evo, the it cycles back to rev a

another thing I have noticed is that cdma/lte is when I get heat issues and where the 3g signals drops in and out. I go a day on cdma/lte to test battery and then a day on cdma only. when on cdma/lte it almost seems like to phone its trying to connect to Lte, the phone looses signal or a few seconds as it is switching like the og evo, the it cycles back to rev a

I am having the same thing when I am at work with the heat and up and down signal. My company has femtocells in the office and I thought it was that until my 4G lit up this morning. It is getting intermittent signal. Got a few speed tests off of it using Ookla’s Speed Test app. At 10:50 am got 6332 kbps (6.18 Mbps) up / 13070 kbps (12.76 Mbps) down with a Ping of 49 ms. At 10:07 I got (6.54 Mbps)/ (5.67 Mbps) with a Ping of 65. Both tests were on my HTC EVO 4G LTE hardware version 003.

I am in the Sandy Springs area, around I-285 and US 19 (SR400). Northside Hospital area.

Edited by SlackBlade
  • Like 1

I am having the same thing when I am at work with the heat and up and down signal. My company has femtocells in the office and I thought it was that until my 4G lit up this morning. It is getting intermittent signal. Got a few speed tests off of it using Ookla’s Speed Test app. At 10:50 am got 6332 kbps (6.18 Mbps) up / 13070 kbps (12.76 Mbps) down with a Ping of 49 ms. At 10:07 I got (6.54 Mbps)/ (5.67 Mbps) with a Ping of 65. Both tests were on my HTC EVO 4G LTE hardware version 003.

I am in the Sandy Springs area, around I-285 and US 19 (SR400). Northside Hospital area.

How close are you to the hospital?

I am on the 16th floor of one of the 20 stories by it. Old Cingular building. Exit 4 SR400 south, top of exit.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

There are a few towers within 2 miles or so that have been live since last month and the month before but I am almost positive those are getting blocked. There is one about 2 miles south west of your location thats schedule to have 4g turned on June 16th so you may be getting a signal from that one. When ever you leave where you are, if you don't mind, if you still have a 4g signal, could you please give an update as to your location? It would help me narrow down which tower it could from.

I took a couple of screen shots. Let me know what to use and I will be happy to try it on my HTC EVO 4G LTE.

Brown ones are Netmonitor and map is open signals (maps?).

post-1914-13396940838873_thumb.jpg

post-1914-13396940997118_thumb.jpg

post-1914-13396941142863_thumb.jpg

post-1914-13396941705655_thumb.jpg

It may look strange because, like on said before, my company has femtocell and looks like a mixture of the 2. The 18 range is probably the femtocell. Not really sure, just trying to help. ;)

There are a few towers within 2 miles or so that have been live since last month and the month before but I am almost positive those are getting blocked. There is one about 2 miles south west of your location thats schedule to have 4g turned on June 16th so you may be getting a signal from that one. When ever you leave where you are, if you don't mind, if you still have a 4g signal, could you please give an update as to your location? It would help me narrow down which tower it could from.

With that signal there is no way the tower is 2 miles away. more like 2 yards :) We might have a tower on a little early, closest I found using the lat and long is AT03XC001?

EDIT, Forgot he is in the 16th story, I am going to go with AT03XC089 or AT03XC088 as that is scheduled to turn on tomorrow

With that signal there is no way the tower is 2 miles away. more like 2 yards :) We might have a tower on a little early, closest I found using the lat and long is AT03XC001?

EDIT, Forgot he is in the 16th story, I am going to go with AT03XC089 or AT03XC088 as that is scheduled to turn on tomorrow

Exactly, I figured it wouldn't be AT03XC089 since thats been live since april so I was thinking AT03XC088 since that one is schedule to go live on the June 16th so maybe they are slightly ahead of schedule with that particular site.

Exactly, I figured it wouldn't be AT03XC089 since thats been live since april so I was thinking AT03XC088 since that one is schedule to go live on the June 16th so maybe they are slightly ahead of schedule with that particular site.

I beleive that is classified. Come chime in on the Chicago forum