Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Quick question, not sure if it's the right location to post, but is anyone aware of SouthernLinc using B26? I was perusing the facebook Tower Climbers group and came across this post. Read the model of the RRU....Am I just late to the party or is this news?

OXcTAKJ.jpg

Quick question, not sure if it's the right location to post, but is anyone aware of SouthernLinc using B26? I was perusing the facebook Tower Climbers group and came across this post. Read the model of the RRU....Am I just late to the party or is this news?

Disregard my previous post...I see SouthernLinc is replacing their iDen network with LTE and using these RRUs...Carry On

• Like 2

Can everyone just stop posting on the Disqus comments on Fierce? Is that too much to ask?

I don't think people are using multiple ID's there, but really, just stop replying to Fabian.

Why are you giving into his requests? He has insulted and ignored other people's requests. Let him think what he wants to. S4GRU is not judged by what's going on on Fiecewireless.

Sent from my M8

• Like 4

Why are you giving into his requests? He has insulted and ignored other people's requests. Let him think what he wants to. S4GRU is not judged by what's going on on Fiecewireless.

Sent from my M8

It is all attention seeking. See, this isn't about T-Mobile. It's about him. You get that, it's far easier to deal with it.

• Like 4

Disregard my previous post...I see SouthernLinc is replacing their iDen network with LTE and using these RRUs...Carry On

Hopefully that means RRPP access for us Sprint folk is coming soon; post-Alltel EVDO shutdown, coverage in a lot of rural Georgia has gotten painful.

• Like 2

Can everyone just stop posting on the Disqus comments on Fierce? Is that too much to ask?

I don't think people are using multiple ID's there, but really, just stop replying to Fabian.

It is all attention seeking. See, this isn't about T-Mobile. It's about him. You get that, it's far easier to deal with it.

A complete moratorium on S4GRU members commenting at FierceWireless seems like an extreme measure.  And, I agree, that somewhat plays into the demagogues' and trolls' hands, letting them hold their little exclusive fiefdom over FierceWireless comments sections.

That said, S4GRU members need to do better, be more professional.  Do not use multiple Disqus accounts.  Sign your name to your comments.  Polish your writing skills.  But, mostly, cut down on the volume -- comment only as necessary.

Comment just to provide factual information.  Comment just to correct anti factual information.  I had to do so a few weeks ago on a T-Mobile article -- because Phil Goldstein got his facts wrong in the article.  Whenever S4GRU members comment, though, do not get into petty fights with Fabian Cortez or his ilk.

Agreed?

AJ

• Like 22

Listen, it's obvious what the person in question is. He is a troll and he is everything he calls everyone else. 

There is nothing fundamentally wrong with what you said or did, Ascertion. The way he responded, and what he said proves what a lame troll and how pompous he is. But by replying, you are feeding him. He wants that. He spends hours a day waiting for it. Don't give him what he wants. 

To everyone out there, S4GRU or not: avoid feeding them. He and the others will make stuff up and say untrue, ridiculous and inflammatory things just to get your attention, even to get you to say they are untrue. He will deflect, divert, play victim, play moderator, and do whatever he can to get attention. That's how he rolls. That's why you don't ever respond to him or the others. And if one ever does or must, you ignore his games, slam his bs and move on. 

• Like 5

Hopefully that means RRPP access for us Sprint folk is coming soon; post-Alltel EVDO shutdown, coverage in a lot of rural Georgia has gotten painful.

Unless I am wrong, SouthernLINC is doing band 27 LTE -- because it holds SMR 800 MHz spectrum that extends below the lower frequency limits of band 26.

AJ

A complete moratorium on S4GRU members commenting at FierceWireless seems like an extreme measure.  And, I agree, that somewhat plays into the demagogues' and trolls' hands, letting them hold their little exclusive fiefdom over FierceWireless comments sections.

That said, S4GRU members need to do better, be more professional.  Do not use multiple Disqus accounts.  Sign your name to your comments.  Polish your writing skills.  But, mostly, cut down on the volume -- comment only as necessary.

Comment just to provide factual information.  Comment just to correct anti factual information.  I had to do so a few weeks ago on a T-Mobile article -- because Phil Goldstein got his facts wrong in the article.  Whenever S4GRU members comment, though, do not get into petty fights with Fabian Cortez or his ilk.

Agreed?

AJ

Agreed.
  • Like 2

Unless I am wrong, SouthernLINC is doing band 27 LTE -- because it holds SMR 800 MHz spectrum that extends below the lower frequency limits of band 26.

AJ

Band 26*... They're hopping on the sprint ecosystem remember.

We did find 5x5 sprint b26 inside their territory.

Sent from my Nexus 5

He is so bad that the Tmobile Magenta reddit members are happy hat he hasn't ever posted there. Even the majority of Magentas despise him.

Something strange about a troll like that because most trolls vanish with time,but this one emerged since Legere took over Tmobile. 

• Like 6

Band 26*... They're hopping on the sprint ecosystem remember.

We did find 5x5 sprint b26 inside their territory.

But is that band 26 as MFBI?  Bar none, SouthernLINC holds SMR 800 MHz spectrum below 814 MHz on the uplink and 859 MHz on the downlink.  That spectrum is unusable for band 26, only band 27.  So, if SouthernLINC does not do band 27, it will orphan that spectrum -- or leave it decrepit iDEN forever -- and be able to deploy only a piddling 3 MHz FDD carrier.

AJ

But is that band 26 as MFBI?  Bar none, SouthernLINC holds SMR 800 MHz spectrum below 814 MHz on the uplink and 859 MHz on the downlink.  That spectrum is unusable for band 26, only band 27.  So, if SouthernLINC does not do band 27, it will orphan that spectrum -- or leave it decrepit iDEN forever -- and be able to deploy only a piddling 3 MHz FDD carrier.

AJ

No this is straight out Band 26. They're using Ericsson RRUS11 B26Bs which are only capable of 817-824 MHz. 

No this is straight out Band 26. They're using Ericsson RRUS11 B26Bs which are only capable of 817-824 MHz. 

If you say so.  But that means SouthernLINC can deploy LTE only in places where Sprint has no current band class 10 nor band 26 operations.  Anywhere near Atlanta, for example, is completely off limits.

AJ

If you say so.  But that means SouthernLINC can deploy LTE only in places where Sprint has no current band class 10 nor band 26 operations.  Anywhere near Atlanta, for example, is completely off limits.

AJ

Considering they are a Sprint RRPP member it stands to chance that they've worked out where to deploy their sites / spectrum so that they're complementary to Sprints network. 

The pro Tmobile posters:

Stefan Naumowicks= probably a corporate Tmobile employee

Tony= doesn't know how to spell, but he is our favorite tech troll Richard Yarell

Willie D = Another Tmobile troll that is a bitter anti Sprint, probably used Sprint back in 2011-2012 when they were crap, but still think Sprint has the same network.

DougLTE= probably the biggest liar, still think Sprint network is crap, and before his experience was in northern California, but now this troll lives in Las Vegas. According to him Sprint sucks in Las Vegas too when he doesn't even use Sprint.

KenP= Another Magenta troll,but he goes alone with what his leader Fabian says

Maximus1901= Was banned from here enough said..

S. Ali= Used to troll a lot,but since he has to work he hardly comes by anymore. Unlike certain individual that lives at Fierce wireless

Registered User=  Another magenta troll that post a lot of false statements about Sprint, and still think   Sprint has the same network they had in 2012.

Xmiro= New to the scene,but its a Magenta troll that loves to shove everyone throat Tmobile quarter numbers.

Fabian Cortez= The leader of the cult of magentas, He loves to spill crap about competition. He says we need four carriers yet he is bashing Sprint 24/7. I exposed his B.S because his true motives is three carriers,but none named Sprint. 

He wants Tmobile to be the third and final carrier, but he wants Sprint spectrum in Tmobile hands. He is so sure they will acquire  a nationwide 10x10 600mhz.

• Like 4

He is so bad that the Tmobile Magenta reddit members are happy hat he hasn't ever posted there. Even the majority of Magentas despise him.

Something strange about a troll like that because most trolls vanish with time,but this one emerged since Legere took over Tmobile.

I would just vote for the option "lacks self-awareness." I know the feeling, there's probably times in my online life where I lacked it. I would hope that I've never been that bad.

Funny part is most of the pro-TMo crowd I've ever encountered have been stand up people in real life. There's bad actors in each and every faction. It's like a team that gets a bunch of wins getting bandwagon fans.

• Like 4

I rarely comment on that site any more simply becauSe anything pro sprint, he comments on and bombards you with his fan boy logic. Tiresome. And i no longer care about anything he has to say because absolutely nothing will ever change his mind about anything. You're talking to a brick wall. No a carbon fiber wall reinforced with steel and sound dampening material, and that has a force field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I think it's all silly to be honest. It's ok to be competitive but when you take it to the extreme it's sad. It's almost as if some people are battling like religion and your carrier is going to determine if you're going to heaven or hell. At the end of the day no matter what carrier you have, they don't care about you or I because all they really want from us is the money out of our pockets. The only thank you we get is the "Thank you your payment has been successfully submitted."

• Like 8

Some. Not all.

Most will be fed by traditional microwave and fiber as places where Sprint wants to deploy pico cells typically already have options readily available.

Admittedly I should search but....

... Where are these pico cells going to be mounted generally speaking.

Local town buildings?

Admittedly I should search but....

... Where are these pico cells going to be mounted generally speaking.

Local town buildings?

Poles.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I think it's all silly to be honest. It's ok to be competitive but when you take it to the extreme it's sad. It's almost as if some people are battling like religion and your carrier is going to determine if you're going to heaven or hell. At the end of the day no matter what carrier you have, they don't care about you or I because all they really want from us is the money out of our pockets. The only thank you we get is the "Thank you your payment has been successfully submitted."

Your last sentence is key. At some point, the TMo fanboys got the impression that Legere is their buddy and will perform magic tricks for them. I'm super happy that TMo has stepped up their game, but folks need to not just understand, but truly comprehend that businesses are in the business of making money. No publically traded company makes decisions (on purpose) that will cause them to be less profitable over the long haul.

• Like 2