Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Another disappointing report from Port St. Lucie, FL... I will say speeds have increased and the network is better, but the densification of cell sites compared to all the other carriers is weak...honestly almost 2 other carriers to 1 Sprint. Can't wait for NGN!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Maybe AT&T could under President Trump.

If so, I am against gun control -- so that I easily could buy a gun and shoot myself in the head.  I would no longer want to be alive in a country where the American populace has become so vapidly stupid that it is pro celebrity, anti intellectual for our national government leadership.

AJ

• Like 14

If so, I am against gun control -- so that I easily could buy a gun and shoot myself in the head. I would no longer want to be alive in a country where the American populace has become so vapidly stupid that it is pro celebrity, anti intellectual for our national government leadership.

AJ

I'm just saying... I am for Bernie myself so I can understand completely.

• Like 8

Ok not trying to be an *** but are you serious? The just bought dtv. Going after Tmo again would get killed again. And certainly with the auction coming the gov isn't going to allow any merger. - yet. Att would by spectrum from dish or sign some agreement with dish if they became that crunched. Dish is the one who HAS to do something soon. I also believe somewhere it was mentioned att and sprint could swap some spectrum to give themselves wider bands.

as spectrum gets thin the new tech is how to add capacity with what they have.

All the carriers have a plan for dishes spectrum they are just waiting for Charlie ... Which they might be waiting a while on. But believe me. The first one to officially not bid is probably because they are going after dish and /or their spectrum.

I don't see this happening right now, as you are correct about the DirecTv deal being too close for this to happen so soon afterwards. If it were to happen at all, as I'm only speculating the possibility from what I've read and put together as an idea of things possibly to come, then perhaps not until pre- or post- merger. Alot of it has to do with what the carriers claims of their needs are around the time.

This could lead to a big discussion, which I imagine S4GRU might have when the auction date is announced officially, or nearer to that date. The discussion being the impact that the auction will have on the carriers and what they will do next. All of it depending on who gets what. I suppose what I'm doing is looking ahead and putting together possibilities not only relating to that auction, but mixing in all of the merger ideas and the network reports, then writing about what I see possibly happening.

Not to change the subject but there seem to be a growing number of posts on community.sprint.com about folks not having data, voice or texts. 

Are there some major upgrades going on on anywhere right now that all these people are complaining?

Not that complaining is anything unusual over there...

That's basically the trend. They easily land #2 or #3 in reliability, calling, and usually texting, but their data is either still a bit painful, or just getting there. Otherwise they outright win #1 or #2 as Sprint's long-goal is. 

For real world use, so long as you can pull 3-5 megabits down pretty much always, that's actually quite good. Even most red check users are unaware they can barely pull even 1 most of the time on their LTE or 3G connections, so you guys need to keep that in mind.

As such, Sprint's probably perfectly fine for everyday use in the majority of these markets, but the data just isn't all there for the e-you-know-what. 

Yep.  You took the words right out of my mouth.

To the end user, which is truly more important?  Network reliability or network speed?

The general impression -- which third party testing results have tended to corroborate -- is that T-Mobile more frequently bounces between fast LTE data speeds and GSM or no service.  Not so reliable.  Sprint has swatches of fast data speeds, underlaid by a bed of moderate to slow LTE or EV-DO data speeds.  Slow not in a bad sense, just not e-penis fast.  Either way, more reliable.

AJ

• Like 4

Not to change the subject but there seem to be a growing number of posts on community.sprint.com about folks not having data, voice or texts.

Are there some major upgrades going on on anywhere right now that all these people are complaining?

Not that complaining is anything usual over there...

Sprint tweeted awhile ago about an outage in OH, IL, IN and WI if I recall... Should be resolved now though...

Edit: Photo attach, guess there's still some outages...

4319e3703e489722eccedd77fd849601.jpg

I'm just saying... I am for Bernie myself so I can understand completely.

I use to be very political. Although, I'm not much so these days. I just want there to be a government that supports the best healthcare for everyone without financial burden on the individual, is against the drug war, supports people who are physically ill to the fullest in every way possible, with needs to give them the best quality-of-life, and of course what I'm known to support publicly in the media, access to the most peaceful and painless forms of aid-in-dying.

Besides that (to be on topic with wireless discussion), I'm glad John Legere isn't a candidate for presidency.

Sprint tweeted awhile ago about an outage in OH, IL, IN and MI if I recall... Should be resolved now though...

There have been some storms around here today, some areas alot worse than others. Maybe that has something to do with the outage?

Sprint tweeted awhile ago about an outage in OH, IL, IN and MI if I recall... Should be resolved now though...

Thanks for the info...I really hope it is sign of Sprint doing some upgrades....

Found this link:

http://www.ibtimes.com/sprint-restores-network-following-multistate-outage-2104714

• Like 1

Looks like there's still some issues.

Sprintcare just tweeted to a customer about 10min ago that they are still experiencing some outage issues in the Chicago area. Maybe just residual...

Someone I know who lives very close to me and is using Sprint had a voice/SMS outage earlier around 5-6 PM. It may have been some sort of coincidence but it happened around the time a big storm swept through.

I would no longer want to be alive in a country where the American populace has become so vapidly stupid that it is pro celebrity, anti intellectual for our national government leadership.

It was commonly said about Ronald Reagan too when he ran for President.  But Donald Trump is no Reagan.

• Like 6

If so, I am against gun control -- so that I easily could buy a gun and shoot myself in the head. I would no longer want to be alive in a country where the American populace has become so vapidly stupid that it is pro celebrity, anti intellectual for our national government leadership.

AJ

Welcome to 2008....again ????

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Just saw a Sprint ad for iPhone forever involving a lie detector. It did a decent job of getting the message across.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prince Royce and what seems suspiciously close to the ATT girl, simple and straight to the point.
  • Like 1

Just saw a Sprint ad for iPhone forever involving a lie detector. It did a decent job of getting the message across.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya...I actually liked the Sprint ad!

I saw it during the Redskins vs Rams game this afternoon.

Looks like SoftBank has been testing out some Airspan small cells. Seems like they would be a great ngn vendor with their nlos backhaul products and previous small cell tests with Sprint.

http://www.slideshare.net/SmallCellForum1/airspan-network-densification-using-outdoor-and-indoor-small-cells

• Like 3

Looks like SoftBank has been testing out some Airspan small cells. Seems like they would be a great ngn vendor with their nlos backhaul products and previous small cell tests with Sprint.

http://www.slideshare.net/SmallCellForum1/airspan-network-densification-using-outdoor-and-indoor-small-cells

AirSpan / Alcatel-Lucent, Samsung, Nokia, and Ericsson so far are the ones who will supply Sprint with pico cells. 

• Like 6

AirSpan / Alcatel-Lucent, Samsung, Nokia, and Ericsson so far are the ones who will supply Sprint with pico cells. 

Do you know how heavily they plan on relying on their 2.5 spectrum for backhaul and if they plan on using it more with los or nlos? Sprint seems to keep mentioning how much it will help them with their small cell roll out.

Do you know how heavily they plan on relying on their 2.5 spectrum for backhaul and if they plan on using it more with los or nlos? Sprint seems to keep mentioning how much it will help them with their small cell roll out.

Some. Not all.

Most will be fed by traditional microwave and fiber as places where Sprint wants to deploy pico cells typically already have options readily available. 

• Like 5