Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

If you are counting on plenty of or even any reserved spectrum in all markets, stop counting. That is entirely dependent upon TV broadcaster participation. I still expect another delay in the 600 MHz auction -- or outright disaster, as TV broadcasters may opt out. I hope so. This could be a fun train wreck to watch.

AJ

Too bad we would have to wait for that "Super Extended Range LTE"

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

You have comprehension issues.

Troll Along

JK

That is exactly what Fabian says when he's lost for words and can't somehow figure out a way to say something bad about Sprint or praising T-Mobile/John Legere. Then again, maybe he's just exhausted trying to imagine the day when he meets his idol, John Legere. That is, if he hasn't already.

Imagine having to deal with Fabian on a plane trip he's taking to go meet John Legere. He'd bug the hell out of the flight staff and the other passengers about meeting his almighty un-batman (in rl more like the joker) John Legere, how John Legere "rescued" consumers from the mean, evil "duopoly", and how Fabian sees himself in John Legere. fighting the so -called "S4GRU Sprint Trolls", on Fierce Wireless every day, and making sure that everyone who reads the comments sections on Fierce Wireless knows just how bad Sprint is, and just how great T-Mobile and of course John Legere, truly is.

Then again, all that talk on the plane likely is just as exhausting to poor little Fabian, as is his thinking about T-Mobile and John Legere. However, other than repeating it to John Legere after they meet, considering its pretty much all Fabian talks about anyways, it is doubtful Fabian will say much else, other than this :

"Yes Sir", "No Sir", and "Please don't fire me Sir, I never called my store manager a trollish slut for not going out with me. I would never do that, Sir. I don't date anyone in my free time, because all of my time off work is spent online promoting our company and making sure everyone knows how great the uncarrier is, Sir. I was fired from Sprint for being a douchebag, and that is why I hate Sprint. They suck and are full of Trolls. But, I love T-Mobile and if you don't fire me, give me a promotion and I'll do anything you want, Sir!"

That is exactly what Fabian says when he's lost for words and can't somehow figure out a way to say something bad about Sprint or praising T-Mobile/John Legere. Then again, maybe he's just exhausted trying to imagine the day when he meets his idol, John Legere. That is, if he hasn't already.

Imagine having to deal with Fabian on a plane trip he's taking to go meet John Legere. He'd bug the hell out of the flight staff and the other passengers about meeting his almighty un-batman (in rl more like the joker) John Legere, how John Legere "rescued" consumers from the mean, evil "duopoly", and how Fabian sees himself in John Legere. fighting the so -called "S4GRU Sprint Trolls", on Fierce Wireless every day, and making sure that everyone who reads the comments sections on Fierce Wireless knows just how bad Sprint is, and just how great T-Mobile and of course John Legere, truly is.

Then again, all that talk on the plane likely is just as exhausting to poor little Fabian, as is his thinking about T-Mobile and John Legere. However, other than repeating it to John Legere after they meet, considering its pretty much all Fabian talks about anyways, it is doubtful Fabian will say much else, other than this :

"Yes Sir", "No Sir", and "Please don't fire me Sir, I never called my store manager a trollish slut for not going out with me. I would never do that, Sir. I don't date anyone in my free time, because all of my time off work is spent online promoting our company and making sure everyone knows how great the uncarrier is, Sir. I was fired from Sprint for being a douchebag, and that is why I hate Sprint. They suck and are full of Trolls. But, I love T-Mobile and if you don't fire me, give me a promotion and I'll do anything you want, Sir!"

He knows that Fabian says that.  That is precisely why he said it/made the joke.  

• Like 1

True... but you just spent too much of your time writing that post on that chick. She ain't worth that many words.

• Like 4

True... but you just spent too much of your time writing that post on that chick. She ain't worth that many words.

That is very true, too! I think we all contributed quite well to this issue though, regardless of time. At least people who visit here on S4GRU who don't already know about Fabian, will know from all of what we wrote here and hopefully will heed our advice/warnings. and our humor!
  • Like 1

Yes I know that too. I liked their post, then expanded my post with my own.

But we should stop talking about that bottom dwelling creature entirely.  If it knew we spoke of it so often, it would no doubt be stroking its chin, giggling in evil ecstasy in its lair.  After all, it feeds on attention.

• Like 9

But we should stop talking about that bottom dwelling creature entirely. If it knew we spoke of it so often, it would no doubt be stroking its chin, giggling in evil ecstasy in its lair. After all, it feeds on attention.

I agree. The beast itself seems to read here quite often, according to their posts on FW. It feeds on attention it surely doesn't need.

Somewhat off-topic, but something I've mentioned before. I'd love to see an expanded version of S4GRU which covers all the carriers, ran by the team here but with similar discretion. It could be a troll-less form of HowardForums, and I think a great general wireless community with the same level of intelligence as here on S4GRU.

Too bad we would have to wait for that "Super Extended Range LTE"

That's right, the whole country will be full of magenta love. They won't need any towers in PR where you are, because it'll just travel across the sea. That will cover entire (sizable) counties, states even.

Who are you kidding, they'll be covering the whole continent by #EOY2016. The whole world by 2020. They could start covering alternative life forms on other planets if the FCC would give them the spectrum!

;)

• Like 5

That's right, the whole country will be full of magenta love. They won't need any towers in PR where you are, because it'll just travel across the sea. That will cover entire (sizable) counties, states even.

Who are you kidding, they'll be covering the whole continent by #EOY2016. The whole world by 2020. They could start covering alternative life forms on other planets if the FCC would give them the spectrum!

;)

Alternative life forms from other planets would make a much better executive team than what T-Mobile currently has with Neville Ray, Braxton Carter, and John Legere. Although Legere somewhat resembles a Reptilian who may have been deported from his home planet for angering his government and falsely claiming that the planetary uncarrier he was the CEO of there had coverage on all of their moons, including the gassy ones.
  • Like 2

Well John just mentioned he was matching the $15 price with 90 dollar trade.

I'd say it's better in that you can swap devices when ever.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Johnner, any links to an article about this? Not that I don't believe you. I do, just that I want to read more about this. Unless John Legere said this on his beloved Periscope he seems so attached to for all the attention he gets from it.

Johnner, any links to an article about this? Not that I don't believe you. I do, just that I want to read more about this. Unless John Legere said this on his beloved Periscope he seems so attached to for all the attention he gets from it.

correct it was via periscope  

full PR kit in the early morning...

also if you trade in a iphone 6 -- new deal is $5  and they will still pay off your lease on that iphone 6

Now I will say he bashed the $15 Sprint plan since you needed to trade in a phone for it.  Which is true BUT then basically just copied it.  So was it shit or was it great?  

so hardware aside what really matters is the plan price - and coverage.    And unless I'm wrong Sprint kicks the Lamas Ass on that!  

• Like 1

correct it was via periscope

full PR kit in the early morning...

also if you trade in a iphone 6 -- new deal is $5 and they will still pay off your lease on that iphone 6

Now I will say he bashed the $15 Sprint plan since you needed to trade in a phone for it. Which is true BUT then basically just copied it. So was it shit or was it great?

so hardware aside what really matters is the plan price - and coverage. And unless I'm wrong Sprint kicks the Lamas Ass on that!

Seems odd to be releasing a plan like this three days before launch. They must have noticed a dent in pre-orders or something. Seems like a slow response for T-Mobile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Seems odd to be releasing a plan like this three days before launch. They must have noticed a dent in pre-orders or something. Seems like a slow response for T-Mobile.

he said if you pre-ordered you'll get the deal if you ask/bring in a phone etc etc....  

honestly think he felt that people were confused, or actually concered he'd be called out.    

anyhow you slice it it makes it better for us.   as a consumer - for either brand.

also talked about the band12 being supported finally with iphones and would more than 300 million pops for lte by end of year.   

any Best Buy. mobile dept folks here?

just curious about that new $200 trade in offer AND $200 port in gift card offer.   I don't have devices to trade in - but like the $200 port in GC.  And can you still get Sprint to pay off your equipment if bought via Sprint? 

http://www.engadget.com/2015/09/22/t-mobile-iphone-6s-trade-in-promo/

• Like 1

just curious about that new $200 trade in offer AND $200 port in gift card offer. I don't have devices to trade in - but like the $200 port in GC. And can you still get Sprint to pay off your equipment if bought via Sprint?

Wonder also if your trade in counts towards the iPhone Forever lease discount?

• Like 1

Wonder also if your trade in counts towards the iPhone Forever lease discount?

I assume no... As you have to turn in your phone. And I doubt bestbuy sends it to Sprint.

That said it would be nice to have a solid answer. I asked Sprint cares via twitter. Can't get the same answer twice :-/

I assume no... As you have to turn in your phone. And I doubt bestbuy sends it to Sprint.

That said it would be nice to have a solid answer. I asked Sprint cares via twitter. Can't get the same answer twice :-/

I'm going to call my local Best Buy myself tomorrow. Worst case I have to buy 2 LG Sunrise phones for $20 each at Walmart to turn in. One to Best Buy and one to Sprint.

Edited by AppleFanBoy
  • Like 1

just curious about that new $200 trade in offer AND $200 port in gift card offer. I don't have devices to trade in - but like the $200 port in GC. And can you still get Sprint to pay off your equipment if bought via Sprint?

Yes, you get a $200 Best Buy gift card if you open a new line of service on Sprint (on a lease).

Sprint will pay of any device payments due if the number is ported from another carrier (can't be a Sprint Prepaid brand) and you you register at sprint.com/join2015 you have to turn in your current device for your previous carrier. You will receive the American Express gift card within 15 days of registration.

The Best Buy trade in offer is separate from the Sprint device payoff. You can't do both. If you want Sprint to pay off a device payment or contract you have to send the phone to them. Also, the Best Buy trade in offer is "up to $200", not a guaranteed $200.

5a390affec7a3231883bcaeb948c734d.jpg

*edited to add lease requirement for $200 gift card*

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yes, you get a $200 Best Buy gift card if you open a new line of service on Sprint.

Sprint will pay of any device payments due if the number is ported from another carrier (can't be a Sprint Prepaid brand) and you you register at sprint.com/join2015 you have to turn in your current device for your previous carrier. You will receive the American Express gift card within 15 days of registration.

The Best Buy trade in offer is separate from the Sprint device payoff. You can't do both. If you want Sprint to pay off a device payment or contract you have to send the phone to them. Also, the Best Buy trade in offer is "up to $200", not a guaranteed $200.

5a390affec7a3231883bcaeb948c734d.jpg

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

Thanks.

You are correct as I didn't want to turn in my phone to best buy. But I would like that $200 switch gift card :-) yes I like my cake and ability to eat it too :-)

I assume you can't do the $15 iPhone lease though this way... I guess no milk with my cake lol. I do have an older smartphone though

Speaking of champions and rockstars:

http://www.adweek.com/agencyspy/publicis-t-mobile-want-you-to-think-again/93735

Divorced From Reality

I simply cannot believe they are seriously still going after Verizon. Just, not a good move. 

It is a calculated move and will pay off with some, falter with others.

"Extended Range LTE" or not -- as many handsets do not support band 12, not to mention, many T-Mobile markets do not and probably never will have band 12 -- T-Mobile is counting on some VZW users being tempted.  They may try T-Mobile and find it works as well for them as VZW, much to their surprise.  Some will have later regret once they start to enter different buildings and travel outside of cities, but they may be beyond their trial periods, already effectively locked in to T-Mobile device payments.  Finally, others will find the T-Mobile network still weak straight away and jump right back to VZW.

The first group may become T-Mobile subs for life.  It is the second and third groups that could prove problematic.  The second group may be stuck with T-Mobile for a while, but once the financial opportunity to leave arises, they may bolt forever.  And the third group most likely will not try T-Mobile again.  So, T-Mobile hopes at least for short term gain from the second group, and by improving its network in the interim, T-Mobile may be able to retain many of those former VZW subs.

We shall see...

AJ

• Like 5