Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

If you are going to go to $1, why not just go Free at that point? You know that is where Johnny will go next. While as a consumer I like these deals, it does feel like a race to the bottom.

But the lower price point is due to a large down payment.

Not a race to the bottom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I like the idea quite a bit, except for that it means John Legere will keep his job, rather than Marcelo taking over T-Mobile. If Marcelo had the position of both companies, T-Mobile would be alot better.

Makes one wonder about Google and their "testing" on both networks!! Hmmmmmmmm

• Like 1

I have to say John is a marketing genius

I understand how it could appear like that, but what he is doing isn't really genius, it is something many others could have done, and possibly far more, if they wanted to.

Problem is, his decisions likely are going to result in T-Mobile being acquired by another company, whichever one it is. Many people have said in various posts online several tech sites that John Legere was brought in for that reason specifically. I definitely agree with them.

If he were really genius, as I understand how it seems that way by the attention he gets along with the reactionary results, he could have done so in a way that would ensure long-term financial success. T-Mobile isn't in that position though.

Makes one wonder about Google and their "testing" on both networks!! Hmmmmmmmm

I haven't wrote much about this, but I do like the idea of Google getting more involved in helping the two carriers merge in more ways. However and sadly so, I don't think Google is going to. From what I've been reading, I think this year's Nexus smartphone-sized are going to be a sales disaster, unless the Huawei version surprisingly does end up having the Snapdragon 820. Alot of people are complaining about the camera lip in the back, some the size of the device, and plenty complain still about the Snapdragon 810.

The LG model for some is too small, while many are complaining about the storage options and saying the design isn't too good. Bezels being too big have been a complaint about both models. So, if sales are bad, Google might be in a bind to avoid this happening again, in whether or not to continue the Nexus line, or get more serious about it, especially considering the growth of the IPhone market.

So, I doubt Google is going to do much more to help with the merger possibilities, even though it would be nice. I also would love for Google to purchase Sony and revitalize Sony. Then Sony could be the sole manufacturer of Nexus and better to compete against Apple.

Eh, T-Mobile can be profitable if the Germans want to keep it. Looking at the rest of their portfolio, and then looking at TMUS performance, maybe they should.

Sale might have been their original intention, but they blasted away their original intention, so who knows what they do now.

• Like 2

Eh, T-Mobile can be profitable if the Germans want to keep it. Looking at the rest of their portfolio, and then looking at TMUS performance, maybe they should.

Sale might have been their original intention, but they blasted away their original intention, so who knows what they do now.

I agree that DT could make it more profitable. However, they would need to do more about Legere's giving away of stuff so much, especially this battle with Sprint over IPhone pricing.

I am currently on Framily. I thought I would compare what we have with the new family share plans from Sprint & T-Mobile. Here are my observations from a consumer perspective from the beginning of this journey. Correct me on any detail I get wrong.

1. Sprint has a fancy web site, but T-Mobile's was easier to use. Finding the family plans was easy. Pick the number of lines and alter data allotments. On the right side, it shows total cost. Simple and easy.

Sprint, I first picked shared plans and had to pick a phone. I didn't want to measure plans as if I was buying a phone. Maybe I'll bring my own. I found another link for "Other Plans" where I could the family 4 pack. It lets you change data allotment but not number of lines. Yes, I can read the fine print and do calculations, but why can't I just select what my needs are on the page and see instantly what my monthly cost would be. (I still don't know how to figure out what a 6 line account might cost.) I mean, automobile manufacturers have been doing this for years.

Sprint's web site is pretty but not practical.

2. Sprint offers no unlimited data option on the share plan.

3. Sprint waives access fees (I believe through Sept 2016) if the line's phone is on Easy Pay or lease. T-Mobile has no access fees.

4. Sprint share plan does not include tethering or hot spotting.

5. Sprint does not offer free data services like music streaming.

6. Sprint does not offer rolling unused data month to month.

7. Sprint seems to offer only one family plan, the share plan. T-Mo has the share plan and the Simple Choice plan. If Sprint has something like the Simple Choice plan, I wouldn't know because I can't find in Sprint's dizzying web site. Sprint web designers... K.I.S.S.

8. T-Mobile brags about unlimited calling and texting to Mexico and Canada and while in either country. If Sprint offers the same, I can't tell. No mention on the product page.

Sprint needs to play to win, from presentation to plans to service. The network is getting better, but it isn't the only thing that needs addressing. 

- Sprint customer & share holder

• Like 2

I am currently on Framily. I thought I would compare what we have with the new family share plans from Sprint & T-Mobile. Here are my observations from a consumer perspective from the beginning of this journey. Correct me on any detail I get wrong.

1. Sprint has a fancy web site, but T-Mobile's was easier to use. Finding the family plans was easy. Pick the number of lines and alter data allotments. On the right side, it shows total cost. Simple and easy.

Sprint, I first picked shared plans and had to pick a phone. I didn't want to measure plans as if I was buying a phone. Maybe I'll bring my own. I found another link for "Other Plans" where I could the family 4 pack. It lets you change data allotment but not number of lines. Yes, I can read the fine print and do calculations, but why can't I just select what my needs are on the page and see instantly what my monthly cost would be. (I still don't know how to figure out what a 6 line account might cost.) I mean, automobile manufacturers have been doing this for years.

Sprint's web site is pretty but not practical.

2. Sprint offers no unlimited data option on the share plan.

3. Sprint waives access fees (I believe through Sept 2016) if the line's phone is on Easy Pay or lease. T-Mobile has no access fees.

6. Sprint does not offer rolling unused data month to month.

7. Sprint seems to offer only one family plan, the share plan. T-Mo has the share plan and the Simple Choice plan. If Sprint has something like the Simple Choice plan, I wouldn't know because I can't find in Sprint's dizzying web site. Sprint web designers... K.I.S.S.

8. T-Mobile brags about unlimited calling and texting to Mexico and Canada and while in either country. If Sprint offers the same, I can't tell. No mention on the product page.

Sprint needs to play to win, from presentation to plans to service. The network is getting better, but it isn't the only thing that needs addressing.

- Sprint customer & share holder

For every number ported in Sprint will waive the access fees for as long as you stay on the plan. The family share packs all include hotspots and tethering. The rest I'm not going to go into. Why don't you just go into a store. That might be a lot easier.

• Like 2

Since the 2H2015 rootmetrics reports have started being released, I have been keeping track. I will keep up every few days in my document. These include all 1st place finishes (Shared or outright) in the Airport, metro, and venue sections. Nice to see a little bit of progress so far in the term.

But so far, Sprint had been keeping up with third place in # of awards! During the 1H2015, Sprint was still behind T-Mobile in #1st place finishes, even though they received third place overall. Now that they are actually ahead, let's hope this momentum keeps up. cf232b89813a72ec52f0b8925ec99a7a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

For every number ported in Sprint will waive the access fees for as long as you stay on the plan. The family share packs all include hotspots and tethering. The rest I'm not going to go into. Why don't you just go into a store. That might be a lot easier.

I thought access fees are waived for each line with a phone on Easy Pay or lease and only up to Sept 2016. So if I have 6 lines and only 1 line has an Easy Pay phone, then access fees for all 6 lines are waived?

Having to go into a store to figure all of this out says a lot right there.

You can use your data however you want if you have a data bucket. Tethering/hot spot included. The unlimited plans do not include tethering unless added.

It's called net neutrality my friend. (at least the spirit of it).

It's very prominently advertised. Took all of 2 seconds to find.

http://www.sprint.com/landings/openworld/index.html#!/

• Like 8

I thought access fees are waived for each line with a phone on Easy Pay or lease and only up to Sept 2016. So if I have 6 lines and only 1 line has an Easy Pay phone, then access fees for all 6 lines are waived?

Having to go into a store to figure all of this out says a lot right there.

Ok for example you have two sprint lines. You bring over four lines from T-Mobile to that account. Sprint will not waive the current 2. They will only waive the 4 for the remainder of the time you stay on the plan. They will be waived with BYOD, EasyPay, or Lease. Depending on where you work you will also get a discount off the data bucket.

• Like 3

You can use your data however you want if you have a data bucket. Tethering/hot spot included. The unlimited plans do not include tethering unless added.

There are unlimited family plans? 

Huh? Phone carrier decides not to meter for certain traffic and that has something to do with net neutrality?

"To find" is the operative phrase here. You have to seek it out to discover. There's no mention of it when shopping for plans. A prospective consumer shouldn't have to find this. It should be mentioned as a feature of the plan.

https://www.sprint.com/shop/plan-wall/?INTNAV=LeftNav:Shop:OtherPlans#!/

http://www.sprint.com/landings/openworld/index.html#!/

When I went to the Sprint store yesterday they had this big banner advertising Open World

• Like 6

Huh? Phone carrier decides not to meter for certain traffic and that has something to do with net neutrality?

I have to pay for more high speed data if I want to stream my music from a non authorized T-mobile source, such as from a computer at home. Giving unrestricted access to certain things on the Internet violates the spirit of Net Neutrality, in my opinion.

• Like 2

Yup.  People seem willing to overlook Net Neutrality transgressions that work out in their favor.  But that is hardly neutral.  Instead of Music Freedom, maybe somebody else who never streams music wants E-Mail Freedom.  But that has not happened, hence data is being treated non neutrally.

AJ 

• Like 11

I understand how it could appear like that, but what he is doing isn't really genius, it is something many others could have done, and possibly far more, if they wanted to.

Problem is, his decisions likely are going to result in T-Mobile being acquired by another company, whichever one it is. Many people have said in various posts online several tech sites that John Legere was brought in for that reason specifically. I definitely agree with them.

If he were really genius, as I understand how it seems that way by the attention he gets along with the reactionary results, he could have done so in a way that would ensure long-term financial success. T-Mobile isn't in that position though.

Obviously, if someone purchase T-mobile right now, they need to pay a lot more than 2009 or 10.  He increase the value of the company and thus a benefit to their shareholders.

• Like 2

Yes. If you specifically ask in-store: 2 lines for $110/month. $50/month for each additional line. (Unlimited Talk/Text/Data).

$100 first 2 lines and $40 each additional line if you go to Best Buy.

Sent from my Sprint LG G4

• Like 3

Indeed. How is Best Buy is offering better pricing on this than Sprint?

Desperation?  Best Buy is not long for this world.

AJ