Gab2012

Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

8 minutes ago, Robert7 said:

Is  there has been a change of plans?  Band 13 has been integrate, but no upgrade in the towers. Is this because of the merge? t mobile are already deploying  band 71 and they promise will be operational by september.. Any thoughts?

Deploying new equipment takes quite a bit of time. You're not going to see the turn around in a couple of months. The speed at which they opened up Band 13 to Sprint customers was impressive. The new tri-band equipment has been designed, but it will probably be some time yet before they clear all the hurdles to actual deployment.

And no, the potential merger with T-Mobile has not affected any deployment plans thus far.

• Like 1

Band 13 has a 10 mhz  bw while band 25 is  5 mhz, phones should prioritize band 13 .In places like the mall where  both frecuency have the same strenght  that is not the case

32 minutes ago, Robert7 said:

Band 13 has a 10 mhz  bw while band 25 is  5 mhz, phones should prioritize band 13 .In places like the mall where  both frecuency have the same strenght  that is not the case

Did they not inherit band 25 from Open Mobile as well?

24 minutes ago, banananuts87 said:

Did they not inherit band 25 from Open Mobile as well?

19 minutes ago, Robert7 said:

I think so,  but no upgrades yet

Some of that may have been used for EVDO/1xRTT, so it'll need to be cleared/pared down and they'll need to coordinate the changes with what is left of Open Mobile before Sprint can begin broadcasting LTE on those channels.